Yingluck hears charges at third hearing in Supreme Court

webfact

Build the gallows high, me boys!!

It is essentially 100% certain that they will convict her. That is why this whole charade is taking place.

It's 100% certain to anyone with an ounce of sense that she was negligent. How many meetings did she attend and chair, pray tell us again? Who appointed her chair? What actions did she take when internal responsible people and external prestigious organizations flagged up problems and warnings?

Whether the mitigation should be "she was only following her brother's orders" or continue to lie, fudge and obscure and hope to weasel the way out remains to be seen.

best wishes to her

Bleak is what most analysts said. 9 of the judges that ruled against Thaksin case are ruling her case. Will see how the judge or rather the junta has in store for her. The maximum sentencing is 10 years. If the sentencing is too harsh, it can trigger chaos and USA will surely have harsh words since they have called this politically motivated trial. If too lenient, it will embolden their supporters. Perhaps somewhere in the middle which I have no clue what it will be.

And Khun Eric, in his usual unbiased ways, telling us that the judges who ruled 'against Thaksin' were ...biased, and didn't deliver true Justice to his great hero, Mr Mandela-Ghandi-Thaksin! Sure, sure Khun Eric! What's the name again for this rhetorical form, twisting things around...?

Just stating the facts which apparently got you rather emotionally defensive. More facts were the use of retro active laws and split verdict of 5-4 between the judges. No twisting,just facts for pondering. Have a good weekend.

No your not just stating facts Eric. You are trying to suggest there was something "wrong" in the verdict against Thaksin. And that those judges did not deliver a verdict based only on the law, facts of the case and implementation of the law to those facts. Very dangerous ground there Eric.

Thaksin got off one charge on a split decision. One judge who found in his favor later admitting he thought he was guilty but let him off as he was PM! Thaksin tried to bribe judges in the land abuse of power case, and has never tried to appeal that case, simply preferring to try to claim everything is politically motivated whilst contriving an amnesty.

You have to be incredibly naive or a die hard Shin lover to swallow the Shin BS propaganda that they've never ever done anything wrong, never ever.

They don't give a toss for the law or the rules. From cheating at Uni, insider dealing in stocks, election fraud, abuse of power etc etc.

We all know laws are selectively enforced here, but that does not excuse Yingluck from not doing her duty. Perhaps she will produce audited accounts, meeting minutes, action point lists and follow ups etc to show she wasn't negligent. Or perhaps she will continue to stamp her foot and say it's all unfair.

But either way, whining that the world is out to get the poor misunderstood Billionaire Shin family is just crap.

Edited by Baerboxer

best wishes to her

You have previously posted that you think she was one of, if not the best, PMs ever for Thailand. You are obviously a fan of her skills.

Could you please explain to us all, how you arrived at the conclusion that appointing yourself chair of the rice policy committee, then not attending any of the meetings you were supposed to chair, ignoring warnings from World Bodies, threatening internal people who dares issue similar warnings and never revealing any details of the scheme equates to competent non negligent stewardship.

I remember on one occasion she appointed good old Chalerm to investigate discrepancies. He hired one of his son's pals who to check. After 48 hours they said everything was o k - no problems. Do you think anyone actually got of their arse other than to count the fee they were paid?

But, please, do give your views.

It is essentially 100% certain that they will convict her. That is why this whole charade is taking place.

It's 100% certain to anyone with an ounce of sense that she was negligent. How many meetings did she attend and chair, pray tell us again? Who appointed her chair? What actions did she take when internal responsible people and external prestigious organizations flagged up problems and warnings?

Whether the mitigation should be "she was only following her brother's orders" or continue to lie, fudge and obscure and hope to weasel the way out remains to be seen.

That's a lot of question marks BB. So you don't know much. If you don't know, why instigate.

The only problem that they have, and they'll be looking for the same solution as with Thaksin, is how to convict her but keep her out of jail.

