World considers a Trump presidency, and many shudder

webfact

So I think it's time to come up with Trump descriptors.

Say on the Daily Show:

the Inconvenient Douche

My suggestion:

Vulgarian in Chief

Please share yours!thumbsup.gif

Comb Over-In-Chief more like.

Don "the wad" Trump. Double Entrendre, double your pleasure, double your fun.

41P3PZ2BXfL.jpg

stock-photo-2196359-wad-of-cash.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trumps not a diplomatic politician by any means, far from it

But he is one of the worlds best negotiators, give him four years to see how that works on the worlds stage, people might be suprised

From the OP

He has no experience of political office.

I read that a lot, but it is a fact that Obama had no real political experience either and those that demonise Trump just looooooove the half black man and what he ( didn't ) achieve in his 7 years. FGS he couldn't even close Guantanamo- what a loser.

Hmmmm.........Probably saved the world's financial system.

Saved the US auto industry (and made a profit for the government doing it).

More people now have affordable health-care and pre-existing conditions noww don't exclude you from getting it.

Helped bring Iran back into the international community.

Has been trying to close Guantanamo, but, stymied by Republican opposition.

Nixon, GWB are deserving of such vitriol, Obama isn't..

Its a weird situation. You have voters who are vocal to their friends about Cruz/Rubio and Anti Trump but at the ballots are voting for Trump in secret.

People know this is a show but they have had enough of the same political landscape.

He just says what everybody else is thinking. Thats the appeal.

From the OP

I read that a lot, but it is a fact that Obama had no real political experience either and those that demonise Trump just looooooove the half black man and what he ( didn't ) achieve in his 7 years. FGS he couldn't even close Guantanamo- what a loser.

More people now have affordable health-care and pre-existing conditions noww don't exclude you from getting it.

I was born during the Eisenhower administration and Nixon doesn't even make the list of three worst presidents in my lifetime.

Lol at the gop establishment farts....theyre now trotting out another loser to attack mr trump.

The Mitt is about to hit the fan.

Romney was a very bad idea. They must be incredibly stupid if they didn't realise that there are records of Romney grovelling to the Donald in 2012. Trump summed it up when he said that if he'd asked Romney to go down on his knees, he'd have done it.

He trashed Rubio as well, with his comeback on the size of his hands thing.

The Trump is the only one that can destroy his chances of winning- it's his unless he stuffs up big time.

Obama is showing just what a jerk he is by getting involved.

Trump summed it up when he said that if he'd asked Romney to go down on his knees, he'd have done it.

Yeah, that wuz a good one from the guy who wants to be Potus.

And for the people who support him.

Never mind delegates. Let's just get Roger Ailes out there with a measuring tape to figure out which of 'em is gonna be the Republican party nominee for the office of Potus. Put the rest of 'em on the short list.

The Republican party is an institution but these guyz need to be institutionalized. So do their supporters.

Let's just say then that which ever among 'em is the nominee --all or any of 'em to include Mitt Romney-- is going down on polling day November 8th.

Republicans have gone insane. The extreme right among 'em driving the madness are crackpots anyway.

The vast moderate electorate of the country which is centrist and encompasses the political and cultrual middle will on November 8th send the Republicans to their newly appointed station in the netherworld.

So I think it's time to come up with Trump descriptors.

Say on the Daily Show:

the Inconvenient Douche

My suggestion:

Vulgarian in Chief

Please share yours!thumbsup.gif

"Short-Fingered Vulgarian" or "Cocktail Frank of the Free World". Gossamer-skinned Trump has had a 'shortness' issue well before the debate.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/10/graydon-carter-donald-trump

From the OP

You forgot to mention that he got Bin Laden the man who inflicted the biggest blow against the USA since Pearl Harbor whereas the previous incumbent not only failed to prevent it but having failed to get the perpetrator in his remaining 7 years announced he wasn't even thinking about him.

