Ruled out Thailand

timtscott

I will be moving to Panama Next year after being here for 20 years The reason is simple We have no rights Nothing here Cannot own land Cannot participate in the economy other then spend money

Who needs it I am going to place that will appreciate what I potentially can really contribute to .

Thailand is loosing a true resource Retirees that can truly contribute to Thai society and the world of Commerce But they think they know it better than the west

It really depends on the retirees. Some only venture out side the room to buy a 6 pack of Leo's because that's all the meagre pension will alow. Iany way for every 100 retirees that bolt there are another 100 freshly arrived, I doubt anyone could care less especially the thai economy

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be moving to Panama Next year after being here for 20 years The reason is simple We have no rights Nothing here Cannot own land Cannot participate in the economy other then spend money

Who needs it I am going to place that will appreciate what I potentially can really contribute to .

Thailand is loosing a true resource Retirees that can truly contribute to Thai society and the world of Commerce But they think they know it better than the west

Somehow, I have the feeling you'll be back. Panama doesn't resonate as the Garden of Eden.

It really depends on the retirees. Some only venture out side the room to buy a 6 pack of Leo's because that's all the meagre pension will alow. Iany way for every 100 retirees that bolt there are another 100 freshly arrived, I doubt anyone could care less especially the thai economy

A 6 pack of Leo? Never seen it, must be shopping in the wrong place. 24 packs of cans is what I buy. And before any troll asks, I don't drink them in one session. One a day, and it's not a matter of watching the pennies.

Agree - some retirees overrate their importance in the overall scheme of things.

A 6 pack of Leo? Never seen it, must be shopping in the wrong place. 24 packs of cans is what I buy. And before any troll asks, I don't drink them in one session. One a day, and it's not a matter of watching the pennies.

Agree - some retirees overrate their importance in the overall scheme of things.

3 two packs?

If I was the OP, I would spend my energy on a forum applicable to my chosen destination, costaricavisa.com, ecuadorvisa.com, or wherever, looking for positive ideas for the place of my retirement.

The only reason for the post was to vent his anger, but it ain't going to change things.

3 two packs?

Come on - that's cheating.

thumbsup.gif Crikey..., am I the only one who's quite happy to stay in my home country(Australia) and visit 'elsewhere' when ever I choose ?

It depends on how well off you are, probably. I can afford to live quite modestly in Australia, and very well in Thailand. So it's not a difficult decision.

I had thought of buying a motor home and joining the grey nomads going around Australia. Problem is, I've seen 90% of it when I was younger, and caravan parks cost more than what a good motel used to cost back then.

Seems to me someone is making the classic mistake of judging Thailand on one or two specific areas and not visiting the rest of this amazing place.

In 10 years, never been stopped once "for being a farang". But then I have never been to "certain areas" as that doesnt appeal to me and I wouldnt want to live or retire in those areas either.

Seems to me someone is making the classic mistake of judging a poster before actually knowing the whole story.

He never said he was stopped for being a farang. But the fact that they are able and actually stopping farang for no apparent reason (other than passport check) recently does not sit well with all of us.

He said he has been coming for 25 years. It would be pretty sad that if in 25 years he never got out of those "certain areas". I think it is pretty clear from his OP that he has looked at this from a much more global perspective.