In jail she is a martyr.

In exile, she is a political punching bag.

I see a couple of scenarios...

1. She is convicted and somehow allowed to escape.
  2. She is not convicted, but they line up a long series of court cases against her to keep her pinned down.
  3. She is found innocent and allowed to go free.

Number 3 is just a joke. They'll never do that.

And I don't think that they are creative enough to try number 2.

So it's option 1. whistling.gif

BTW, if Number 3 actually happens, then I'll publicly eat my hat right here. biggrin.png

There is still a way to go. Sometimes things turn out in surprising ways in Thailand. Keep your hat handy.

the writing is on the wall.

she's going up the river....

don't know where your home country is or even it if is a democracy, but where I come from, incompetence doesn't earn you a jail cell.

That's a lot of question marks BB. So you don't know much. If you don't know, why instigate.

Can't you answer any questions Eric? Never heard of critical analysis and questioning? Appreciate English isn't your first language Eric, so there's two more for you.

Would you like to make any comment on the actual questions Eric? The answers are well known, but just in case some have short memories, perhaps you'd care to enlighten us?

Most English courses cover the use of question marks in English if you're not sure. But do try and keep on topic and answer the questions. Or perhaps you can't or don't want to?

best wishes to her

You have previously posted that you think she was one of, if not the best, PMs ever for Thailand. You are obviously a fan of her skills.

Could you please explain to us all, how you arrived at the conclusion that appointing yourself chair of the rice policy committee, then not attending any of the meetings you were supposed to chair, ignoring warnings from World Bodies, threatening internal people who dares issue similar warnings and never revealing any details of the scheme equates to competent non negligent stewardship.

I remember on one occasion she appointed good old Chalerm to investigate discrepancies. He hired one of his son's pals who to check. After 48 hours they said everything was o k - no problems. Do you think anyone actually got of their arse other than to count the fee they were paid?

pray share with us where I posted that? or are you making it up AGAIN ???

don't know where your home country is or even it if is a democracy, but where I come from, incompetence doesn't earn you a jail cell.

In my country, like a lot of other democracies, willful negligence that causing harm can get you into trouble which in some instances could lead to imprisonment, fines, suspended sentences or probation; or any mixture thereof.

There is a big difference between being incompetent and negligent. If YL had chaired every meeting, issued audited accounts to show the true state of the scheme, produced action lists with follow ups and demonstrated she was trying her best to manage things, then fair enough.

But she didn't and hasn't. So she chose to ignore things, not attend meetings, dismiss warnings and manage nothing. What her reason for that is conjecture and ought to come out during the trial, but probably won't as she'll stick to the tired old "I've done nothing wrong, it's not fair, but but" speeches.

Do you see the difference between incompetence and willful negligence? Does your country recognize that difference?

indeed there would not be enough jails and no one would EVER serve in public life if they were to be hounded and victimised as Yingluck is after their ELECTED term is over

but wait... the UNELECTED, who Baerboxer so loves, have given themselves an AMNESTY so the same thing cannot happen to THEM

good old Baerboxer always supporting the elite and brushing aside the hypocrisies

best wishes to her

pray share with us where I posted that? or are you making it up AGAIN ???

No, unlike you I don't make things up, or suffer from apparent memory loss.

I'm also not your researcher. You have, on more than one thread in the past, praised YL and her achievements. If you can't remember then have a trawl through.

So, presumably, you feel appointing yourself as the chair of a very important committee, and the not actually doing anything or attending the meetings is acceptable, not negligent in anyway and indicative of how a chair and PM should behave?

Are you, 'tbthailand', telling us that Yingluck was/is 'incompetent'? What's happening? Lost your coloured shades and seen the light at last...?

Someday there will be an audit of the Fed in the US...??

Someday there will be an audit of

the Royal Household Bureau? Both will show willful negligence and incompetence

and waste which will amount to more than 1000 times the Rice Scheme could of ever

have totaled.