I see also that the Department of Energy yes the very one that Perry wanted to abolish has announced they have attained the 'holy grail' of battery storage. Arpa-E was founded in 2009 under Barack Obama’s economic recovery plan to fund early stage research into the generation and storage of energy.

Think what could have been achieved without the obstructionist GOP.

I love the democracy standards of USA !!! They would even entertain such an idiot for president although if they didn't allow it to run ...they would probably be sued

If he gets elected ....it's a shame and shambles to stupidity and how dumb the electoral can get but this is politics at its finest reality hour

CCP are so much better then, behind the Kremlin-like high walls of the CCP offices and residences of Zhong Nan Hai in central Beijing, off Tienenman Square where in 1989 PLA slaughtered democracy demonstrators.

The lunatics and madmen of 21st century China are kept on the QT there for no one to hear or see.

If Trump is nominated he will not be elected Potus. Take that to an American bank. Cause no one knows how many Chinese Trumps there are...uncountable.

I love the democracy standards of USA !!! They would even entertain such an idiot for president although if they didn't allow it to run ...they would probably be sued

If he gets elected ....it's a shame and shambles to stupidity and how dumb the electoral can get but this is politics at its finest reality hour

CCP are so much better then, behind the Kremlin-like high walls of the CCP offices and residences of Zhong Nan Hai in central Beijing, off Tienenman Square where in 1989 PLA slaughtered democracy demonstrators.

The lunatics and madmen of 21st century China are kept on the QT there for no one to hear or see.

If Trump is nominated he will not be elected Potus. Take that to an American bank. Cause no one knows how many Chinese Trumps there are...uncountable.

Compliments of my daughter:

www.loser.com

Don't say I never gave you nothin'.

You have to hand it to American elections, they;re bloody entertaining and go on for a long time like a circus.

No wonder they usually end up with a clown, which having said that is better than the clown running the UK and his opponent!. wink.png

Friends of Americans don't let Americans support Trump. Do an intervention.

Learn from history. Don't let this happen.

Are you inviting non Americans to invade the US and take over the country? I can't imagine any other course of action that would achieve what you want.

The UK government is going to look pretty stupid when Trump is president, as they actually discussed banning him from entering the country. However, I can't imagine them being stupid enough to interfere in the election.

No, Trump is the one who will look stupid if Trump becomes president, but by then it will be too late.

When I lived in the US I saw George W Bush, one of the worst presidents ever, being elected amidst general disbelief.

Trump is as far below Bush as Bush was below Lincoln. It will be dangerous for the entire world if the US elect this emotionally and intellectually stunted caricature of a man as their president. Anything would be better than this.

I agree with all that except your last sentence. It is the "anything would be better than this" kind of thinking that has led to a string of abysmal presidents. Support people with character and good ideas regardless of their electability or ability to easily institute policy. The people will rally round in time.

No more Bushes means no Trump. The far out whingenut right thinks Trump is better than anything we've had or anything else period. The right is wrong again because we didn't elect the nutcase Goldwater nor will be elect Trump, assuming he does steal the Republican party nomination.

The last time the right seized control of the Republican party nomination for Potus was in 1964, when the rightwing Sen. Barry Goldwater of Arizona got wiped out in the November general election. Half the Republican party quit on Goldwater because they could not support his extreme rightwing ideology.

Look for a repeat 52 years later in November because if the radical wildman Trump is the Republican party nominee, the vast and broad centrist middle of the road US electorate will thoroughly reject the megalomaniac. Institutional Republicans know presently, as they knew back then, they must make their last desperate move to prevent the hammer coming down on their beloved party.

It may however prove impossible for the institutional Republicans due to the fact the party has become the home to a substantial and significant number of non-institutionalised whackjob rightwingnuts who think Donald Trump is suited and qualified to be Potus. Last one out please turn off the lights thanks cause the Party's over.

