Sigma 150-500mm lens cleaning

Can anyone help by recommending someone to remove fungus from inside my Sigma lens. Found an oldish post with some links but would like something current.

Since I live in Phetchabun would prefer to use mail to send for service. English speakers a bonus.

And yes I will be buying a drying cabinet too!!

AVcamera

Many thanks. In the meantime I have been in touch with Shriro Marketing who say they can do job 2-3000 Baht quoted with 2 week turnaround. Send EMS to Bangkok.

Two week turn around would be good, thumbsup.gif It took nearly 6 months when I sent mine, via Big Camera under warranty ....(not for mold ....but still whatever the reason, that is too long !) bah.gif

A tip to help prevent fungus growing other than avoiding humidity is to take your lense, remove UV filter and give the internals a good exposure to sunlight apparently it kills the spores.

You could also put it under a uvc light for small periods of time, I'm not sure if that degrades coatings or not.

Thats what I heard anyway, just thought id pass it on.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. Lens back nice and clean, took just over 2 weeks at Shriro Marketing Thailand, in Bangkok. EMS post both ways, cost 2650 Baht (2500 + EMS postage for retrn). I now have a dry cabinet too so hopefully no more nasty white growth in lens.

If you have a problem with fungus in a Sigma lens(not sure if company service all lens) I am happy to supply contact details of company by PM.

Archived