Eye Glasses.

Gonsalviz

I just got a new set of glasses for 4800 Baht. Flexi Titanium frame bifocals. They are great.

Last pair I got cost 48,000 Baht at one of the top of the line stores.

Look for small shops. Sabuy Ta is the name. No English so you will need a translator. The selection is not that great but when they only cost 10%, I'll put up with the hassle.

Is this a small shop of a mail order from China service by chance? Google of name only provides what appears to be a mail order system. Have used Zenni optical for online service several times and very happy with results and price has also been around that, or less.

It doesn't sound like online but rather a small "Mom and Pop" optometrist shop which I agree are the best for glasses in Thailand, Unfortunately they are gradually becoming extinct.

Perhaps the Op would be so kind as to tell us the location.

After buying two pairs of progressive transitions (change color), 18,000 for the first and 23,000 for the second, I have founnd that the best solution for me is transitions bifocals with the line at the top of the bifocal. I paid 6,500 for top-of-the-line Hoya lenses which are remarkably clear and bright. The lights at night are beautiful with the non-glare Hoya coating. Tthe bifocal portion is quite wide so reading is easy, not problematic as with the Hoya progressives. As the optical shop points out, I could nearly have bought four pairs of bifocals with the price that I paid for the progressives. I use Infinite Eyewear on the third floor of Central World in Bangkok. The reason that I originally bought progressives is because I didn't know that the old-style bifocals were still available. (Didn't ask either - Duh!) The optical shop that I patronized in Tokyo wouldn't sell bifocals - only progressives. Maybe it's a profit thing. Their profit margin on the progressives much be much bigger.

Is this a small shop of a mail order from China service by chance? Google of name only provides what appears to be a mail order system. Have used Zenni optical for online service several times and very happy with results and price has also been around that, or less.

Not a mail order. It took them 2 days to make the lenses. Frames were on the premises.