The United States 1964 Presidential Election:

When the votes were cast on November 3, Johnson defeated Goldwater handily, winning by more than 15 million votes and capturing 61 percent of the vote. The electoral vote domination was even greater; Johnson won 44 states and Washington, D.C., for 486 electoral votes, while Goldwater won 6 states accounting for 52 electoral votes. Goldwater did poorly in traditionally Republican areas, but, largely on the basis of Goldwater’s opposition to the civil rights bill and his promotion of states’ rights, he carried Alabama, Georgia,Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina, in addition to his home state of Arizona.

http://www.britannic...lection-of-1964

From Goldwater to Trump: When Parties Fail to Stop Alarming Candidates

In 1964, Republican Party leaders were terrified by the ascent of the conservative Arizona senator Barry Goldwater.The Republican establishment, which then included a major newspaper, the New York Herald Tribune, persuaded the Party’s most prestigious and beloved elder, the former President Dwight D. Eisenhower, to write a column in which he urged his party to nominate someone who shared none of Goldwater’s views.

If Trump is the Republican nominee and Hillary Clinton is chosen by the Democrats, the 2016 election may seem like a distorted, vulgar repetition of 1964: a contest between a Republican who scares and repels people, including Republicans, and a Democrat whom many voters, including Democrats, don’t like or trust, leading to an outcome that may change the electoral map again.

http://www.newyorker...ming-candidates

Few voters or others actually liked or felt any affinity for Lyndon Baines Johnson who, while being an FDR New Deal Democrat, was an unappealing personality and leader. However, Goldwater was so offensive in his statements and ideology that voters did go to the polls in record numbers and gave LBJ his landslide victory.

FDR's New Deal was extended substantially and significantly to LBJ's Great Society. Even Ronald Reagan's election in 1980 could not reverse the two paradigm changes to American society. Now the US is at another point of departure in policy in which the new Potus will reinforce and extend the Obama presidency and its legacy.

From the OP

1. "Hmmmm.........Probably saved the world's financial system."

The recession was declared officially over less than five months after he took office. He had nothing to do with stopping the recession. To his benefit, he is now credited with overseeing the longest unsuccessful recovery in the history of the US.

2. "Saved the US auto industry (and made a profit for the government doing it)."

The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008(later known as TARP) was signed into law By George W. Bush. Obama had nothing to do with the passage of the legislation except to vote for it as a US Senator. If Obama can't be blamed for anything bad that has happened during the past seven years, he can hardly be credited with anything good, especially when considering he had little to do with it. His administration's attempt to claim he made a profit is also fraught with misinformation. See the Politifact article linked below.

3. "More people now have affordable health-care and pre-existing conditions noww (sic) don't exclude you from getting it."

And the death spiral for the insurance companies has begun. The vast majority of the signee's are now enrolled under Medicaid with many of the major insurers claiming 2016 will be the last year of their participation. Obamacare is an unmitigated disaster.

4. "Helped bring Iran back into the international community."

Iran is hardly part of the international community. Before the "treaty that isn't a treaty" brought them around, they were a pariah country supporting terrorism. Now they are a RICH pariah country supporting terrorism. European businessmen and arms dealers are very pleased with the so called treaty. It has opened up an entire new world for their sales opportunities.

5. "Has been trying to close Guantanamo, but, stymied by Republican opposition."

Wikipedia has this to say about the closure effort:

"On 20 May 2009, the United States Senate passed an amendment to the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2009 (H.R. 2346) by a 90–6 vote to block funds needed for the transfer or release of prisoners held at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp.[15] "

...and...

"On 7 January 2011, President Obama signed the 2011 Defense Authorization Bill, which, in part, placed restrictions on the transfer of Guantanamo prisoners to the mainland or to foreign countries, thus impeding the closure of the facility.[18]"

In summary, Obama is unable to close Guantanamo because of the Democrat controlled Congress in 2009 and his own signing of the 2011 Defense Authorization Bill. His efforts weren't stymied by the republicans...they were stymied by Obama's own party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay_detention_camp

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2010/09/americas_recession

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jan/22/barack-obama/obama-says-automakers-have-paid-back-all-loans-it-/

www.loser.com

One of theze dayze I might click the link.

