Just cracked a small piece of my front tooth

Phatbeets

It happened during my sleep - must have been a nightmare haha

Its not a big tragedy but I guess it piss me off just enough to start this thread.

I'll be visiting bkk in March and always stay near Pha Artid Pier.

Any dentist suggestion in that area or somewhere else?

Any similar experience? I just read in the interweb that the ceramic that dentist usually use doesn't hold very long.

Any cost estimations?

Tia

Sorry, i would have a nice suggestion, but in Pattaya.

Last week, a part of a molar tooth broken away. The dentist was able to re-build it after he removed two tooth fillings. It took 90 minutes and did cost 2300 Baht at the Bangkok Hospital. In any way, you shouldn't wait too long, even if it don't hurt.

If it is a front tooth... You are correct.... The filling will snap off. I have tried many times and all break within a month. You can either file the tooth down, or get a cap/crown. Caps and crowns are not super cheap though....... Don't know exactly what the current price is now.... Been a few years.

Similar thing happened to me years ago,I chipped a corner off my front tooth,the wife said I could have it capped-I did not know what capping was until I sat in the dentists chair and by then it was too late (this was back in the UK) something I have regretted for many years until I came over here and had a lot of work done due to wear and tear,12 crowns and an implant,work well done and cheap compared with the UK.

My personal advice is if it is only a small chip ignore it,if you do have a veneer/cap fitted it will be fine initially but after a couple of years you will find your other teeth yellowing and your repair staying white,it will be obvious that it is false and stick out like a sore thumb.

Think twice wink.png

^ yeah a veneer/cap seems not be a good option - I would rather ignore it I guess.

While browsing I saw something about "teeth bonding" saying most dentists wouldn't do it nomo cause its too much work

for not enough revenue but this got me intrigued. I'm not a dentist though.

Maybe I'll ask my friends for the tel # of their dentist in bkk and ask if they eventually do that.

About 18 years ago I broke off a part of a side tooth when biting into a particularly crusty piece of toast.

My European dentist (who was very experienced and very competent) repaired it with composite and warned me that it would not last long.

The repair is still fine. So I would say the ability of the dentist probably counts for quite a lot also.

A commonly recommended place is Dental Hospital Bangkok on Suk Soi 42. I haven't been there personally. Don't go to Bumrungrad, as I did. I was charged 15,000 for a root canal.

+1 but it is on Soi 49, not 42

Price will depend on what you have done - veneer or crown

Almost a third of my canine tooth cracked while biting on a chunk of meat from my t-bone steak. It may not be the same as with a front tooth like yours, but anyways, i went to a bkk dentist when it started to get sensitive. She treated my tooth with an "inlay" filling and up to now my tooth is still in good condition. I'm not sure if they treat front teeth with the same approach, but i suppose you can check out their website for an online consultation (it's free actually). What i did is that i sent my x-ray prior to travelling to bkk so i have a heads up on my schedules and ofcourse, the cost (they provided me with a free quote and treatment plan as well). The clinic is bangkok smile and it's located in sukhumvit 21 or asoke, but i believe they have a couple of branches around the city.

If it is a front tooth... You are correct.... The filling will snap off. I have tried many times and all break within a month. You can either file the tooth down, or get a cap/crown. Caps and crowns are not super cheap though....... Don't know exactly what the current price is now.... Been a few years.

Same experience. I had a chipped front tooth filled three times. Came off each time. I ended up just having it smoothed a little bit and it doesn't bother me at all.

No big deal trying it anyway though, no harm done, and they may have better techniques and filler now.

Don't remember prices, and not all were in LOS, but I do remember it was cheap.

These small dental injuries to the incisor(s) are very difficult to restore because the dentist will not, (without causing more damage) be able to form an adequate key in the tooth to retain a filling.

Unless the damage involves the pulp or is cosmetically unacceptable the damage is probably best just accepted.

Archived