Tallest building in CM

baywatch82

nd a crap place to live, unless you work at Central Fes....

Yes, it's a carbuncle for sure, a blot and an eyesore.

Why is it different if you work at central festival? Are the rooms bigger is the plumbing gold if you work there? Did they do proper construction on your unit?

Travelling to work would be easy if you lived in that tower block and worked in Central Festival shopping center , there are within walking distance of each other

Wont affect the accommodations in the least. Crap is crap no matter where you live or work.

I think that he meant that the convenience of walking to work outweights the unpleasant looking building .

Sorry for asking, but are we having an ironic/sarcastic exchange, or are we being serious ?

I was being tongue in cheek to an ironic/sarcastic statement that made as much sense as I did answering it with the obvious.

so!! going back to the question, how many stories will that be?

Must be 30 storeys. There's retail spaces on ground level, 4 or 5 levels of parking above and around 25 floors of condo units on top

Could well be a 1000 units in total.

Way too big for Chiang Mai, doesn't go well with the rest.

And all units sold out ? Hard to believe, as CM Business Park, just across the S Highway, has plenty of unsold ones.

Must be 30 storeys. There's retail spaces on ground level, 4 or 5 levels of parking above and around 25 floors of condo units on top

And all units sold out ? Hard to believe, as CM Business Park, just across the S Highway, has plenty of unsold ones.

With that many units, maybe they were affordable.

Just like when the luxury development SR Land Condo was new, and a brilliant investment.

Could easily become a case of 'all sold, most of them empty.'.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

With that many units, maybe they were affordable.

Just like when the luxury development SR Land Condo was new, and a brilliant investment.

Could easily become a case of 'all sold, most of them empty.'.

As I mentioned earlier the specs are 32 stories, 741 units though there main page shows 734 units plus 4 shop units. Salapi Project Details

Thirty-something for sure.

Also it covers a much bigger space than a typical condominium so it's truly huge. Flora Condominium is 22 floors I think, but much narrower.

So you're looking at something crazy like 700+ units..?

wink.png

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thirty-something for sure.

Also it covers a much bigger space than a typical condominium so it's truly huge. Flora Condominium is 22 floors I think, but much narrower.

So you're looking at something crazy like 700+ units..?

wink.png

It's Floral Condo, not Flora, that's margarine. biggrin.png

Floral is 26 floors.

Each floor is two units at 150 square metres and three units at 100 square metres.

>>And all units sold out ? Hard to believe, as CM Business Park, just across the S Highway, has plenty of unsold ones.<< Hard to believe is right .Take with a grain of salt .It really looks hideous .

They sell a few floors then say its sold out .A few weeks /months later they release another few floors ,so it was not in fact sold out .

>>The sales started several years ago with a clever sales team that would sell out several floors at a time. Then wait several weeks before releasing several more floors.

Every time there was a new release of units there would be long ques of cars up the road trying to get to the sales rooms. Since this project I have not seen such a successful sales approach. This would be followed swiftly afterwards with “sold out” signs.

Then all of a sudden the doubt started and the rumors began.

Now it is time to see the building progress there is still a long way to go before its completion. Once complete the Supalai will be officially the tallest building in Chiang Mai. 5 floors higher than Floral Condo.

Currently there are few that do not feel that Chiang Mai has a glut of new units on the market and many are wondering if there will be enough demand on the rental front for many of the 700 plus units that will hit the market once complete, let alone the grand total of 1400 units once SUpalai Monte 2 is completed!<<

Edited by anto

"The bubble is about to burst"

That's all I got from that thread...

Exactly, you'll notice that several years later it still hasn't!

You'll also notice that despite the various comments about bubbles, not being a good investment and not being able to make money from condo's in Chiang Mai, those units did sell out quickly, many did subsequently change hands several times and it's not impossible to buy one, yet the building is still less than half finished. That bubble is still waiting to pop, but it hasn't!

Guilty. I thought there was a bubble, but CM like Canada, Oz and others still sees properties going up. For those with the nerve a lot of money was made.

>>You'll also notice that despite the various comments about bubbles, not being a good investment and not being able to make money from condo's in Chiang Mai, those units did sell out quickly, many did subsequently change hands several times and it's not impossible to buy one, yet the building is still less than half finished. <<

As i said its far from sold out .They release a few floors at a time then say its sold out .Later they release another few floors .It seems like a CON to me .

As i said its far from sold out .They release a few floors at a time then say its sold out .Later they release another few floors .It seems like a CON to me .

That could be the way that they are financing it .

Sell the Condos as they build them .

Pay as you go up

It's quite simply a monstrosity! Tall buildings don't have to be that ugly or that unsuitable for the surrounding environment, even although that sector isn't exactly attractive....

By far the ugliest spot in Chiang mai already; Festival ensured that.

Kind of sad (about Festival) because the Pattaya one looks rather nice.

Anyway it doesn't matter anymore now; let's see how it goes. It's even on the wrong side of the highway, so walking or cycling into town is even a major challenge: residents will be joining the gridlock at that intersection, and there will be 700+ of them! :D

Could it be that the powers that be are trying to turn Superhighway into some sort of Sheik Zayed Road in Dubia? So highway thru the middle and feeder roads with adjoining skyscrapers?

140.jpg

Yes, I'm sure that was exactly the thought process, what with the Thais being masters of urban planning and such.

!

I wondered about that artists impression that was posted, which already seemd wrong. So then I went to check on site where the location is also indicated as across from Festival on the 'outside'..

WTAF.. Makes you wonder what else is wrong about their brochures and documentation..

Anyway, less issue getting into town then.;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

far from inner city. Not in foot going distance. You need a car. If it comes with big pools, park, parking underground....maybe ok, but there are a lot others. Look into Hillside (with pool..is it No 2?). Prices are going down. At the moment the property market is unpredictable. Best to wait ...

About the large (double?) condo going up at the beginning of the Hang Dong Rd whose name has four letters. Other side from Airport Plaza.

I'm told a hotshot company has sold out the entire foreign quota in China.

Sometimes things are not as they seem.

Right now we think the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

In fact we are in the most peaceful period ever......by a considerable margin.

Could we be similarly chilled by these740 new mini condos (presume this building is the standard new 30-32sqm aimed at the Thai market to the extent many don't even have English language anywhere on their advertising)) whereas in fact they're a demographic necessity?

ps isn't the one next to Hinlay Restaurant called Floraville Condo?

Edited by cheeryble

• 1 year later...

What's the latest on this project guys? I drive past Building 1 quite often and the building seems empty. At night I hardly see any lights? 

Have people moved in or are they still finishing off construction.

Any input greatly appreciated!

On 2/29/2016 at 0:02 AM, luke000 said:

Travelling to work would be easy if you lived in that tower block and worked in Central Festival shopping center , there are within walking distance of each other

Could one actually walk to Central Festival without getting killed on the Highway or taking a long detour?