how to calculate social security

As mentioned the 750 is your SS payment usually matched equally by the company. If that is all that is being deducted from 35,000/month then you will have a large tax bill when filing. Here are two places to look at. The first is the revenue department and detailing personal taxes and the 2nd is an online tax calculator.

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

https://www.tiscoasset.com/en/asset/html/tax-calculator.jsp

Is it not true farang salaries must be 50000 or more?

For a work permit. No salary needed.

Not quite following you so researched it elsewhere. I thought it was 50000 cuz I am from the US. OP must not be.

Minimum wages for foreigners in Thailand:

• 50,000 Baht/month: Western European Countries, Australia, Canada, Japan, and USA
  • 45,000 Baht/month: South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong
  • 35,000 Baht/month: Eastern European Countries, Asian Countries, South American Countries, Central American Countries, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa
  • 25,000 Baht/month: African Countries, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam

Not quite following you so researched it elsewhere. I thought it was 50000 cuz I am from the US. OP must not be.

• 50,000 Baht/month: Western European Countries, Australia, Canada, Japan, and USA
  • 35,000 Baht/month: Eastern European Countries, Asian Countries, South American Countries, Central American Countries, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa

There are exemptions in place, notably Teachers and Journalists if my memory is correct.

The min salary is required for the visa extension, not for the work permit.

So you are telling me that all the 500,000 + Burmese and making 25,000 bt/month ???

The min salary is required for the visa extension, not for the work permit.

So if I have a work permit with 30,000 THB salary I cannot get "visa extension"? What visa would I need with work permit.

So if I have a work permit with 30,000 THB salary I cannot get "visa extension"? What visa would I need with work permit.

1-Extension is dependent on salary and home country (according to previous posted claims)

2-Non B

Edited by ThaiWai

Wrong I was a teacher for 3 years with 37,000 per month. Each year out of the 9,000 roughly paid in out I receive about 4500 back as a refund check.

There is an exemption for teachers so you don't really have a dog in this fight.

Edited by ThaiWai

So you are telling me that all the 500,000 + Burmese and making 25,000 bt/month ???

Yes, if they want to get a 1 year extension based on a non immigrant B visa...

However they more than likely use the Non-LA or other similar migrant worker scheme that exist specially for manual workers from neighbouring countries.

1-Extension is dependent on salary and home country (according to previous posted claims)

2-Non B

You can also have a work permit based on a Non immigrant O visa/extension of stay for the purpose of marriage.