Cancer hospital in Chonbury.

pokoal2000

Hi. I will have to go to Cancer hospital in Chonbury at end of March for radiotherapy. I will have to attend every day for about 20 days.The problem is that I live about 150 km away from the hospital. Apparently the hospital can't accommodate anybody to stay there. Would anybody know reasonable accommodation near the hospital where I can stay? Please.

If you go to google maps, locate the Cancer hospital and then go to "nearby" and hotels you will find a number of 2-3 star places very close by. Better selection of course further into town. Some of these might just be roadside "love motels", and may not have much within walking distance in terms of food etc. Hence my question re transport.

Yes, that is the Cancer centre. Can you please e-mail me or Facebook. I sometimes have problem connecting to Thaivisa Alex Pokorny

if angsila has an hotel to recommand, he can also give the name here, it can be interesting to other people, too

why choose Chonbury for cancer ? less expensive than the others, good service ?

Here are the two closest places to stay: ING Swiss Place (087-405-2600) which is about 1.5km to the hospital, 500B/night or 5000B/month: Resort and Home Stay which is across the street from the hospital (081-295-1372) 700B/night or 10000B/month.

Here are the two closest places to stay: ING Swiss Place (087-405-2600) which is about 1.5km to the hospital, 500B/night or 5000B/month: Resort and Home Stay which is across the street from the hospital (081-295-1372) 700B/night or 10000B/month.

This is very useful information. Do you happen to know if Resort and Home Stay has a restaurant, or are there such in walking distance?

To the poster who asked why choice of hospital - this is a large government hospital specializing exclusively in cancer and serving the entire region. So a logical choice for any foreigner needing cancer treatment who lives in the Pattaya-Chonburi--Chachengsao area or Eastern Thailand and is uninsured and not wealthy - costs of cancer tx at private hospitals in Thailand being very, very high.

There are some 7 government hospitals specializing in cancer only and each covers a different part of the country. Others are in Lopburi, Lampeng, Bangkok, Pathumthani, Udon and Surat Thani.

The hospital does have inpatient capacity but like all government hospitals it is crowded and admits people only when it is medically essential.

When I went to the Resort and Home Stay I asked about food and was told they only had coffee and toast in the morning. They said that patients that stay there including lots of expats eat in the hospital's cafeteria.

Archived