90-Day Reporting Promenada Chiang Mai

So I'm 1-day over my 90-day reporting still within my 7-day grace period and cannot send in by EMS registered mail now as you need to do that before you are over your stamped date.

When you report at Promenada do you have to do the very early queuing or can you go in later in the day ? Is 90-day reporting faster and easier than other processes at Promenada ?

I'm reading it is a bit of a queuing nightmare over there and have not do a 90-day there yet.

The immigration dept. had a chance to revamp and really improve the system when it changed locations. However it didn't and it is still a nightmare just to complete the 90 day reporting. The second time I used Promenada site I was there for 8 hours.

I also just went for my visa extension and just in case I thought I would go early. 4:30 AM should do right? Wrong I was number 25 in the line. Finished at 11:30 AM. That's seven hours just to complete an extension.

But, Thailand didn't ask me to move here. It was a voluntary act on my behalf. So, who am I to complain.

The immigration dept. had a chance to revamp and really improve the system when it changed locations. However it didn't and it is still a nightmare just to complete the 90 day reporting. The second time I used Promenada site I was there for 8 hours.

I also just went for my visa extension and just in case I thought I would go early. 4:30 AM should do right? Wrong I was number 25 in the line. Finished at 11:30 AM. That's seven hours just to complete an extension.

But, Thailand didn't ask me to move here. It was a voluntary act on my behalf. So, who am I to complain.

I like your attitude, however if these threads about CM immigration are to be believed there would appear to be a serious problem .

What collective action (apart from complaining here ) are people taking ?

Complaints/petitions to the CM Governor ? Embassies? Thai Ministers ? Immigration Chief ?

Perhaps the expats of CM are a pathetic supine lot who believe change will occur if they do nothing and continue to bleat on TV smile.png

Edited by sunnyjim5

Assayer writes:

"The immigration dept. had a chance to revamp and really improve the system when it changed locations. However it didn't and it is still a nightmare just to complete the 90 day reporting. The second time I used Promenada site I was there for 8 hours.

But, Thailand didn't ask me to move here. It was a voluntary act on my behalf. So, who am I to complain."

It also seems your "voluntary act" is really you making life difficult for yourself; spending 7-8 hours of your life to queue up for some very simple procedure. In Pattaya: visa extension recently took me less than 3 minutes; getting re-entry permit was less than 10 minutes and 90 day done on line.

Why don't you do a mail in /or/on line for the 90 day or get someone to go to immigration and do it for you. As to the extension then use an agent.....there must be easier ways....if people use their brains.....dear oh dear.....

Edited by R123

I like your attitude, however if these threads about CM immigration are to be believed there would appear to be a serious problem .

What collective action (apart from complaining here ) are people taking ?

Complaints/petitions to the CM Governor ? Embassies? Thai Ministers ? Immigration Chief ?

Perhaps the expats of CM are a pathetic supine lot who believe change will occur if they do nothing and continue to bleat on TV smile.png

You could try reading the related threads in the Chiangmai forum and then you will what has been happening but probably easier to make a judgement call without looking at the facts? 1507625.GIF

Since the member has found his way to the appropriate CM topic will close this one.

And clear that some members are not familiar with the CM immigration issues and the effort by many to try and produce change including contacting immigration, embassies/consulates, etc.

//Closed//