Yingluck hears charges at third hearing in Supreme Court

webfact

Yingluck hears charges at third hearing in Supreme Court

44-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra appeared at the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders for the third hearing for alleged dereliction of duty charge in the rice-pledging scheme.

Three prosecution witnesses are to testify in the court against her.

She was accompanied by her team of lawyers to the court at 9 am amid a hundred of supporters who included some of her former cabinet ministers and former MPs of Pheu Thai party.

She was greeted by supporters, mostly women who gave her flowers to boost her spirit.

The greeting was under the watchful eyes of security men and police.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152535

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-26

She was accompanied by her team of lawyers to the court at 9 am amid a hundred of supporters who included some of her former cabinet ministers and former MPs of Pheu Thai party.

surprised they didn't break that up as a political gathering of more than 5 people. whistling.gif

surprised they didn't break that up as a political gathering of more than 5 people. whistling.gif

Well last time it was 300, this time "a hundred"...

Build the gallows high, me boys!!

It is essentially 100% certain that they will convict her. That is why this whole charade is taking place.

Yingluck may be convicted as you say, but her lawyers will have one appeal after another. Justice is very seldom served in Thailand for the HiSo's..Perhaps in about 15 years we might get the final outcome...whistling.gifclap2.gif

It is essentially 100% certain that they will convict her. That is why this whole charade is taking place.

Yingluck may be convicted as you say, but her lawyers will have one appeal after another. Justice is very seldom served in Thailand for the HiSo's..Perhaps in about 15 years we might get the final outcome...whistling.gifclap2.gif

nah, look what happened to her brother.

These guys aren't that smart, and they aren't that creative.

They'll go down the same path with a trumped up set of charges and a conviction of a(nother) former PM which the rest of the world will view as a political conviction.

The only problem that they have, and they'll be looking for the same solution as with Thaksin, is how to convict her but keep her out of jail.

In jail she is a martyr.

In exile, she is a political punching bag.

I see a couple of scenarios...

1. She is convicted and somehow allowed to escape.
  2. She is not convicted, but they line up a long series of court cases against her to keep her pinned down.
  3. She is found innocent and allowed to go free.

Number 3 is just a joke. They'll never do that.

And I don't think that they are creative enough to try number 2.

So it's option 1. whistling.gif

BTW, if Number 3 actually happens, then I'll publicly eat my hat right here. biggrin.png

Well last time it was 300, this time "a hundred"...

yeah, but that was a temple visit and even the generals don't have the balls to break up merit-making at a temple.

She's done number of those and I haven't heard of any problems.

Actually, the temple-thing is a good tactic on her part....

The only problem that they have, and they'll be looking for the same solution as with Thaksin, is how to convict her but keep her out of jail.

In jail she is a martyr.

2. She is not convicted, but they line up a long series of court cases against her to keep her pinned down.

BTW, if Number 3 actually happens, then I'll publicly eat my hat right here. biggrin.png

There is still a way to go. Sometimes things turn out in surprising ways in Thailand. Keep your hat handy.

Edited by whimsy

She is not a dumb lady I think she is well aware of this fact. They will make an example out of her. All the lawyers in the country will not save her. I am surprised she is going through this whole staged process and did not do a runner. Looks like she wants to be a martyr which does not project the junta in a favorable light.

best wishes to her

Bleak is what most analysts said. 9 of the judges that ruled against Thaksin case are ruling her case. Will see how the judge or rather the junta has in store for her. The maximum sentencing is 10 years. If the sentencing is too harsh, it can trigger chaos and USA will surely have harsh words since they have called this politically motivated trial. If too lenient, it will embolden their supporters. Perhaps somewhere in the middle which I have no clue what it will be.

Do you mean she should not be convicted when shown guilty as charged...?

Why would that then be? Because she is an 'influential person', a member of the Shins' clan, or, worse, the puppet of a convict-on-the-run pseudo-ex-PM?

Well we will see....only thing I can say with some surety is expect the unexpected....anything can and will happen.

If she goes to the big house that will be more damaging for this country than she is worth.......

Because of the hell Thaksin and consorts could raise with their red and black shirted mercenary stormtroopers, you mean...?

It's not so much (the very little, IMO) she is worth that is meaningfull here, it is what she (as a responsible mature person?) chose to do, and could(!) be proven to have been reprehensible. Not her person, but what she did, ...or had to but did not.

best wishes to her

Bleak is what most analysts said. 9 of the judges that ruled against Thaksin case are ruling her case. Will see how the judge or rather the junta has in store for her. The maximum sentencing is 10 years. If the sentencing is too harsh, it can trigger chaos and USA will surely have harsh words since they have called this politically motivated trial. If too lenient, it will embolden their supporters. Perhaps somewhere in the middle which I have no clue what it will be.

And Khun Eric, in his usual unbiased ways, telling us that the judges who ruled 'against Thaksin' were ...biased, and didn't deliver true Justice to his great hero, Mr Mandela-Ghandi-Thaksin! Sure, sure Khun Eric! What's the name again for this rhetorical form, twisting things around...?

nah, look what happened to her brother.

These guys aren't that smart, and they aren't that creative.

They'll go down the same path with a trumped up set of charges and a conviction of a(nother) former PM which the rest of the world will view as a political conviction.

In jail she is a martyr.

Just in case, I just bought a hat for you (can't refuse a present, can you?), the one from Dr No's bodyguard... 'Bon appétit' rolleyes.gif

what are they going to charge her with now they have sold the rice the same rice that was part of the pledging scheme I think all this is much ado about nothing using yingluck as a sacrificial goat .

I don't know what your trade might be, I just hope it's not accountant, for your eventual clients I mean...

This is a pretty clean and cut case of dereliction of duty. When one does not turn up to one, not one single rice committee meeting when one is the chairman of the committee then if that is not dereliction of duty I feel rather confident I could be the PM of Australia. In fact if one does not need to turn up and it is NOT dereliction of duty I can do any job in the world irrespective of whether I was qualified for the job or not.

For one to think she is innocent they would therefore think I would make a wonderful PM because they beleive one does not need to actually turn up for the job they were employed to do.

Vote 1. PM DJ!!

best wishes to her

And Khun Eric, in his usual unbiased ways, telling us that the judges who ruled 'against Thaksin' were ...biased, and didn't deliver true Justice to his great hero, Mr Mandela-Ghandi-Thaksin! Sure, sure Khun Eric! What's the name again for this rhetorical form, twisting things around...?

Just stating the facts which apparently got you rather emotionally defensive. More facts were the use of retro active laws and split verdict of 5-4 between the judges. No twisting,just facts for pondering. Have a good weekend.

Perhaps the "hundred of'" of was journalistic license and there wasn't more than 5! tongue.png

Amazing how all those ladies get together and turn up with flowers. All spontaneous of course rolleyes.gif

And so the circus continues.