Might meet someone you know.

In the meantime be kind to your fellow posters. I'm staying in your country btw.

www.loser.com

Don't say nuthin neither to the poster I quoted and replied to, the guy who has absolute contempt of democracy, same as the CCP behind its high walls of Zhong Nan Hai, Beijing's Kremlin.

Trump is unbalanced and out of sorts too, same as the people I'm addressing at the moment.

And I will remain in my country thx.

The Dems ( or maybe the GOP establishment's ) propaganda machine is surely the best in the world, if it has convinced real people of that in the OP. Sadly, most people where I am have been brain washed to believe it.

What propaganda machine? Don't be ridiculous, anyone with half a brain can see for themselves that Trump is loudmouthed, extremely short-tempered, a racist, a bully and a mysogynist to boot.

Given that you can't prove him to be racist or a misogynist you might want to reconsider that. I'm sure there is something in the TV rules about slander.

As for the rest, is that worse than a politician that is a proven liar, and allowed an ambassador to be killed on her watch?

If you don't believe that all political parties use propaganda I have a bridge for sale.

It would be libel I think?

As we know American libel laws are the best money can buy!

No more Bushes means no Trump. The far out whingenut right thinks Trump is better than anything we've had or anything else period. The right is wrong again because we didn't elect the nutcase Goldwater nor will be elect Trump, assuming he does steal the Republican party nomination.

The last time the right seized control of the Republican party nomination for Potus was in 1964, when the rightwing Sen. Barry Goldwater of Arizona got wiped out in the November general election. Half the Republican party quit on Goldwater because they could not support his extreme rightwing ideology.

Look for a repeat 52 years later in November because if the radical wildman Trump is the Republican party nominee, the vast and broad centrist middle of the road US electorate will thoroughly reject the megalomaniac. Institutional Republicans know presently, as they knew back then, they must make their last desperate move to prevent the hammer coming down on their beloved party.

It may however prove impossible for the institutional Republicans due to the fact the party has become the home to a substantial and significant number of non-institutionalised whackjob rightwingnuts who think Donald Trump is suited and qualified to be Potus. Last one out please turn off the lights thanks cause the Party's over.

When the votes were cast on November 3, Johnson defeated Goldwater handily, winning by more than 15 million votes and capturing 61 percent of the vote. The electoral vote domination was even greater; Johnson won 44 states and Washington, D.C., for 486 electoral votes, while Goldwater won 6 states accounting for 52 electoral votes. Goldwater did poorly in traditionally Republican areas, but, largely on the basis of Goldwater’s opposition to the civil rights bill and his promotion of states’ rights, he carried Alabama, Georgia,Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina, in addition to his home state of Arizona.

In 1964, Republican Party leaders were terrified by the ascent of the conservative Arizona senator Barry Goldwater.The Republican establishment, which then included a major newspaper, the New York Herald Tribune, persuaded the Party’s most prestigious and beloved elder, the former President Dwight D. Eisenhower, to write a column in which he urged his party to nominate someone who shared none of Goldwater’s views.

If Trump is the Republican nominee and Hillary Clinton is chosen by the Democrats, the 2016 election may seem like a distorted, vulgar repetition of 1964: a contest between a Republican who scares and repels people, including Republicans, and a Democrat whom many voters, including Democrats, don’t like or trust, leading to an outcome that may change the electoral map again.

Few voters or others actually liked or felt any affinity for Lyndon Baines Johnson who, while being an FDR New Deal Democrat, was an unappealing personality and leader. However, Goldwater was so offensive in his statements and ideology that voters did go to the polls in record numbers and gave LBJ his landslide victory.

