Gift For Male Colleagues

MiG16

Im looking at advice on buying small gifts for male colleagues...not for any specific occasion like birthday or farewell or any such thing. kinda like when you are visiting another office in another location and want to take small little gifts for those you work with but have never met

what would be appropriate?

its quite easy to think of options for girls...the list goes on and on

but when it comes to male I have a bit more difficulty

thanks for any ideas :o

would help if they are not big bulky items :D

Necktie is a normal gift in western country. Neutral by all aspect. And eventually can be cheap price too.

As you are thai, totally forbid the usual symbolisation of phallus, people with a narrow mind as I would be prompt to get wronmg ideas.

If you work in a field implying caculation, an abacus can also be great, it will give some exotic touch to your gift and allow those who will get it a souvenir for later.

Necktie is a normal gift in western country. Neutral by all aspect. And eventually can be cheap price too.

As you are thai, totally forbid the usual symbolisation of phallus, people with a narrow mind as I would be prompt to get wronmg ideas.

If you work in a field implying caculation, an abacus can also be great, it will give some exotic touch to your gift and allow those who will get it a souvenir for later.

set of cufflinks

nice pen/writing set

tie (although personal taste can be a problem)

nice food item e.g. box of chocolates

if you know they drink (and ONLY then) a bottle of nice wine or spirits

hmmm I did think about neckties, but kinda was not sure if thats a bit personal? so its not?

the pen thing is also pretty good idea :o easy to pack as well

chocolates...usually always works I suppose....but being the chocaholic that I am, its almost impossible for me to give away chocolates :D

anyway, thanks for the ideas....keep them coming please :D

Only this weekend I went out and bought a pile of Calanders (views of Rome - not girls with the kit off) to be distributed in our Thai office when I visit next month.

I'll also be picking up a couple of bottles of Scoth at the airport (which I expect to be ruined by being diluted with soda).

Necktie because :

You stated you were thai, also I did noticed your english is not the usual thai english (comparable to my french english) but seems to be more classy, by so I assume you got a western education (probabilly in a western country), and you must have a goo hierachicall rank inside your firm. By so the necktie is fairly traditional. As alcohol can be in my region (half of the population do alcohol, the other half drink it lol).

Anyone interresting to buy 40 liters of prune marc at 60degree (JOKE)

hmmm booze....maybe a good idea afterall :D office party to welcome myself :D

calendar...hmmmm considering new year's is around the corner....maybe with some thai landmarks not bad not bad...might have to go hunting...oops..shopping

thanks boys....well I hope no ladies were here and got offended :o sure I believe in feminism :D

guesthouse...scotch from italy? whatever happened to good old chianti?

sighhhhh @ the thoughts of Rome. was my first ever visit to Europe and I fell in love...........

I’m working with a small army of men in my company and these are some I’ve seen so far…….

Desktop punching bag

Cd - musics or movies

Mouse pad w/ a joke writing on it

Swiss army pocket knife

Key change w/ built-in nightlite

coffee mug

Smal/pocket appointment book w/ good built-in calendar

Small bottle opener

Money clip

Small note pad

Edited by BKK90210

no they arent thai.....2 philippino and one german

all the girls are philippinos too, but I have no problem deciding what to get them :o

and OI!! why would i buy ManU or Chelsea!!grrrr!!

Go Gunners Go Gunners!!

• 3 weeks later...

just thought Id mention that I took some nice pens for the male colleagues, together with some chocolates (really nice venezuelan chocolate, and they all seem to love it!)

so thanks all for the input and ideas. will also be handy for many other occasions :o

• 3 months later...
Tytus, please tell me you dont realy drive around in that ridiculus looking car in your avator

Yes i do wanna go for a cruise ? Let me know lol Nice tattoos is that really you ?

Edited by tytus

If they are English-speakers or Europeans, you should find out if they drink first... but if they are Thais or other Asians, I think a gift of alcohol is appreciated whether or not they will use it for themselves- if they don't drink they'll just pass it on to someone who does.

no they arent thai.....2 philippino and one german

all the girls are philippinos too, but I have no problem deciding what to get them :o

and OI!! why would i buy ManU or Chelsea!!grrrr!!

Go Gunners Go Gunners!!

What do you get the Filipino girls?

My boss in Filipino as are 4 other Dr's i work with as well as research nurses.

Karaoke machine is not an option ;-)