Just a friendly warning

This is just a friendly warning to those who are running a business in Thailand....especially such as a restaurant, a hotel. or such a business in their wives names....and have themselves hired as "employees" by their wives or girlfriends to stay in Thailand with a work permit from their Thai wives business.

If that is you, be very careful hat everything is legal and in order.

I merely say this as I am told this will be the next "matter of concern" for Thai authorities to look at closely.

May be nothing.....but this is just a word to the wise.

• Like 1

Damn!

Where does Thailand get off expecting foreigners to follow the rules and laws?

Haven't the learned that we are better than them and don't need to follow their silly rules?giggle.gif

Yes, it is not the Thai themselves that are in the picture. It's the foreigners that do all the bad things.

My advice to Thai government could be: Put all that effort and money in Thai education. Teach them how NOT to make an accident or not to cheat.

Oh, maybe also to have them abide by some simple laws which really won't hurt their individualism. After that... come and get me.

Immigration, Labour depratment, police, Army, tax office, DBD...which authority?

I believe it is under the Foreign Business Act.

They are just closing loopholes that certain foreigners have used to operate businesses that were excluded from foreign ownership. If you are using your money and having a Thai National pretend they are a majority owner which control - while you are actually retaining control.... the Thai national could be prosecuted under existing laws. It will of course be up to the courts to have the final say.

They are just enforcing existing law more strictly.