FDR's New Deal was extended substantially and significantly to LBJ's Great Society. Even Ronald Reagan's election in 1980 could not reverse the two paradigm changes to American society. Now the US is at another point of departure in policy in which the new Potus will reinforce and extend the Obama presidency and its legacy.

You repeat this a lot Pub but these are different times.

I am not American but I remember Sen. Barry Goldwater and we were dead scared of the implications of someone who wanted to nuke China. I was not even politicized back then and was worried. Ex right wing nut Hillary was a Goldwater girl at the time and supported this guy. But she was in politics already and had no such misgivings. Does not that early support call into question her having access to finger on trigger? Or will you tell me leopards do really change their spots?

You have great idealism and faith in middle America taming it's extremes and thus repeating the past. However from where I sit the people have lost faith in career politicians and that is why Trump appeals (whether I personally like him or hate him is irrelevant). The significance of the biggest financial blowout in the history of the USA might just be instrumental in changing the pattern you repeatedly predict. Not sure if you can tar Trump with the Goldwater brush, (more Ross Perot v.2), from what I can see Trump was dead against the Bush Iraq war on the basis that Saddam killed terrorists. He was right, what a mess in the ME right now. Now should I shudder because of Trump (as the OP suggests), or Hillary who voted in favor of Bush's war?

Tony Blair at Abu Dabi conference says politics have changed. Now I do not like him so much because he mixed religion with politics and supported Bush's war too but he has said he does not recognize the political landscape any more, the world is filling with rising popularity of many political insurgent groups.Meanwhile a war is building too between career politicians and the people.Trump is feared because he is financially independent and so it may not be business as usual.It's not just Trump but any outsider is considered a threat who hasn't sold his soul to the Political Action Committees.

So who else then?

Mitt Mormon Romney? (religion and politics)

Cruz? (religion and politics)

Who won't separate church and state?

Rubio? (another puppet of unelected government?)

Sanders? (Can socialism deal with america's problems, it hasn't in the last 8 years, more helped to create them?)

HRC? (bought and paid for by NY banks and has trust issues?)

Trump? (untested?)

Now Obama (while he is President) has joined Romney is saying Trump will not be President. So if the people want to elect an outsider that career politicians minders and masters do not like and he is prevented from running, then Stalin is right: It isn't the people who decide anything, it's the vote counters who decide everything, so your vote means nothing.

It's not about left or right wingnuttia, it's corruption and money in politics that should be the alarm.

RIP GOP RIP Rep? it's getting more and more insane

Edit:Sp

^Indeed. This whole idea, probably accurate, that the GOP is dead is a dangerous one and one that runs counter to the entire founding principles of the Republic. The founders envisioned that a system of checks and balances would ensure the continuity and integrity of vibrant and long running government.

With the death of the GOP, comes the unchallenged rise of an institutional Democratic party, which also has its own foundations failing. It has failed to provide for the under-represented, the underprivileged, and has instead resulted in large concentrations of wealth and power, just as it has insisted it is fighting against. Hilary Clinton is the perfect institutional trustee to continue this consolidation.

America and the world is better off with the US having a good checks and balance system in place, not just in government, but also in the party system.

America and the world is better off with the US having a good checks and balance system in place, not just in government, but also in the party system.

America is better off w/out the same intrenched Pols running the show. Trump is spot-on shaking up the 'establishment'

Years ago the Band Who penned a song "Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss" Well, if Trump gains Big White, it won't be the same-o, same-o smile.png

America is better off w/out the same intrenched Pols running the show. Trump is spot-on shaking up the 'establishment'

Years ago the Band Who penned a song "Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss" Well, if Trump gains Big White, it won't be the same-o, same-o smile.png

Most of us agree the parties are broken and need a shake-up. I don't see Trump accomplishing this, as he is just one man facing off against a huge, rich, powerful establishment. You want to see obstruction, wait for this polarizing guy to take power.

Most of us agree the parties are broken and need a shake-up. I don't see Trump accomplishing this, as he is just one man facing off against a huge, rich, powerful establishment. You want to see obstruction, wait for this polarizing guy to take power.