Why go so far. Have a audit of the Royal Thai Army or previous schemes like the Thailand Khem Khaeg (Strong Thailand) and you see willful negligence and incompetence.

Are you, 'tbthailand', telling us that Yingluck was/is 'incompetent'? What's happening? Lost your coloured shades and seen the light at last...?

well, she is marginally better than her brother, but that is a low bar.

In my country, like a lot of other democracies, willful negligence that causing harm can get you into trouble which in some instances could lead to imprisonment, fines, suspended sentences or probation; or any mixture thereof.

There is a big difference between being incompetent and negligent. If YL had chaired every meeting, issued audited accounts to show the true state of the scheme, produced action lists with follow ups and demonstrated she was trying her best to manage things, then fair enough.

But she didn't and hasn't. So she chose to ignore things, not attend meetings, dismiss warnings and manage nothing. What her reason for that is conjecture and ought to come out during the trial, but probably won't as she'll stick to the tired old "I've done nothing wrong, it's not fair, but but" speeches.

Do you see the difference between incompetence and willful negligence? Does your country recognize that difference?

You know what. You wouldn't recognize a political persecution if it bit you on the nose.

She's gonna get fried and then they'll say "opps, she got away", oooooooh, that sneaky Thaksin, oooooooh, he makes me soooooo mad.

And then she becomes another convicted-fugitive-former-prime-minister-boogeyman, or boogey-woman in this case, on whom the morons running the country will blame all of Thailand's problems.

indeed there would not be enough jails and no one would EVER serve in public life if they were to be hounded and victimised as Yingluck is after their ELECTED term is over

but wait... the UNELECTED, who Baerboxer so loves, have given themselves an AMNESTY so the same thing cannot happen to THEM

good old Baerboxer always supporting the elite and brushing aside the hypocrisies

So can we assume you have NO DEFENSE (gee whiz my caps lock on the keyboard works too!).

Another Shin fanboy who wants to pretend there is no difference between willful negligence and incompetence,

And the usual attack any poster who points out the Shin flaws, claim they love the current government, the elite and the hisos.

Anything but anything to avoid answering the real question. Must divert away from the topic as we've no real defense.

So LannaGuy - Was Yingluck willfully negligent by not bothering to attend any meetings she was supposed to, as the self appointed chair, even after considerable warinings?

A simple Yes or No will do.

no she was not wilfully negligent being PM has many duties and when I was running a large company I was also Chair of many meeting I did not attend as I delegated to other managers but I doubt you will understand such things. I have said on numerous occasions Yingluck was not a great PM nor even a good one and the rice scheme was a failure in many ways but was well meant to assist farmers as is the case in the US and Europe.

Mismanaged? yes wilfully negligent? no

best wishes to her

Bleak is what most analysts said. 9 of the judges that ruled against Thaksin case are ruling her case. Will see how the judge or rather the junta has in store for her. The maximum sentencing is 10 years. If the sentencing is too harsh, it can trigger chaos and USA will surely have harsh words since they have called this politically motivated trial. If too lenient, it will embolden their supporters. Perhaps somewhere in the middle which I have no clue what it will be.

Eric the Junta have already published a report which admits it was in the "country's interest" but, as you rightly point out, it's a 'done deal' but they are making a martyr out of her when they should have let her fade

Eric the Junta have already published a report which admits it was in the "country's interest" but, as you rightly point out, it's a 'done deal' but they are making a martyr out of her when they should have let her fade

The junta have published a report and it's worth the paper it is written on? What convenient timing. Just the moment they happen to say something you agree with.

You know what. You wouldn't recognize a political persecution if it bit you on the nose.

She's gonna get fried and then they'll say "opps, she got away", oooooooh, that sneaky Thaksin, oooooooh, he makes me soooooo mad.

And then she becomes another convicted-fugitive-former-prime-minister-boogeyman, or boogey-woman in this case, on whom the morons running the country will blame all of Thailand's problems.

