Looking in Pattaya for apartment or condo rental starting may 20-

Tigerbythetail

Budget 20k. If can pay less great. Want safe near walking Street action not above second floor. Furnished clean safe. Please let me know Places to look. I won't live in high rise. I'm American moving from cm before I bore to death. Short or long term. My lease in cm ends may 20. May leave soon tho.

Edited by Tigerbythetail

I would suggest you consider Jomtien and get a Baht bus to Pattaya. VT 2 or 5 are quite good value for money and you would probably pick up a studio for around 10k to 12k a month.

Anything you see online, you will more than likely get cheaper if you just front up to the condo itself and ask to see what is available.

Check Meow at diana-oasis.com

On that site you can find link to some cheaper private rentals she has, too.

She might be full, at they ared often booked very early. But perfect location

near LK Metro and Bath-Bus in both directions in front of their gates.

Another good area is the North Pattaya Soi 1-4 area, but a bit far to get all

the way to W.Str. or Central.

Good luck. MS>

Why would anyone considering staying near WS ? You will only find short time rooms there....

At least try closer to 2nd or 3rd road.

Nonsense. Take your blinkers off. I sometimes stay in a 150 square metre apartment next to Walking Street. Private entrance and elevator for just two apartments. Even though most certainly outside the OPs budget, it is nonsense to suggest there are only short time rooms. There are even fully equipped apartments on Walking Street.

Picture of the balcony and view:

post-25153-0-91814700-1456419131_thumb.j

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Nonsense. Take your blinkers off. I sometimes stay in a 150 square metre apartment next to Walking Street. Private entrance and elevator for just two apartments. Even though most certainly outside the OPs budget, it is nonsense to suggest there are only short time rooms. There are even fully equipped apartments on Walking Street.

That looks nice….whats it called and does it take short term requests….1-2 weeks.

150sq m is like….huge.

Edited by JHolmesJr

That looks nice….whats it called and does it take short term requests….1-2 weeks.

150sq m is like….huge.

Link in your inbox

It's not cheap.... You might get the 80 sq. m plus Studio apartment(actually has four rooms and a seafront balcony) for 45k per month inclusive..

They'll take short term bookings, but the price will reflect it.

Kitchen from 'Studio'

post-25153-0-88202500-1456420672_thumb.j

Thanks for all the great info. This gives me a nice jump on my search. I would be happy anywhere in vicinity of "pattaya city area 3" in this map. Of course closer I can get to walking street around 70 m^2 the better. My uncle has place near the "al" in centr"al" pattaya Rd. on that map for like 6000. Tho he's lived there 10+ years and not sure how big it is. Thanks all!

post-250931-0-88674600-1456421164_thumb.

Edited by Tigerbythetail

Thanks for all the great info. This gives me a nice jump on my search. I would be happy anywhere in vicinity of "pattaya city area 3" in this map. Of course closer I can get to walking street around 70 m^2 the better. My uncle has place near the "al" in centr"al" pattaya road on that map for like 6000. Tho he's lived there 10+ years and not sure how big it is. Thanks all!

Which map? You can try to do a deal at Yensabai Condo. They have 78 sq. m. at 25k short term.

Monaco Residence 80 sq. m. 30 k short term.

So they might deal for long term.

They are a bit far from the water for me, but might be ok for you.

Oh...not above second floor might be a problem for that size of apartment in that location. Perhaps 55 sq. m is possible for around 17k. But then no elevator. Swings and roundabouts. smile.png

Ok, now you've added the map, that's spread the search much further. I haven't looked that far back, so perhaps others will have ideas.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Hey. i have a scooter so I am flexible with location (within map area preferably) and considering my budget I'm open minded with size too. If I can save money in rent that's more money I can spend on fun. Just exploring options since I've only spent a week in pattaya and 3 months in cm and that's the extent of my time in Thailand. thanks again. Sea view or street view is cool by me. Just so long as it's not a brick wall view. ? And I prefer No high rise buildings. I want 1st or second floor. 3rd floor max.