Polarizing?

The only 'polarizing' we see him headed to is protecting the US Borders from hoards of illegal aliens and scrapping that trainwreck called Obamacare. All good there no doubt. smile.png

^Indeed. This whole idea, probably accurate, that the GOP is dead is a dangerous one and one that runs counter to the entire founding principles of the Republic. The founders envisioned that a system of checks and balances would ensure the continuity and integrity of vibrant and long running government.

With the death of the GOP, comes the unchallenged rise of an institutional Democratic party, which also has its own foundations failing. It has failed to provide for the under-represented, the underprivileged, and has instead resulted in large concentrations of wealth and power, just as it has insisted it is fighting against. Hilary Clinton is the perfect institutional trustee to continue this consolidation.

All well and good I suppose but let's deal with this election as first things come first.

It's either Clinton or Sanders, almost assuredly Clinton. (Biden is at best and only possibly the very outside extremely remote long shot.)

Or it is Trump or one of the others, most likely Cruz as the alternative with Rubio fading fast and Romney hoping for a miracle. Kasich remains a distinctly remote possibility.

Until this election is decided, we have an election to deal with.

No matter the national Republican party may not remain whole from now through the election. Going into the election the R national party is likely to divide sharply. After losing the general the R party is likely to flat out break up into two parties, one of the traditional center-right moderates and the other of far out whingenuts. The latter won't last long if at all...certainly it would have zero viability nationally, in elections of Potus. Neither would either new party remnant be viable nationally.

So It is possible for the Democratic party for some brief period to experience the "unchallenged rise of an institutional iDemocratic party." Yes, the D party is an institutional national political party. The national Democratic party is in fact older (by 20 years) than the R party and it is holding together with a much greater viability than the R party is able to devise or manage.

Of course corporate America is running out of control and it has far too great a command of each party. Each party has facilitated this in creating PACs and in other nefarious funding schemes to guarantee a nauseating incumbency, checks and balances notwithstanding.

The consequence is that each party in this electoral cycle is experiencing a 'grass roots' rebellion. Because institutions provide societal stability despite the ruckus that occurs within them, I'll go with the reform of the D party inherent and inevitable in the Sanders movement over the wild nativist and culturally racial, nationalist madness fundamental to the Trump lunacy.

The alternative is to Make America Grate Again.

All well and good I suppose but let's deal with this election as first things come first.

It's either Clinton or Sanders, almost assuredly Clinton. (Biden is at best and only possibly the very outside extremely remote long shot.)

Or it is Trump or one of the others, most likely Cruz as the alternative with Rubio fading fast and Romney hoping for a miracle. Kasich remains a distinctly remote possibility.

No matter the national Republican party may not remain whole from now through the election. Going into the election the R national party is likely to divide sharply. After losing the general the R party is likely to flat out break up into two parties, one of the traditional center-right moderates and the other of far out whingenuts. The latter won't last long if at all...certainly it would have zero viability nationally, in elections of Potus. Neither would either new party remnant be viable nationally.

So It is possible for the Democratic party for some brief period to experience the "unchallenged rise of an institutional iDemocratic party." Yes, the D party is an institutional national political party. The national Democratic party is in fact older (by 20 years) than the R party and it is holding together with a much greater viability than the R party is able to devise or manage.

Of course corporate America is running out of control and it has far too great a command of each party. Each party has facilitated this in creating PACs and in other nefarious funding schemes to guarantee a nauseating incumbency, checks and balances notwithstanding.

The consequence is that each party in this electoral cycle is experiencing a 'grass roots' rebellion. Because institutions provide societal stability despite the ruckus that occurs within them, I'll go with the reform of the D party inherent and inevitable in the Sanders movement over the wild nativist and culturally racial, nationalist madness fundamental to the Trump lunacy.