Like the way you are already getting ready to dress up her likely fleeing in event of a guilty verdict as being something done to her.

Fleeing from justice being forced upon her. Yes of course.

Ever the victim.

best wishes to her

Yes for her new life behind bar

I'm sure orange uniform will be well with her eyes

"Yes for her new life behind bar ,I'm sure orange uniform will be well with her eyes "

You mean like this?rolleyes.gif

LG says "best wishes to her".

Then a bit further down the thread he says he has no love for the shin clan.

Which is it?

Like the way you are already getting ready to dress up her likely fleeing in event of a guilty verdict as being something done to her.

Fleeing from justice being forced upon her. Yes of course.

Ever the victim.

ah, my good man, imagine Yingluck in a Thai prison and then consider for just 20 seconds the implications for the people who put her there.

She'll get convicted, and she'll get away.

I mean, you don't believe for a moment, that Thaksin's escape was because he "out-foxed" 'em, do you?

cheesy.gif

ah, my good man, imagine Yingluck in a Thai prison and then consider for just 20 seconds the implications for the people who put her there.

I mean, you don't believe for a moment, that Thaksin's escape was because he "out-foxed" 'em, do you?

cheesy.gif

Yes of course. Thaksin's running away after having promised to stay and accept the court's verdict, nothing whatsoever to do with being a yellow belly coward who couldn't bring himself to spend even a day behind bars, like pretty much all the other hi-so elite, but the fault of those dastardly characters in the shadows who forced him to flee against his wishes.

Can just see it now. "How dare you force me to get on this private jet, leave the country and not come back... i insist you handcuff me now and take me to my cell".

"Sorry sir. We just can't risk it. People might pour out onto the streets up and down the country, united in anger".

"Well ok, i'll go, but only because i love this country so much and am prepared to sacrifice myself for it"

cheesy.gif

Yes of course. Thaksin's running away after having promised to stay and accept the court's verdict, nothing whatsoever to do with being a yellow belly coward who couldn't bring himself to spend even a day behind bars, like pretty much all the other hi-so elite, but the fault of those dastardly characters in the shadows who forced him to flee against his wishes.

Can just see it now. "How dare you force me to get on this private jet, leave the country and not come back... i insist you handcuff me now and take me to my cell".

"Sorry sir. We just can't risk it. People might pour out onto the streets up and down the country, united in anger".

"Well ok, i'll go, but only because i love this country so much and am prepared to sacrifice myself for it"

Thaksin ran for the hills, "just off to the Olympics, be right back". Now he's throwing his sister and son under the bus. Some people still think it's a strategy, nope, sheer terror at having to face the music. The only strategy is to hope that his cries from afar will cause the international community to save his sister. He sure as h-ll won't risk a hair on his head.

I really fail to understand why some people are gloating at what is very obviously a traversty of justice.

She walked into the trap, was manipulated by the ammart supporters and is a victim in the junta's desire to destroy anything Takhsin related for ever.

Her demise is a landmark in the graveyard of civil liberty and social justice for the majority of the Thai population.

She may be a stooge but why is it funny, unless you are a millionaire chinese magnate??

She and Takhsin still enjoy a lot of support from the very people the junta claim they cheated . . . Na, don't buy it. They are loved by con Isan.

Edited by RawboneFunksta

I really fail to understand why some people are gloating at what is very obviously a traversty of justice.

She walked into the trap, was manipulated by the ammart supporters and is a victim in the junta's desire to destroy anything Takhsin related for ever.

Her demise is a landmark in the graveyard of civil liberty and social justice for the majority of the Thai population.

She may be a stooge but why is it funny, unless you are a millionaire chinese magnate??

She and Takhsin still enjoy a lot of support from the very people the junta claim they cheated . . . Na, don't buy it. They are loved by con Isan.

Post of the day!

Beautiful, thank you!