Back to Back tourist visas and extensions

Hi

Iam a british national and entered Thailand late December, i then did a 30 day extension at Jomtien immigration with no issues. (after a 4 day overstay of this due to reasons not worth discussing i paid my dues and left by air) I then flew to KL and did a overnight stay, return and received a further 30 days tourist. My question is can i extend this again? (unsure i will be stopping due to awaiting work) what are my options if i need stay even longer still? say 6 months?

You have gotten 30 day visa exempt entries not tourist visas. You can get an extension of your current entry.

If you plan on staying longer it would be best to get a single entry tourist visa from a nearby embassy or consulate that would allow a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

• Like 2

• Any visa exempt entry or entry with a tourist visa can be extended, once, per entry.

As said, you should get a tourist visa (SETV) next time, and should have no problem getting a second SETV if needed.

You have gotten 30 day visa exempt entries not tourist visas. You can get an extension of your current entry.

If you plan on staying loner it would be best to get a single entry tourist visa from a nearby embassy or consulate that would allow a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

Joe, you made me laugh, thanks. I hope he isn't a loner.........facepalm.gif

P.S. Already forwarded to the TVF grammar cops.

Edited by lostinisaan

Thank you

What is required for a tourist visa?i did a trip some years ago to Laos with a visa company and got a double entry. is it the same procedure but single entry? how many times can i do this?

If you plan on staying loner it would be best to get a single entry tourist visa from a nearby embassy or consulate that would allow a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

Joe, you made me laugh, thanks. I hope he isn't a loner.........facepalm.gif

P.S. Already forwarded to the TVF grammar cops.

Just a minor typo that my tiered eyes missed and it was not spelling error for spellcheck to catch. It is fixed now.

Thank you

What is required for a tourist visa?i did a trip some years ago to Laos with a visa company and got a double entry. is it the same procedure but single entry? how many times can i do this?

• If applying in Laos you just need your passport, 2 x photos, copy of your passport and 1,000 baht.
  • I doubt you would get mare than 2/3 from the same embassy/consulate.

Thank you

Just your passport and an application form is all that is needed.

Only single entry tourist visa are issued anywhere now since the new multiple entry tourist visa came into effect (not available anywhere nearby).

You could get at least 2 of them in Vientiane back to back.