overstay rules for kids

I know it's been discussed over 1000 times here, but Pinoy consulate issued a notice yesterday, saying that new rules (coming into effect from March 20th) will apply to children too.

http://pinoythaiyo.com/2016/03/02/5005/

Some friends went to local immi in Phuket and confirmed these news. TV gurus, however, still insist that kids are not prosecuted under new rules.

What gives?

The CM Philippine Consul is blowing smoke.

Nothing has changed and children are not subject to the new overstay regulation.

Children however,should have visas appropriate to their stay, nothing new in that requirement.

• Like 1

how can a Thai national incur overstay? They must use Thai passport to enter the country.

Thai nationals entering the country on a "foreign" passport are subject to the same visa rules as anyone else entering the country on other than a Thai passport.

Many Thai nationals have other countries passports and enjoy dual nationality.

I know about multiple passports apparently, as my own son enjoys his triple nationality smile.png What I meant, however, is that law prohibits using a foreign passport to enter your home country (i.e. country, where you hold a passport). Which, is imho, a far greater sin that overstay. But I'm not a lawyer, just point of curiosity why would anyone do that to to begin with (use foreign passport to enter his home country).

Edited by andreww

I know about multiple passports apparently, as my own son enjoys his triple nationality smile.png What I meant, however, is that law prohibits using a foreign passport to enter your home country (i.e. country, where you hold a passport). Which, is imho, a far greater sin that overstay. But I'm not a lawyer, just point of curiosity why would anyone do that to to begin with (use foreign passport to enter his home country).

Which "law " are you talking about ?

I can use any passport which allows me legal entry to a country. Are you trying to say there is some "law" that prevents that ?

Someone on FB got this from Phuket town immi today, not a mention about exception for kids... officers say the same.

<snipped>

Did you read the info I pasted. A ministerial order overrules any paper that an office hands out or what an immigration officer says.

Someone on FB got this from Phuket town immi today, not a mention about exception for kids... officers say the same.

<snipped>

Did you read the info I pasted. A ministerial order overrules any paper that an office hands out or what an immigration officer says.

A question.. its understood that there is no Ban for children under the age of 18.. but is there an overstay fine ? the publications don't appear to address this. I'd hate to get stuck with a 60 day overstay fine for my 3 year old at the airport!

<snipped>

A question.. its understood that there is no Ban for children under the age of 18.. but is there an overstay fine ? the publications don't appear to address this. I'd hate to get stuck with a 60 day overstay fine for my 3 year old at the airport!

Children are not fined.

They should, however, have a valid visa or extension of stay.

<snipped>

Children are not fined.

They should, however, have a valid visa or extension of stay.

Thanks Sunny Jim.. Visa application is a Pain in Los Angeles.. the consulate is down town, so three hours in traffic to get there, then no parking within 2 kilometers, not a task I like to take on if I can help it!, but I guess i need to go apply from my 3 year old's Thai passport and be done with it :)