British man found dead inside his East Pattaya Home

webfact

British man found dead inside his East Pattaya Home

brit-3.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday afternoon the body of a British National was recovered from a house in East Pattaya.

Officials were alerted to a problem by concerned neighbors who reported a foul odor coming from the house and the disappearance of the house occupant.

Inside the house, located in Soi Tangluan, Police found the body of Mr. Peter Crossland aged 62, originally from Liverpool in England.

It appeared he had collapsed behind the front entrance to the house and it is thought he had been dead for some days.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221814/british-man-found-dead-inside-his-east-pattaya-home/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-02-29

Without seeing a facial of this guy,i cant be sure.But the name is very familiar.We used to have a guy come in the bar that we had in that area,we used to call him 'scouse Pete' he had a wickedly dry sense of humour.The age sounds about right too.I lost contact with him when i moved North.

If its you Pete. RIP mate.

I wonder if when I die at home of natural causes Pattaya One will come around and trample through my house, take a photo of my corpse and report it as news for my grieving relatives to see?

And if you're really "lucky" you might even make it onto Pattaya TV news! Horrible Thai media.

RIP but this is happening again and again, it's really disturbing.

Do foreigners come to Thailand to die, like how some species of whales wash up on specific shores?

I have googled your question and apparently foreigners can die in any country, infact some have been known to die in their country of birth.

Without seeing a facial of this guy,i cant be sure.But the name is very familiar.We used to have a guy come in the bar that we had in that area,we used to call him 'scouse Pete' he had a wickedly dry sense of humour.The age sounds about right too.I lost contact with him when i moved North.

If its you Pete. RIP mate.

There is a very clear passport photo of him in the link attached to the OP.

Only 62, not even old enough to qualify for his pension.

Having seen too many of my colleagues succumb before retirement, I decided that I could afford to live comfortably and retire at 55.

There is much more to life than just working till you drop.

I wonder if when I die at home of natural causes Pattaya One will come around and trample through my house, take a photo of my corpse and report it as news for my grieving relatives to see?

It acts as an incentive to wear a clean pair of underpants every day. And although your passing will be from natural causes, the forums will be ablaze with alternative theories ...

But on a serious note, there is an appalling lack of respect for the dead in Thailand. Perhaps the attitude to death is connected to the culture or religion?

Nevertheless, RIP Mr.

Well I am pretty sure I will not die alone,so thats some comfort,

dieing alone and only been found by your odour is very sad.

R.I.P

regards Worgeordie

I will be the opposite, I'm sure to die alone in my room as I don't like to see or talk to anyone ...burp.gif

The other side of the coin. If friends that he met while here, but didn't know where he lived, could see a picture of him, then they could pay respect to him too. Show his passport pic. I give permission to do that when I die. They may be the only friends I have.

i just saw the pp picture on the link.Its not that clear,but my eyes aint what they used to be.This guy has a beard.And his face is thinner.I would hope its not him.Mind you,i haven't seen him for 6 months or so.I called a couple of bar owners that i know there and they weren't too sure,they dont post on TV,however,they said they would call me if they found out. We are going down to Pattaya in the next week or two for 3/4 days.i will find out more then.I do hope its not him.

en't

i just saw the pp picture on the link.Its not that clear,but my eyes aint what they used to be.This guy has a beard.And his face is thinner.I would hope its not him.Mind you,i haven't seen him for 6 months or so.I called a couple of bar owners that i know there and they weren't too sure,they dont post on TV,however,they said they would call me if they found out. We are going down to Pattaya in the next week or two for 3/4 days.i will find out more then.I do hope its not him.

Maybe you didn't notice the passport also showed his place of birth as LIVERPOOL. Sadly, it sounds like the deceased is probably the person you have been talking about.

It acts as an incentive to wear a clean pair of underpants every day. And although your passing will be from natural causes, the forums will be ablaze with alternative theories ...

But on a serious note, there is an appalling lack of respect for the dead in Thailand. Perhaps the attitude to death is connected to the culture or religion?

Nevertheless, RIP Mr.

I know what you mean, but turning it on its head, perhaps some wonder why we Westerners try so hard to hide from the realities of death?

RIP but this is happening again and again, it's really disturbing.

Do foreigners come to Thailand to die, like how some species of whales wash up on specific shores?

Indeed people are dying again and again - it seems immortality is a thing of the past.

I came to Thailand with the anticipation that I would never die - silly me!

Edited by Shadychris

Only 62, not even old enough to qualify for his pension.

Having seen too many of my colleagues succumb before retirement, I decided that I could afford to live comfortably and retire at 55.

There is much more to life than just working till you drop.

I could not agree with you more jacko. I retired at 57.5 years old on a slightly reduced final years salary based pension (and made sure my final year was a well paid one). Now I am 70 and for 5 years now have my UK state pension too. I have absolutely no capital, just my Thai house (in a company name with my Thai wife as equal shareholder. so all legal with no more nominee shareholders) and my car, motorbike and household/personal possessions. I live from pension pay day to pension pay day each month and have enough to qualify for my Thai retirement visa.

I NEVER regretted retiring a few years early with a reduced work pension. I loved my job but I love retirement far more now being able to do exactly what I want when I want within the accepted limitations of my financial ability, but the freedom more than makes up for that. My only regret is that I did not retire at 50 as I always had planned, but I could not remotely afford it then and especially after two UK divorces (the second wife was and still is an honest decent human being and did not stitch me up like so many greedy selfish women do to their poor ex spouses and as my first wife tried to and partly got away with it !!) .

I never have nor never will chase money and have to pay for it with being a prisoner to the greed and avarice until you are too late to enjoy your much earned retirement to the full. You did the right thing Jacko and a lesson many folk need to learn. However you do need plenty of rewarding and satisfying hobbies of which I already have too many to fit all in with the awake hours in my life. I am overall short of money for all the things I would like but really do not need, but I would not swap that for what I now have which makes me very happy overall.

Another statistic I saw somewhere is that generally the earlier you retire then the longer you live, fol who wait till 65 to retire on average do not live to see 70 but those retiring at 50 generally live well into their 80s, well that is the statistics for most western countries I understand.

RIP to that guy and very sad indeed to die so young and alone like that though at least he probably did not know much about it and passed away very quickly, at least let us hope that was the case. My sympathies go to his family and friends.

Yes agree with many comments here that the Thai press are totally disgusting with their thoughtless reporting and bad taste photographs and yet in Thailand they censor out beautiful things like kissing on the TV, and also real to life items are not shown uncensored like guns and cigarettes (neither of which I like or would have myself) which are facts of life and not in bad taste of course like those horrid dismembered bodies accident photos and similar.