Teaching In Amnat Province

amnat

I have searched through various sites such as Ajarn.com and I have also Googled a search but there seems to be no vacancies coming up for the province of Amnat Charoen. Difficult to even find a list of schools in that province.

Does anyone have any leads which may be worth following up?

Is it practical to just turn up and hope for the best? Personally I don't want to work in the Bangkok area and I would have thought that up-country (and in remote areas) they would be crying out for native English speakers with qualifications.

I do not mind if the salary is lower being out in the sticks and I already have somewhere where I can stay. If it is easy to get work out that far then all well and good, but if not then I need to do some forward planning.

However where do I start looking for this type of work? For example is there a list of names and addresses for Schools? Or a main contact who I can go to for vacancies or help? Any list or web site would need to be in English as I cannot read Thai.

A

Of course, it depends upon your qualifications. See the very long topic that's pinned at the top of this Teaching forum, "Questions about Qualifications."

The further you get out into the rural countryside, the better chance they can only pay you 20K per month, or even less. But if they are desperate, who knows what they'll pay.