Edited by Tigerbythetail

I would suggest you consider Jomtien and get a Baht bus to Pattaya. VT 2 or 5 are quite good value for money and you would probably pick up a studio for around 10k to 12k a month.

Anything you see online, you will more than likely get cheaper if you just front up to the condo itself and ask to see what is available.

Yes I agree. I'm in a very nice studio in view talay 2b jomtien for 12k and it's a 10 min baht bus ride to walking St. Jomtien in general is cheaper than south Pattaya. Just consider it as another option

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Yes I agree. I'm in a very nice studio in view talay 2b jomtien for 12k and it's a 10 min baht bus ride to walking St. Jomtien in general is cheaper than south Pattaya. Just consider it as another option

if its fun your after keep in mind many girls will consider baht bus rides clocked time, so you may be better off moving closer in if you dont have a motorbike and are pinching pennies.

if its fun your after keep in mind many girls will consider baht bus rides clocked time, so you may be better off moving closer in if you dont have a motorbike and are pinching pennies.
No shortage of beer bars in jomtien especially that entertainment complex next to the marketplace, must be 30 beer bars there. I specifically don't want to be in Pattaya surrounded by hookers all the time. Great for tourists though but they get to leave in a few weeks

• 2 weeks later...

is ridiculous people keeping deposits.

I lost my deposit twice in Philippines. I still want to hurt those jerkoffs. I Wont rent from Chinese or a half Mexican Muslim again. I prolly won't live in Philippines again either. The rentals are pretty bad quality for the money. you can sometimes tell if they will give deposit back or not and act accordingly before moving out. hard to find place that rents without deposit.

Might be hard to find as nice a place in patty as I have in cm for equal price. I pay 22k for a nice 80 ft^2 place in serene area with swimming pool. With private Huge 25 ft^2 patio first floor with scenic tranquil view. 4+ star. two story building, cctv. 30 unit complex. I only have one neighbor above cool English lady. All other units are in seperate buildings. So good privacy.

But the cm night life drags and isn't as sexy a city (my opinion) as patty. So I'm willing to sacrifice luxuries for fun. Lol.

Edited by Tigerbythetail

is ridiculous people keeping deposits.

I lost my deposit twice in Philippines. I still want to hurt those jerkoffs. I Wont rent from Chinese or a half Mexican Muslim again. I prolly won't live in Philippines again either. The rentals are pretty bad quality for the money. you can sometimes tell if they will give deposit back or not and act accordingly before moving out. hard to find place that rents without deposit.

Might be hard to find as nice a place in patty as I have in cm for equal price. I pay 22k for a nice 80 ft^2 place in serene area with swimming pool. With private Huge 25 ft^2 patio first floor with scenic tranquil view. 4+ star. two story building, cctv. 30 unit complex. I only have one neighbor above cool English lady. All other units are in seperate buildings. So good privacy.

Your message deserved a reply as it comes across as a Philippines bashing comment, suggesting that you cannot get bonds back there. I was lucky to always get my deposits back in the Philippines. It all depends on luck and who you rent from - same as over here. I don't think the risk is any different in either country.

The bottom line, and a point worth considering when you pay it, is that if a landlord gives you the finger when you ask for your bond back there's nothing you can do. You can't sue for it because you'll spend a lot more on legal fees and court and you probably won't have time for a legal process anyway. The landlord can just lie and say you owe him for this and for that etc etc so even if you do sue, you'll probably lose anyway and pay the landlord's legal fees as well. Kiss your bond goodbye.

My current feelings on the subject, as I'm facing the dilemma right now regarding having to pay a security deposit and trying to get one back.....

Assume, before it is paid, that it is money down the drain and you're lost it... therefore, don't pay 2 months as is required by all real estate agents. Look for a rental directly from a landlord who only asks for one month, limiting your loss in the event it is withheld when you leave. Hedge your bet (it is a gamble) by assessing the landlord as closely as possible. I have been lucky so far in Thailand, but it has been luck.