Oops more documents required Immigration Laksi

UK Citizen I went to Immigration Laksi today I thought i had all the documents required for the 60 day Visa extension for the non O extension based on Marriage.

TM7 Form

The Original marriage Certificate with copies

Passport Photo

The House book copy

copy passport pages

Wife's ID card

Rental contract receipts.

First Immigration officer explained as i had made a 30 day Visa Exempt stamp recently across land border which expires out 2 March 2016

So the Original 3 month single entry visa Non O visa in my Passport(from Nov 2015) is stamped USED on the 2 Feb 2016 she explained it is expired and i now have to leave Thailand .

So i explained these remarks to a Immigration Manager who said i could get the 30 day extension with some of the documents i produced

But to get the 60 day visa my wife must go to the Bangkok local Registry office to get a signed original copy of the House Book .

as the house book copies i have are not acceptable. So i will have to return to Immigration tomorrow as she didn't agree with the other officers advice given to me.

POMCHOB

PS, i was advised on theThaivisa forum that i would not have any problems with extending the 3 months single entry Non O i entered Thailand on,

And it was also possible to do a 30 day Exempt Stamp before extending the Non O which admitted me until 7 feb 2016 and i could do it either way round it was explained on the forum.

Edited by POMCHOB

Did your wife accompany you to the immigration office ?

Hi sunnyjim

Yes she was present with both explanations with both officers.

Hi

Why important?

Yes the wife is important especially if applying for a 60 day extension to visit her !smile.png

Seriously I think your problem is associated with this

" PS, i was advised on theThaivisa forum that i would not have any problems with extending the 3 months single entry Non O i entered Thailand on,

And it was also possible to do a 30 day Exempt Stamp before extending the Non O which admitted me until 7 feb 2016 and i could do it either way round it was explained on the forum."
It would seem there has been some misunderstanding. If you left the country whilst on the entry gained from the "O" visa without a re-entry permit that entry became void when you left. and could not, therefore, subsequently be extended
When you returned you were given a visa exempt entry? Providing that visa exempt entry has not been extended you should be able to have (with the correct paperwork and your wife! ) a 60 day extension.
I can offer no explanation about the Tabian Baan saga -----
  • Like 1

Did your wife accompany you to the immigration office ?

Hi sunnyjim

Yes she was present with both explanations with both officers.

Hi

Why important?

Yes the wife is important especially if applying for a 60 day extension to visit her !smile.png

Seriously I think your problem is associated with this

" PS, i was advised on theThaivisa forum that i would not have any problems with extending the 3 months single entry Non O i entered Thailand on,

And it was also possible to do a 30 day Exempt Stamp before extending the Non O which admitted me until 7 feb 2016 and i could do it either way round it was explained on the forum."
It would seem there has been some misunderstanding. If you left the country whilst on the entry gained from the "O" visa without a re-entry permit that entry became void when you left. and could not, therefore, subsequently be extended
When you returned you were given a visa exempt entry? Providing that visa exempt entry has not been extended you should be able to have (with the correct paperwork and your wife! ) a 60 day extension.
I can offer no explanation about the Tabian Baan saga -----

Hi sunnyjim thanks for your explanation

It appears i some how i came to the conclusion that leaving the country on the Non Expired Visa and then simply extending it before it expired in Thailand was possible and returning without originally getting an Exit Permit

was the way to go ,as i was advised it would be a waste of money if i only have 30 days left out of 90 days but like you say that voids the Non O without an exit permit.i forgot about the entry permit to be honest.

It was explained i could apply either way round extending the NON o at local immigration or 30 day Visa Exempt it really it doesn't matter now

anyway as its been explaned any 30day exempt stamp can be extended...... oh well with all the documents there's a lot to remember.

Thanks for your time on replying

POMCHOB

Edited by POMCHOB