Bar Owner Stabbed In Lamai

MrAG

My GF said a Thai paper yesterday had a story that a 31 yr old French Bar owner in Lamai was stabbed to death by his Thai wife of 2 years. They had one 2 yr old child. The owner 'dabbling' in/with the staff at the bar was the reason given for the murder. Said she sat patiently in the bar after the stabbing for the police to arrive. Didn't run away or anything!

Can anyone confirm/deny this story? Sad if true......

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm/deny this story? Sad if true......

[/quote

Haven't heard of this one yet, live up in the north of the island... but I can assure you, I know personally of a similar case, NOTHING happened to the Thai Lass, none...... the guy had to come up with all the (overcharged, Farangprice) hospital ICU expenses himself!!!!

It's not the first case and surely won't be the last, for eternity!!!!!!!!!Shot, chopped, beaten, stabbed, run-over, poisened, pre-meditated murder or manslaughter, name it, it's all in the books already!

Goose pimpels, shudder? Well........ it's a fact, but there are quite a few who stil believe "mine is different"! :o

I know, I know, it's terribly generalizing, but anyone tread carefully, especially if aquainted, married and then in a bar with another girl... wooooaaaaaaahhh, LOOK FOR SHELTER - FAST!

The Bar Lass might be just teasing you, not because she likes you, but there is an old feud to be won, between her and your wife, Partner, Friend, whatever!!!!!!!!!!

And certainly you will not even find out till your next life, and even then I wouldn't be too sure!

Edited by Samuian

Firstly it's not clear whether the guy died or not from these posts.

First one speaks of "murder" then the next one talks about him

paying his own vetinary bills.

Looks like he probably neither died nor pressed charges.

Apart from the "woman scorned" element , what another

poster said is very true.

Once had a friend of the then GF going around telling all

and sundry I was continually propositioning her.

Couldn't understand or want to understand her motive.

:o

:D

the motive...maybe she saw a wedge of baht hanging out ya rucksack one day,or ya bumbag{depending on age}!!!!! :o

:D

the motive...maybe she saw a wedge of baht hanging out ya rucksack one day,or ya bumbag{depending on age}!!!!! :o

I was shown the newspaper article and he evidently died, it had a picture of her all covered in blood cringing on the floor and just an insert of him looking like the photo was from his passport...

The first thing I tell all of the newbies in Thailand ... don't start a new relationship until you have finished the last .. I have seen the "crazy eyes" and the resulting bruises and scars and trashed houses and vehicles etc too many times (they truly look like those possessed people you see in movies and it is 99% due to jealousy whether it be valid or not) ... in case you were wondering it has not always been me as the subject of those fits of craziness, just happened to be around some other people as well ...

the article says that he died , stabbed , because he wouldnt stop being unfaithful.

his name was stephen or stephan jolinon (its hard to read his surname as there is a mark or crease in the paper) and he was french.

a sad story , a crime of passion , she deserves to be locked up for a long while , but i dont know how the courts look at these things here.

They call it losing FACE!

Well, everyone here for long enough and not aquainted with a catholic choir girl, will have come across this or that variety.

I don't know how I keptway from it, but finally after a long time, same thing -SNAP, BANG, BOOM!

All rationality had disappeared, she was the one who screwed up really bad, but I was the one responseable!!!

She kept lobbying over the time, never let loose! Just to make 400% sure that everyone believed I was the bad guy, the failure...!

It's a mixture of completely uncontrolled emotions, the lack of ability or the will to disolve social, interhuman relationship problems and conflictsituations and a MIGHTY GOOD dash of this Soap and Spirits Crap!

Criticism is a no, no, so if any given member of society, has to "face the music" one day, the ONLY valve there is, is a violent and completely uncontrolled reaction - ALL or NOTHIN', NO COMPROMISE - to clear them (their imagined image) of whatever they dreamt of they either had, represented, or what was their position in society.

Nothing else matters, nothing! Wife's, Children, Relatives are all of a sudden the enemy!

And I really learned to 'fancy' how this works, it's certainly'kind a magic'! Next day, the air has cleared, a bit of sulking, bt NO SORRYY or any remorse, oooooo, NO! Not even try there after to mention what happened and it will ALL start right from the Beginning - quite sure even more violent!

It's something in the fabric of society, I couldn't really figure out yet, a pinch of patriotism, some pinch of we are the greatest, we can do all, Cat can do, a mega Ego, sort of thing.... weird, very weird.

But I have witnessed that between locals, between locals and the POLICE!!!!!!!! All possible varieties, male-male, female-female, male-female, a whole group comin; into a rage about ONE wrong word, at the wrong time, at the wrong spot!

And if things get really HOT, RUN FOR SHELTER!!!, do not even think, not the blink of a second, that there might be asolution like take her in your arms, it will getworse, just to show everbody what a "rotten, stinking piece of human flesh" you really are........... money, valueables, what ever amount, a house, a car, will not cure those imagined 'wounds'!

Maybe, if one's really lucky, the storm will cease for some time, but it CERTAINLY will errupt again, at the slightest chance, with much, much, more Force! Because the person, made it a point in society and THEY WILL belooking up to this person!!!!!

There is also some sort of learning factor, as in: "ahh, yep, it worked this time alright, let's see next time" After all it's Sanook! Have And she/he will really be some sort of a hero and everything else was YESTERDAY!

Have a drink, have a drink, have a drink on me!!!

I have won!!!!!!!

That is what it all just comes down to, human manure.

Sorry, generalizing, this is not meant to offend anyone but to explain one piece of the miracle...

