PM Prayut calls on media to report constructive news

webfact

PM calls on media to report constructive news

BANGKOK, 4 March 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has asked the media to perform their duty constructively to help bring peace to Thailand on the occasion of the Thai Journalists' Day celebrated on 5 March every year.

The PM said on Wednesday that the government did not censor news reporting. He asked that the media should separate the country's internal conflicts from political issues and the national reform campaign and avoid reporting news which incited hatred.

The premier confirmed that the government did not instruct civil servants not to appear in a TV program of famous news anchor Sorrayuth Suthatsanachinda who was found guilty of embezzlement.

He also questioned the program's broadcasting of an interview of the Revenue Department's director-general after the court delivered the verdict.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-04 footer_n.gif

I like the comment from NKK, barely disguised treats, indeed Prayut - O continues to stick his nose in area's that don't concern him , the media is the watchdog , nullify that process and you have a complete, Yes sir General press, Thailand has a lot to catch up to do in the freedom of information stakes, however there is one thing that General Prayut - O can tell the press that will lift his respect to an all time high , tell them the date the next democratic elections are going to be held, any thing else Prayut says is irrelevant...................................................coffee1.gif .

It is statements by the PM...telling news reporters how to satisfactorily conduct their business...that makes me wonder why the unelected government spokesperson does not just hand out acceptable news reports to the press each day...

This would stop all the angst about what can be published...or not...

This government approved news...of course...is not to be mistaken for propaganda...

When he speaks of the constructiveness of his government, bike lanes and beach chairs are all that come to mind. You can ask foreign journalists for their opinions if there are any left. If not constructive, the good general is always entertaining.

Why doesn't the media just tell the facts?

Oh sorry junta won't allow

Drought worse in 20 years

Exports won't increase

Army and Navy want new toys

Rice farmers told not to another crop but do anyway

Rubber farmers on their arse

Police suing for defamation / computer crime act for job promotions

Arresting non Thais for fake goods when they've been doing it years

Airlines well??

There you go the news today!!!!

Thai media get lessons from Singapore, where all newspapers, television, magazines, radio and internet are owned and "moderated" by the state whistling.gif

Unfortunately it is probably the only thing they have learned from Singapore!

Singapore has done in 50 years what Thailand has failed in 600 years. Perhaps Thai leadership needs to learn some "constructive" themselves? whistling.gif

I wonder what the Thai self appointed PM , thinks about the fairness of other news sources reporting on the Republican side of Politics?

Do you think he will be dazzled by all the insults thrown at not just Mr Trump but his supporters?

But Thailand is special and we know 99% of Thais love their military state government .

However what if the unthinkable happens and Trump wins in the US ?

Would Mr Trump be so gentle in his understandings with Thailand ?

Interesting times ahead.

Lets hope it's all about returning happiness to the Thai people

I wonder what the Thai self appointed PM , thinks about the fairness of other news sources reporting on the Republican side of Politics?

Do you think he will be dazzled by all the insults thrown at not just Mr Trump but his supporters?

But Thailand is special and we know 99% of Thais love their military state government .

However what if the unthinkable happens and Trump wins in the US ?

Would Mr Trump be so gentle in his understandings with Thailand ?

Interesting times ahead.

Lets hope it's all about returning happiness to the Thai people

"...we know 99% of Thais love their military state government ."

99.3 %

This is the problem with Thailand. No matter who is in power, elected, or unelected, the people in power try to silence the media when it portrays the sitting govt in a bad light.

Different governments, same news stories.

This is the problem with Thailand. No matter who is in power, elected, or unelected, the people in power try to silence the media when it portrays the sitting govt in a bad light.

First post you have ever written that I agree with. Of course, the elected governments did not have article 44 as a tool, which takes the repression to a whole new level.

First post you have ever written that I agree with. Of course, the elected governments did not have article 44 as a tool, which takes the repression to a whole new level.

Of course this unelected govt did not threaten to starve selected media of revenue if it did not report favourable articles.

Different tactics in different packaging to mute the media.

Maybe leave it at "First post you have ever written that I agree with"

Of course I enjoy hearing differing views and enjoy your input. Take care my friend.

Of course this unelected govt did not threaten to starve selected media of revenue if it did not report favourable articles.

Of course I enjoy hearing differing views and enjoy your input. Take care my friend.

false equivalency.

The censorship of the press under this regime is orders of magnitude beyond the attempted control of any past civilian government.

false equivalency.

The censorship of the press under this regime is orders of magnitude beyond the attempted control of any past civilian government.

WRONG........please be aware of the newspaper Thai Rak Thai---near only paper run and edited for Thaksin benefit, OMG you boys do not have a memory, and while your at it check on the TV that was controlled by Thaksin. do you understand why his name keeps cropping up ?? because you are not willing to compare only to slag this PM.

Thai media get lessons from Singapore, where all newspapers, television, magazines, radio and internet are owned and "moderated" by the state whistling.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif BUT it seems to be doing well doesn't it, with it's undemocratic ways----thriving---bubbling--best Airline in the world---respected-so your PTP democracy --fair elections just fell through the roof.

false equivalency.

WRONG........please be aware of the newspaper Thai Rak Thai---near only paper run and edited for Thaksin benefit, OMG you boys do not have a memory, and while your at it check on the TV that was controlled by Thaksin. do you understand why his name keeps cropping up ?? because you are not willing to compare only to slag this PM.

yeah, right...

check ANY objective observer of censorship in Thailand and you will find that I am 100% right.

And I didn't even mention the other human rights abuses under this regime.

You are in Lalaland, but that is the same as ever....