Best internet in Paklok

lowprofile

I'm also in Pa Khlok and have 3BB. It's decent. Haven't had really outages in quite a while but in the evening hours now in high season it can be a bit spotty. They seem to route everything through an HTTP proxy which mucks things up every now and then. Hit refresh 3 times and the page loads again. If going through a VPN or HTTPS the issue goes away... this should be a general issue for 3BB though, not specific to the area.

• 1 month later...

I use TOT, which is the only option for me. Plenty of problems.

For recycling, put the bottles and cans to separate plastic bags and the trash collectors take care of at least the cans (they get some extra money for recycling the cans).

For recycling, put the bottles and cans to separate plastic bags and the trash collectors take care of at least the cans (they get some extra money for recycling the cans).

Thats not what I asked, I asked where can I take them?

Thats not what I asked, I asked where can I take them?

To the same place you take your trash.

• 6 months later...

Update...

Since replying to this thread we've had an outage every month with True. Having one now. Probably why they said no to hooking you up. Even though I've asked for causes, I never get an answer. I know they are doing a lot of work to the electricity cables above ground near Boat lagoon, maybe having an impact somehow.

We're thinking of changing...how's TOT going for you?

Check out the new 3bb VDSL. On Monday I called out 3BB as we were experiencing problems.  After checking the line the Engineer took one look at our older D-Link router and recommended we get a 3BB router and change our service to VDSL. So we nipped right down to 3BB Chalong, changed from out 13M/1M costing about 960 baht to 30M/5M costing 590 baht/month. VDSL router cost 1,000 baht. Next day we were on the new system. Wonderful speed and save money. 

For 690 baht can get 50M/5M but our area does not support the higher speed, yet.

On 20/10/2016 at 7:23 AM, hitthegroundrunning said:

Update...

Since replying to this thread we've had an outage every month with True. Having one now. Probably why they said no to hooking you up. Even though I've asked for causes, I never get an answer. I know they are doing a lot of work to the electricity cables above ground near Boat lagoon, maybe having an impact somehow.

We're thinking of changing...how's TOT going for you?

I've had no issues whatsoever recently with 3BB in Pa Khlok. Full 50mbit/s down with VDSL. The work on the cables in that area don't affect me at all.

• 1 month later...

3BB recently had huge issues with their DNS servers. Also their routes to Europe seem to be exhausted during high season (not the first time). A friend with AIS fiber gets a full 100mbyte/s from the same location that I get a non-consistent 100kbyte/s. That's a factor 1000 speed difference. It's not all rosy in 3BB land.