So take this with you, everyone on the "road", through LoS! Navigate very controlled, never even think this is "Fun country".........

I know, I know, mine is different, is what I and many of my friends and associates did think, till the unthinkable happened.

Ahhhhhh well............

Edited by Samuian

Why the outrage? If he'd kept his cock inside his pants or at least had the sense not to play around so close to home he'd still be here.

since when has sexual infidelity been a hanging offence , apart from places such as afghanistan and saudi arabia.

the mad woman is the guilty one.

Why the outrage? If he'd kept his cock inside his pants or at least had the sense not to play around so close to home he'd still be here.

since when has sexual infidelity been a hanging offence , apart from places such as afghanistan and saudi arabia.

Well done tax exile, the boys on the Daily Mail desk would be proud. You've managed to link a killing in a bar in Thailand to the 'muslim threat'.

Well done tax exile, the boys on the Daily Mail desk would be proud. You've managed to link a killing in a bar in Thailand to the 'muslim threat'.

this samui frenchman got himself killed for adultery , somebody intimated he deserved it.

i commented to the effect that only under sharia law is adultery punished with execution , and you crawl out from behind your bottle and berate me because i stated a well known fact .

you accuse me of bringing race and religion and 'the muslim threat' into the argument.

easy to see where your subliminal reasoning emanates from.

:o:D

lets not get personal guys, nobody deserves it.

But somchai has a point, if you are aware your wife is the jealous type is it really wise to then cheat on her with every woman that comes into view?

Personally, I've never understood this attitude myself, if you want to play around why get into a serious relationship then? if you have so little respect for your partner it is better to end the relationship.

But, that is neither here nor there, the man was killed in a most painful and personal way and she will pay for her anger for the rest of her life.

lets not get personal guys, nobody deserves it.

quite right , and when i mentioned somchai as coming out from behind a bottle , i should have said a bottle of mineral water.

no offence somchai.

no he shouldnt have messed around , compulsively if the newspapers are to be believed , but a knife in the chest is hardly the right way either and he didnt deserve to die.

there are two sides to every story , and unfortunately we wont get to hear his.

she should not go unpunished , it will only encourage others to take similar action , possibly for lesser "offences"

They were our neighbours before they moved into Lamai and seemed a nice quiet sort of couple. They had a motorbike rental business.

They must have had a son about 2 months ago (not 2 yrs as the article suggests) because she was pregnant at the same time as me. She also had a son from a previous relationship with a friend of his.

The version I heard from another neighbour was indeed that he was caught cheating with some of their staff, she asked them both to go talk about it and he ended up repeatedly smashing her head against the wall at which point she grabbed a knife and the rest is history. That's just what I heard, but it's so surprising to me that she did this at all. I guess you never can tell about people.

Seems like you all feel for/against the dead man! What about the lille 2mo. old child and his/here older step brother/sister! It's allways the children it goes out on, SO SCREW FACE and start thinkin' about the offspring! (if you don't want any, then use a condom)

"....but it's not the same with a rubber!" (Think before you do!!!!!)

They were our neighbours before they moved into Lamai and seemed a nice quiet sort of couple. They had a motorbike rental business.

They must have had a son about 2 months ago (not 2 yrs as the article suggests) because she was pregnant at the same time as me.

She also had a son from a previous relationship with a friend of his.

The version I heard from another neighbour was indeed that he was caught cheating with some of their staff, she asked them both to go talk about it and he ended up repeatedly smashing her head against the wall at which point she grabbed a knife and the rest is history. That's just what I heard, but it's so surprising to me that she did this at all. I guess you never can tell about people.

Seems to me that both have been 'busy' in their lives before.....

That doesn't give anybody the right to take someones life and kill him or her.

LaoPo

Question is why have a girlfriend when you live in thailand?.

You need to have rock solid resovle.

Most of my mates who live with full timers there spend their lives tip toeing around.

And Samui is a small place!!

They must have had a son about 2 months ago (not 2 yrs as the article suggests) because she was pregnant at the same time as me.

She also had a son from a previous relationship with a friend of his.

Seems to me that both have been 'busy' in their lives before.....

That doesn't give anybody the right to take someones life and kill him or her.

LaoPo

I seem to have put the cat amongst the pigeons (apologies to those whose first language is not English - tiresome use of confusing idioms).

The reason I made my comments about the guy not playing around on his own doorstep (oops more idioms) was because it seemed that every poster up until then had ranted about the wife and not even made reference to the circumstnaces.

Having said this, if I gave the impression that this made what she had done acceptable, that wasn't my intention. Indeed it is a tragic case.

I'm big enough to admit I may haver posted a bit rashly. Perhaps in a topic like this we should ALL take extra time to think about the case.

As for my Muslim post Tax Exile, I was probably guilty of what I accused you of, point taken.

You were right the first time about the bottle, it would probably be wine rather than mineral water, though these days due to my obsession with the gym and having a wife that doesn't drink, the wine goes down rather more slowly and in far smaller quantities meaning that I would probably walk out from behind my bottle rather than crawl.

:o

At least my Thai wife has promised to kill any mia noi if she finds me with one, and not me. She is a university graduate - maybe they learn such things there? :D

:D been with my thai misses 3 yrs already been warned if caught with pants down of comes the meat and to veg the crazy jelous f@@#3$K would do it for sure :D moral of story no the rules and dont shit on youre own doorstep :o

I still have some time as I am in Sweden and she is in Thailand applying for permanent residence permit here.

But seriously - one crucial question is obviously - if there is no more love, how to tell a Thai girl this thing? I just read Stickman's weekly column, for Sept. 17, where he took up this question, and it is worth reading.