Wat Phailom abbot asks for fair treatment from DSI over occupation of Jaquar classic car

rooster59

Monk not allow to drive so for what buying expensive cars. should lead a simple life as he not earning any income coming from donation these money should spend on religion gain not personal gain.

If he is not using money for personal gain then how is he paying almost 12k a year just to keep it sitting there. Most Thais don't even make that much money in a whole year. Clearly it is against Buddhism to have such an asset. Edited by thesetat2013

Monk not allow to drive so for what buying expensive cars. should lead a simple life as he not earning any income coming from donation these money should spend on religion gain not personal gain.

If he is not using money for personal gain then how is he paying almost 12k a year just to keep it sitting there. Most Thais don't even make that much money in a whole year. Clearly it is against Buddhism to have such an asset.
A donated asset. What if I donated a kilo of gold to the temple? Classic cars are an investment. The price goes up. It's the way you look at it. "Monk can't drive why he got classic car?" For investment the same as if a monk puts gold bars into a bank safe. The donations to a place of worship come in a variety of forms. This current blitz on monks and classic cars is due to the attempt to stop the Sangha council installing an ally of Thaksin as Supreme Patriarch.

If he is not using money for personal gain then how is he paying almost 12k a year just to keep it sitting there. Most Thais don't even make that much money in a whole year. Clearly it is against Buddhism to have such an asset.

"how is he paying almost 12k a year just to keep it sitting there. Most Thais don't even make that much money in a whole year." You mean 12k a month, yes?

where did he get the money from to buy it? fair treatment would be de frocking IMO.

I suggest you read the article before sentencing him to a defrocking. He didn't buy it.

You know what you do when you can't buy something yourself-you give the money to someone to buy it for you ;) OR the disciple went against the norm of donating money to the temple and decided that going through the hassle of sending a car from the US to Thailand was going to count as better merit? Mmmm...which scenario is more likely :rolleyes:

He's a chunky Monk...ey..isn't he...Didn't get that big by eating rice,vegetables and fish !! I'm sorry but this is just not what Budahism is about in any shape or form...it's sad really as the ordinary Thai people still feel they have to look up to these guys and quite clearly there corrupt.

where did he get the money from to buy it? fair treatment would be de frocking IMO.

I suggest you read the article before sentencing him to a defrocking. He didn't buy it.

Be kind Roo, reading can be such a chore to some.thumbsup.gif

"The vehicle was a donation from one of the abbots disciples who was living in the United States at the time and all legal requirements"

So does this mean that if I send 2,000,000 baht to my brother over there in North America because he's my brother and he in return to thank me for my generosity, he sends me a Lexes LS as a gift (donation), valued over here around 12,500.000 baht it would be OK and I shouldn't have to pay taxes?? Any one saying that they are a Monk, let alone an Abbot who has acquired expensive vehicles/toys while saying they are followers of Buda should be defrocked. Many are just living the life of luxury off the backs of the poor and should be treated for what they are,.....
Eh?

Nothing says piety like a jaguar.

It's neither a Jaguar nor a classic.

The 1977 Panther is about the most collect able car in existence. It was powered by Jaguar so it is a classic and it is a Jaguar.

The Panther may be a collectible car, but " the most collectible car in existence" is a real stretch.

Some prices here : http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/86/

History here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_Westwinds

As for it being a Jaguar because of its engine, that would be equivalent to calling a 1965 AC (Shelby) Cobra 289, a Ford because of the engine.

Many niche sports cars used mainstream engines for power like De Tomaso using Ford power, Jensen using Chrysler power, Iso (Grifo) Chevrolet/Ford power.

This monk's car was a Panther (Jaguar powered). It is not a Jaguar,

OTOH, the Jaguar (Panthera Onca) is a large feline native to Central & South America.

"how is he paying almost 12k a year just to keep it sitting there. Most Thais don't even make that much money in a whole year." You mean 12k a month, yes?

Correct! My typo.

You know when the abbots and monks have reached the end of their learning of the aura of transcendence, enlightments and spiritual fulfillment that comes with attaining the ultimate wisdom and celestial Knowles with an intense transactional present being.,are turning their attentions to hoard and possess worldly goods and trinkets of an questionable origin and values.....

Surely everyone is missing the point ... Or is it me... ?

He is a Budhist monk... Not supposed to own property, a car collection or wads of cash...!!

Supposedly he is to lead a quiet life of contemplation and piety... Combined with devotion to prayer and enlightenment ...

Not be a petrol head...

Another so called Monk who could afford a jaguar says it was donated to him by a Buddhist Lover who gave it to him. These Monks are a disgrace to Thailand. Lie and steel from the poor so they can get rich. They use religion to keep the government from closing them down. You have many good monks but the young ones are only in it for the money! The sweared to a life of proverty but pay no taxes and still own jet and vintage jaguar cars . How is this possible!.