Nok Air- strike problems not resolved.

Scouse123

Just received an e mail from Nok air CEO regards the present turmoil with this airline.It seems this Nok air nonsense isn't resolved.

The usual what you get in a circular and rounds of apologies to customers affected and doing their best to sort it out, blah blah.

I booked and paid going back to December departing early April and have connections. When I tried changing the flight to take away the stress by going a day earlier, they want a fee almost equivalent to the fare with Air Asia!!

I have just rebooked another flight with Air Asia as I cannot do with the uncertainty and risk they will be operating as normal,it will mean a night near DMK for connection following morning. Not ideal but there you go.

Sure won't even bother asking for a refund as that word is not in their dictionary but I shall not be using them again.

I got same newsletter mid afternoon today, have a booking for early evening today.

Called 1318, on overload - call back later, call automatically terminated.

Called CM airport, nobody answers the phone.

Go to Nok Air check-in at CM airport, ask if flight is operating, staff not interested, in fact chit chat to next check-in staff more important than

taking care of passenger.

Of course it is not resolved, they don't have enough pilots and the pilots they have are

being scheduled to fly in excess of what they are legally allowed to by the company. blink.png

We took Nok Air, our bags dd not follow, they made us fly back to get them.

It ruined our holliday, and cost us 10,000 Bht in flights and hotel.

​They did not help us fly back to get our bags - and the whole thing was because the Nok woman at the airport gave

us the wrong information.

​It was their fault but we paid.

​Not eager to use them again.

​Will try not to fly again.

They will be incorporated into Thaismile soon....

I see them at the very least getting renamed when they get through this mess. Nok Air title may become history. Thaibird? Thai Scoot?

Kee Nok ... "Crapping all over our customers with a smile"

What's wrong with Nokair ?

ALL pilots on ALL low cost airlines are underpaid and overused, and especially in USA, so why it would be better here ?

If they are underpaid why don't they quit?

Because they live in hope of a job with a full service airline with better pay and conditions?

ALL pilots on ALL low cost airlines are underpaid and overused, and especially in USA, so why it would be better here ?

Because they live in hope of a job with a full service airline with better pay and conditions?

They stay because they love flying and it's a dream job. The low cost airline is a stepping stone hopefully to a better airline. A friend of mine was a pilot with Ryanair. Ryanair do pay decent wages to their pilots but in his words "everyone who works at Ryanair hates it with a vengeance". A couple of years later he got a job with Emirates, 777 pilot which is considered a good gig. Many many benefits on top of the big wage.

They stay because they love flying and it's a dream job. The low cost airline is a stepping stone hopefully to a better airline. A friend of mine was a pilot with Ryanair. Ryanair do pay decent wages to their pilots but in his words "everyone who works at Ryanair hates it with a vengeance". A couple of years later he got a job with Emirates, 777 pilot which is considered a good gig. Many many benefits on top of the big wage.

So they are not underpaid. They love the work and they are gaining experience.

In the UU Southwest is a low cost carrier, yet they are one of the highest paying.

Southwest being a very successful airline may pay good money. Ryanair in Europe are low cost and also pay top wages to pilots. The pilots who fly some of the feeder flights with United, Continental with Dash 8's and CRJ's get paid very small wages when they start. This article is quite shocking. It was a Contiental Airlines flight, Continental written all over the aircraft, you buy a Continental ticket but when there is an incident it becomes the airline they brought in to fly for them. Worth a quick read.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoglia/2013/07/31/what-do-entry-level-regional-pilots-and-mcdonalds-workers-have-in-common/#14ac2071704f

In the UU Southwest is a low cost carrier, yet they are one of the highest paying.

I don't think Nok Air or Lionair pilots are earning a good wage but if they can gain some experience and get a job at Thai or a middle eastern airline they will have hit the jackpot.

RIGHT: all lowcost airlines pay pilots as little as possible and AS UNBELIEVABLE as it is, some pilots even pay (yes ! the pilots pay the airlines) to reach the minimum hours needed to get a certificate.

And yes, they work on lowcost airlines and get a low salary everywhere in the world until they get a real pilot job in International airlines.

The problem is that nowadays even big airlines pay less and less (at least less and less advantages), so I wonder why so many people still want to become pilots, .... oh sorry, I forgot about the hostesses.... :-)

I don't think Nok Air or Lionair pilots are earning a good wage but if they can gain some experience and get a job at Thai or a middle eastern airline they will have hit the jackpot.

The problem with Nok ar has just got bigger! I do not know how many flights they are planning on cancelling but.............................!!

Last night I got a phone call from Nok Air telling me my flight was now cancelled and would I change to Air Asia at a slightly later time.

I explained the second leg of my trip/ connection is already with Air Asia and the only reason the first part commencing at, or was starting at Roi Et, was due to the earlier departure of the Nok air flight. I was attending meetings in Cambodia, so moving to Air Asia and then connecting to a later Air Asia afternoon flight would not be acceptable.

After three phone calls ( he was consulting his manager ) It has been decided I can have my money back......................between 45 and 90 days!!.....great service!!..post-4641-1156693976.gif

I will now have to fly the day before, a night in a Bangkok hotel near the airport, to get my flight. I booked this flight back in December!

Edited by Scouse123