salary for many years here, what proof do I need in my home country

I have been working for a Thai company for many years, and managed to do some savings, planning to maybe go back to my home country soon. I have done everything by the book here, paid taxes etc,

What documents and proof do I need in the future, when I transfer the money from my Thai bank to my home country's bank?

This question is country specific. Where are you from ? Or, are you asking what the limits are for sending money out of Thailand ?

Thanks, I assume there must be some general guide lines, what kind of documents are usually expected.

Yes, that would also be interesting to know if there are any limits.

To transfer the money banks will want to see proof of your earnings. That may vary according to how you're paid, type of work etc

Common ones it's always a good idea to keep for the future - not just for bank transfers for use in Thailand but potentially for your country tax records if applicable, copies of:

- your work permit - including when cancelled

- any tax return confirmations from the Revenue department

- "50 Tawee" which is basically a summary of your income for the year and tax deducted, which your employer should provide you with annually. Failing that individual salary slips

Those should get you thru what most banks need for their transfers. After that keep any docs you get as you would do back home related to tax.

To transfer the money banks will want to see proof of your earnings. That may vary according to how you're paid, type of work etc

Common ones it's always a good idea to keep for the future - not just for bank transfers for use in Thailand but potentially for your country tax records if applicable, copies of:

- your work permit - including when cancelled

- any tax return confirmations from the Revenue department

- "50 Tawee" which is basically a summary of your income for the year and tax deducted, which your employer should provide you with annually. Failing that individual salary slips

Those should get you thru what most banks need for their transfers. After that keep any docs you get as you would do back home related to tax.

Great, makes a lot of sense! Thanks a lot!