Looking in Pattaya for apartment or condo rental starting may 20-

Tigerbythetail

It's simple. Just say I will take it but 1 month deposit only. If you get knocked back then be grateful and move on.

My 1 month rental in jomtien where I am now was crunched to 5k. One third of the rent..

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Here in Thailand 1 month deposit is normally good enough , for smaller units. If you ask any Thais that live in rented condos they are not familiar with deposits , they just pay monthly and maybe paid 1 month deposit when they moved in . It's a lot of money for a hard working family with 10k salaries.

Edited by balo

It's simple. Just say I will take it but 1 month deposit only. If you get knocked back then be grateful and move on.

My 1 month rental in jomtien where I am now was crunched to 5k. One third of the rent..

It's not simple at all - not even close. If you're not fussy, it's easy to find a place and you can barter because average places are plentiful. If you want quality at a good price, you'll not find a place easily and there's no guarantee that a landlord with a nice place, in a nice location, with quality furnishing will barter on the deposit.

It's not simple at all - not even close. If you're not fussy, it's easy to find a place and you can barter because average places are plentiful. If you want quality at a good price, you'll not find a place easily and there's no guarantee that a landlord with a nice place, in a nice location, with quality furnishing will barter on the deposit.

If you were a landlord with a house that had quality furnishings you would probably ask for a higher deposit, I know I would.

If you were a landlord with a house that had quality furnishings you would probably ask for a higher deposit, I know I would.

Agreed, I would too.... and these are the places I'm searching for. There's no guarantee you can barter for lower deposits, and most likely you can't.

Let's focus on the average rental. The masses are renting crappy thai furniture with a 5 year old TV

Why 2 months security? That's set up to rip off the weak. Good luck getting it back.

Let's focus on the average rental. The masses are renting crappy thai furniture with a 5 year old TV

Why 2 months security? That's set up to rip off the weak. Good luck getting it back.

Newbies will settle for an average place with crappy furniture and maybe a bench top for a kitchen, but people who have been her for awhile usually want something better.

Newbies will settle for an average place with crappy furniture and maybe a bench top for a kitchen, but people who have been her for awhile usually want something better.

It's always about the money. Why would you think the masses are renting gorgeous houses with imported furniture and artwork ?

You can't possibly believe that, surely.. Maybe the 5% living in these places should pay 2 months but what about the
m-a-j-o-r-i-t-y?

Try and stay with the program..

It's always about the money. Why would you think the masses are renting gorgeous houses with imported furniture and artwork ?

You can't possibly believe that, surely.. Maybe the 5% living in these places should pay 2 months but what about the

m-a-j-o-r-i-t-y?

Try and stay with the program..

You program is just arguing and baiting for the sake of it...

I'm looking for a place right now - and have another thread dedicated to it. Everyone wants a good deal whether it's a cheap rental or not. I'm kind of an expert on that subject right now as I've visited dozens of real estate agents and have travelled all over Pattaya looking... and seen many places in many different locations.

Condos are easy, although expensive and small. Houses are not so easy and mainly because most foreigners (who are more likely to have a clue about interior decoration and finishings) buy condos for obvious reasons.

You said it was simple, I disagreed and gave you my reasons, so let's leave it at that.

It is so true about Pattaya.

There is no shortage of accommodation but to find something good that fits all your requirements is quite a difficult task.

I have wanted to move for years but believe me the place I am in ticks nearly all boxes I just haven't found anything that matches it.

There is no shortage of accommodation but to find something good that fits all your requirements is quite a difficult task.

I have wanted to move for years but believe me the place I am in ticks nearly all boxes I just haven't found anything that matches it.

I'm exactly in the same position as you. I didn't realize how good a deal I had until I started looking. 5 years makes quite a difference.

I'm exactly in the same position as you. I didn't realize how good a deal I had until I started looking. 5 years makes quite a difference.

I have been in my current location about 7 years I think.

The only thing reason I want to move is to get a bigger place with a nice kitchen but nothing I have seen stacks up anywhere near as good.