You can't predict anything but a wish list. While I might even sympathise with your predictions which are based on political and moral idealism, the triumph of good over evil and right over might; what will actually transpire will be the result of economic, war and historical cycles, and where we are positioned in history up till now and into the future will make little difference if we blow hard or not.

You can't predict anything but a wish list. While I might even sympathise with your predictions which are based on political and moral idealism, the triumph of good over evil and right over might; what will actually transpire will be the result of economic, war and historical cycles, and where we are positioned in history up till now and into the future will make little difference if we blow hard or not.

your predictions which are based on political and moral idealism

This poster does not deal in predictions. I don't know meteorology. I however do have some knowledge in social science to include politics and political science.

the triumph of good over evil and right over might

We're not in Camelot nor are we experiencing its opposite the Triumph of The Will. The remark is therefore prattle.

Objective reality does exist and in my post I discussed it and presented an analysis based on current developments and trends.

Anyone who wants to contest my analysis can present their own rebuttal or counter analysis. Your post instead goes off on a twilight of the gods tangent which means it fails to be responsive.

This is a deadbeat subject ...,and again some posters use it as a definition of China and refused to move on and then later claim Chinese is closed up

The Tiananmen is a tragedy and should never be repeated ...the recent HK riots accounted by the dumb west media tried to stir up shit and make the students the same scenario and media was encamped there hoping for another similar moment

The Chinese government didn't bite and don't send in the troopers ...and YES GASP no tanks either !!! They learnt fast and this I know irked some posters as they just wanted to engage the Chinese in any negative light possible whenever possible

They learnt their lesson and applied the best lesson of Confucius....be patient and wait it out and indeed as time grew ....the people got frustrated , the streets emptied out and yes there is no tragedies repeated...this is how you get 5000 years of history there are dumb moments of insanity but by and large the Chinese have survived so many time lapses because they can wait it out

Now coming back to trump the idiot ....if he becomes POTUS this will surely be a subject of much mockery for years to come ...we almost need the idiot elected

This is a deadbeat subject ...,and again some posters use it as a definition of China and refused to move on and then later claim Chinese is closed up

The Tiananmen is a tragedy and should never be repeated ...the recent HK riots accounted by the dumb west media tried to stir up shit and make the students the same scenario and media was encamped there hoping for another similar moment

The Chinese government didn't bite and don't send in the troopers ...and YES GASP no tanks either !!! They learnt fast and this I know irked some posters as they just wanted to engage the Chinese in any negative light possible whenever possible

They learnt their lesson and applied the best lesson of Confucius....be patient and wait it out and indeed as time grew ....the people got frustrated , the streets emptied out and yes there is no tragedies repeated...this is how you get 5000 years of history there are dumb moments of insanity but by and large the Chinese have survived so many time lapses because they can wait it out

Now coming back to trump the idiot ....if he becomes POTUS this will surely be a subject of much mockery for years to come ...we almost need the idiot elected

this is how you get 5000 years of history

Get back to me in five years.

Do it with or without Trump wherever he may be after he gets blown out, either at the Republican convention by being headed off then and there, or in November after the ge.

It will anyway take another 5000 years for China to shed its delusions and to get out of the ancient and also the pre-industrial mindset.

Good thing the world didn't wait for the Chinese to invent electricity or we'd all still be reading by candlelight. Et cetera as far as improving civilisation goes.

It took 'em 4970 years to get out of the Age of Agriculture (9970 years actually). For what, the CCP new and nervous dynasty of emperors in business suits. Dictators all.

CCP had anyway better hope The Donald does not get the nomination or possibly elected because for better and for worse he'd kick arse over there in a minute. Your Boyz not only would have seen it coming, they'd feel it good when it hits.

You repeat this a lot Pub but these are different times.

I am not American but I remember Sen. Barry Goldwater and we were dead scared of the implications of someone who wanted to nuke China. I was not even politicized back then and was worried. Ex right wing nut Hillary was a Goldwater girl at the time and supported this guy. But she was in politics already and had no such misgivings. Does not that early support call into question her having access to finger on trigger? Or will you tell me leopards do really change their spots?

