Taking Your Apple Thunderbolt Display to Thailand?

DUS

You may have to pay duty, depending on the visa type you are arriving on. If you have a tourist visa you will probably have to pay. If non-immigrant maybe not.

I use a 42" Panasonic TV with my Mac mini here. Cost about 15,000 baht (300 British pounds).

Agree, doesn't seem worth the cost ...

You can easily buy a large screen TV for much cheaper

If you want to use it as screen for any Apple devices, more cost effective way would be to buy Apple TV and link with AirPlay

There is a huge difference between the quality of an Apple display compared to a TV.

but theres no difference between a 1000$ apple display and a 200$ non-hipster branded monitor

I love it when someone displays so much ignorance with great self confidence, in several posts in a row.

A no name 27" monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, which is absurd with a monitor that size.

Apple's 27" resolution is 2560*1440. The difference is huge, and you can never go back. Anyone who's advising to use a TV or a 1080p monitor has obviously never used a higher resolution.

Yes the apple is overpriced but not by that much, cheapest similar screens start at around $500.

For OP, you could invest in special suitcase for your display, that will cost a bit but could be useful if you will move a lot in the future. You could also sell it back home and buy a high res 27"+ in Thailand. They are quite hard to find but it's not impossible. InvadeIt has quite a few for sale, starting at around 20,000thb. Personnaly the best deal I found a few years ago was to go in the local Dell shop and make them order a U2713HM for about 16,000.

Be careful if you have an older mac mini, it will not be able to drive the new 4K screens.

but theres no difference between a 1000$ apple display and a 200$ non-hipster branded monitor

I love it when someone displays so much ignorance with great self confidence, in several posts in a row.

A no name 27" monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, which is absurd with a monitor that size.

Apple's 27" resolution is 2560*1440. The difference is huge, and you can never go back. Anyone who's advising to use a TV or a 1080p monitor has obviously never used a higher resolution.

Yes the apple is overpriced but not by that much, cheapest similar screens start at around $500.

For OP, you could invest in special suitcase for your display, that will cost a bit but could be useful if you will move a lot in the future. You could also sell it back home and buy a high res 27"+ in Thailand. They are quite hard to find but it's not impossible. InvadeIt has quite a few for sale, starting at around 20,000thb. Personnaly the best deal I found a few years ago was to go in the local Dell shop and make them order a U2713HM for about 16,000.

Be careful if you have an older mac mini, it will not be able to drive the new 4K screens.

the most ridiculous thing is apple hipster spewing ignorance left and right when all the information about how overpriced their systems are is everywhere.

this is my 200$ 27" led with virtual 4k

gn4ho4u.png

way better than my 1300$~ HP 30"

the most ridiculous thing is apple hipster spewing ignorance left and right when all the information about how overpriced their systems are is everywhere.

this is my 200$ 27" led with virtual 4k

gn4ho4u.png

way better than my 1300$~ HP 30"

Nice try but I highly doubt you can find a 1440p 27" for 200 bucks. Anyway your back alley contraband monitor shop does not exist in Thailand. Cheapest one available in retail is 19000thb, 25000 if you want the best in the category (Dell U2715h, but possibly cheaper direct from Dell Thailand).

By the way, 4K is 3840*2160. WTH does virtual 4k even mean? Any monitor can do that. Seems like you have no idea what you are talking about.

ahh apple fanboys...

Virtual 4K (3840x2160) support

2560 x 1440 (2K) / Response time 4ms / High Resolution WQHD / AH-VA Panel

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH1NB1871

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-QNIX-QX2710-LED-27-WQHD-2560x1440-Samsung-PLS-PC-Monitor-Glossy-/140934439651

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-II-Multi-TRUE10-27-2560x1440-QHD-DVI-HDMI-Monitor-/121362611435

most from ebay = 1 day shipping and overclockable to 120hz for advanced fps gaming.

apple fanboys..

Still deny the truth when shown a screenshot haha.

i paid 267$ us for mine

Edited by bearpolar

You must be a little bit slow, why would you think I'm an apple fanboy, I said I bought a Dell 27" which is much better value for money than the apple.

Confirmed with your virtual 4k fixation. This is complete marketing bullcrap, how do you think a screen could can support 3840*2160 with a 2560*1440 resolution? You can play a 4k movie on it? Great but so can you on a VGA screen.

Well done finding this cheap "deal", but I wouldn't touch your "Qnix" with a bargepole. A screen two times cheaper than the cheapest and already shitty brand like benQ. Yeah thanks but I'll advise anyone who wants a minimal image quality and not having to replace it every year to pass on that one. For monitors always stick to the quality brands : dell, iiyama, samsung, nec, and Apple of course ;)

Ok i'm done schooling you, have a good night.

I see you're unable to google a bit and have been blinded by your own need to forget that you overpaid for a product. Happens all the time

Hopefully one day you wake up and realize that whining isnt considered "schooling" . You may also realize that overpaying does give you a higher status.

Also what happened to the resolution never going above 1920x? My screenshot is photoshopped?

Gotta love those hipsters with 4500$ computers that are worth 800$

Edited by bearpolar