You have great idealism and faith in middle America taming it's extremes and thus repeating the past. However from where I sit the people have lost faith in career politicians and that is why Trump appeals (whether I personally like him or hate him is irrelevant). The significance of the biggest financial blowout in the history of the USA might just be instrumental in changing the pattern you repeatedly predict. Not sure if you can tar Trump with the Goldwater brush, (more Ross Perot v.2), from what I can see Trump was dead against the Bush Iraq war on the basis that Saddam killed terrorists. He was right, what a mess in the ME right now. Now should I shudder because of Trump (as the OP suggests), or Hillary who voted in favor of Bush's war?

Tony Blair at Abu Dabi conference says politics have changed. Now I do not like him so much because he mixed religion with politics and supported Bush's war too but he has said he does not recognize the political landscape any more, the world is filling with rising popularity of many political insurgent groups.Meanwhile a war is building too between career politicians and the people.Trump is feared because he is financially independent and so it may not be business as usual.It's not just Trump but any outsider is considered a threat who hasn't sold his soul to the Political Action Committees.

So who else then?

Mitt Mormon Romney? (religion and politics)

Cruz? (religion and politics)

Who won't separate church and state?

Rubio? (another puppet of unelected government?)

Sanders? (Can socialism deal with america's problems, it hasn't in the last 8 years, more helped to create them?)

HRC? (bought and paid for by NY banks and has trust issues?)

Trump? (untested?)

Now Obama (while he is President) has joined Romney is saying Trump will not be President. So if the people want to elect an outsider that career politicians minders and masters do not like and he is prevented from running, then Stalin is right: It isn't the people who decide anything, it's the vote counters who decide everything, so your vote means nothing.

It's not about left or right wingnuttia, it's corruption and money in politics that should be the alarm.

RIP GOP RIP Rep? it's getting more and more insane

Edit:Sp

Ex right wing nut Hillary was a Goldwater girl

In 1964 when Goldwater got creamed in the general election Hillary Clinton the Goldwater Girl was younger than I was (still is ha ha) and I too supported Barry Goldwater. I was too young to vote (fortunately) but by 1968 I'd come to my political senses and voted for Hubert Humphrey against Richard Nixon and I've been off to the races ever since. Which shows that your lecturing and scolding gets misplaced rather quickly.

You have great idealism and faith in middle America taming it's extremes and thus repeating the past.

The United States has never lurched to fascism or communist. It never will to include electing Trump who is nothing more than a radical wildman. Trump's wild campaign to seize the Republican party nomination may succeed as Goldwater did in his rightwing rebellion, but Trump would never be elected Potus. Count on it. The objective factual historical record shows the United States electorate does not go to ideological or personally radical extremes in these ways. The Civil War was drastic but it settled the matter of political extremes...forever.

Tony Blair has said he does not recognize the political landscape any more,

He never did recognize it globally which makes Tony Blair one of the most discredited UK prime ministers of its history. Tommy Rot could have beat the Torries in 1997. Boris Johnson too can commiserate with Donald Trump in their stinging political retirement from the respective national scene.

(Can socialism deal with america's problems, it hasn't in the last 8 years, more helped to create them?)

The United States does not have socialism. Socialism is the government ownership and operating of the means of transportation, communication, production. Only the radical whingenuts of wingnuttia call the past eight years socialism. The whackjob right wouldn't know socialism from USA progressivism if it up and smacked 'em as if they stepped on a rake.

Stalin is right: It isn't the people who decide anything, it's the vote counters who decide everything, so your vote means nothing.

Stalin was right about that in Russia as well as in your book. Applies also in Cuba, CCP China, Rwanda and a lot of same or similar places. My vote counts and so does your vote, assuming you do vote somewhere.

Thanks for all of that in your post. Without rightwhingenuts it would get boring around here.

Archived