Best Line From A Movie?

HowardJohnson

Sometimes you go to see a movie and a line sticks in your mind and you think to yourself I must use that one. Or, a line from a movie that has become part of modern day language or you use in your group of friends and everybody knows what you are talking about.

Here are a few of my favourites:

“It the one that say’s Bad MuthaF**r on it”

Jules from Pulp Fiction, referring to his wallet.

“There is no spoon”

Kid in The Matrix or even better one of the guys in Dog Soldiers.

“He’s not the messiah; He’s a very naughty boy”

Brian’s mum in Life of Brian. (So many more could be posted from this one!)

“You’re gonna need a bigger boat!”

Roy Schneider in Jaws

Of course there are classics from The Godfather, Star Wars etc so let’s see some of your favourites.

:o

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's <deleted> being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the ######ing Earth! The most wretched miserable servile pathetic trash that was ever shat on civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just ######s. We, on the other hand, are colonized by ######s. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by. We're ruled by effete <deleted>. It's a <deleted> state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any ######ing difference!

And another from 'trainspotting:

I don't feel the sickness yet, but it's in the post. That's for sure. I'm in the junkie limbo at the moment. Too ill to sleep. Too tired to stay awake, but the sickness is on its way. Sweat, chills, nausea. Pain and craving. A need like nothing else I've ever known will soon take hold of me. It's on its way.

I could just write the entire script from the Blues Brothers in here because it's so memorable but I wont. I'll just put my favorites.

Elwood Blues to his brother Jake:

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Elwood talking to his brother Jake about his miserable job:

Elwood: I'm gonna quit work first thing in the morning.

Jake: And how are you gonna get to work Mr Lead Foot, Mr Hot Rod, Mr Motor Head? Those cops took your license away. They got your name, your address.

Elwood: No they don't got my address. I falsified my renewal. I put 1060 West Addison.

Jake: 1060 West Addison? That's Wrigley Field.

Elwood Blues has just passed on a red light, and a police car rolls up behind them. The words are said in the same rhythm as a blues song ("Soothe Me") on the car stereo

Elwood: S**t.

Jake: What?

Elwood: Rollers...

Jake: No.

Elwood: Yeah.

Jake: S**t.

Elwood takes Jake to see the religious woman at church upon his release from prison as promised:

Jake: [to Sister Mary Stigmata] Five grand? No problem, we'll have it for you in the morning. Let's go, Elwood.

Sister Mary Stigmata: No, no! I will not take your filthy stolen money!

Jake: Well then... I guess you're really up S**t Creek.

[Sister Mary Stigmata hits Jake Blues with a ruler for using that kind of language]

Sister Mary Stigmata: I beg your pardon, what did you say?

Jake: I offered to help you... You refused to take our money. Then I said: I guess you're really up S**t Creek.

[Sister Mary Stigmata hits Jake Blues with the ruler again]

Elwood: Christ, Jake. Take it easy man.

[Sister Mary Stigmata hits Elwood Blues]

Jake: Oh s**t!

[Sister Mary Stigmata hits Jake Blues]

Elwood: Jesus Christ!

[Sister Mary Stigmata hits Elwood Blues]

Jake: S**t!

Edited by TRIPxCORE

From another great one, The Big Lebowski.

Maude questioning "The Dude" upon first meeting him:

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?

The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Walter questions a kid and the kid stonewalls him. So Walter gets mad and starts smashing a car he thinks belongs to the kid.

Walter Sobchak: [shouted repeatedly while smashing a car with a golf club]

This is what happens when you <deleted> a stranger in the a*s!

Someone very powerful wants to question "The Dude" so a guy is sent to grab "The Dude." The man then pushes and forces "The Dude" into a limo just after "The Dude" made himself a drink.

The Dude: Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

"The Dude" meets his friend Walter at the bowling alley where they play together.

The Dude: What's in the f**kin' carrier?

Walter Sobchak: Huh? Oh, that's Cynthia's dog. I think it's a Pomeranian. I can't leave him home alone or he eats the furniture. I'm watching him while Cynthia and Marty Ackerman are in Hawaii.

The Dude: You brought the f**kin' Pomeranian bowling?

Walter Sobchak: What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a f**king beer. He's not taking your f**king turn, Dude.

The Dude: Man, if my f**kin' ex-wife asked me to take care of her f**kin' dog while she and her boyfriend went to Honolulu I'd tell her to go <deleted> herself.

"The Dude" talking to a limo driver.

Tony the Chauffeur: So he says "My wife's a pain in the a*s. She's always busting my <deleted>' agates. My daughter's married to a real loser bastard. And I got a rash so bad on my a*s, I can't even sit down. But you know me. I can't complain."

The Dude: F**kin' A, man. I got a rash, man.

Edited by TRIPxCORE

Kill Bill...

Having already slain four of the Yakuza boss' henchman and her bodyguard, numberless hordes of sword wielding Yakuza now rush into the Restaurant to take their place and now face off 'gainst 'Black Mamba'. Unfazed she remains motionless facing the Yakuza Boss.

"You didn't really think it was going to be that easy did you?" (Scornfully) Yakuza Boss

"You know, for a second there, yeah i kinda did." Black Mamba

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a ######."

Clark Gable said it in a movie in 1939, millions heard it without a problem but the word "######" is censored on Thaivisa.

What am I not getting here?

Is John Ashcroft or Pat Robertson in charge here? :o

punk in elevator to Harry Calahan "Hey Calahan, dont look so puked out. Better luck next time fool"

Dirty Harry aka Calahan "Listen punk, to me your nothing but dogshit, you understand? and a lotta things can happen to dogshit: it can get scraped up with a shovel off the ground, it can dry up and blow away in the wind, or it can get stepped on and squashed."

=Sudden Impact circa 1983

DIRTY HARRY (1971)

Harry Callahan:

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Papillon Soo Soo (born 1961) is a British model-turned-actress. Her parents are of Chinese and French descent, and she lived in Australia as a youth and at one time studied law. She worked as a model in Paris prior to her role as Pan Ho in the 1985 James Bond film A View to a Kill. She also known for playing the role of the "Da Nang Hooker" who said the famous "me so horny" and "love you long time" lines in Stanley Kubrick's 1987 film Full Metal Jacket, the latter which was one of the most quotable movie phrases in the 80's and continues to be referenced in popular culture. After her appearances in films, she returned to her modelling career.

I googled Papillon Soo Soo and she seems to be a REAL girl! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I like the man ouside the brothel in 'from dusk till dawn' trying to encourage punters inside by explaining exactly what he has got. Decency prevents me from quoting it here!

:o

Seconded!! Dusk till Dawn has got so many cool lines in it.

The girl hostage asks Richie (who has kidnapped her family and taking them to Mexico...)

"Whats in Mexico?"

to which Richie (Tarantino) calmly replies

"Mexicans"

Before facing the vampires...

Seth Gecko: So what are you, Jacob? A faithless preacher? Or a mean mother######ing servant of God?

And one of the last lines in the film...

Carlos: What? Were they psychos, or...?

Seth Gecko: They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a ###### how crazy they are!

Classic.

Edited by ashacat

"Wanted Dead or Alive", Rutger Hauer stars, two great one liners

delievered with an absolute straight face by all involved,

"next time give me a kiss before you <deleted> me".

and the last line (has a terrorist in tow with a grenade stuffed in his mouth, he will get paid extra if he brings him back alive) he pulls the pin and says "<deleted> the Bonus"

"Whats the gun for Tommy?"

"Protection..."

"Protection? Protection from what? Ze Germanz?"

"You went out two hours ago for a money counter, you come back with a stoned girl and a bag of fertaliser.... you don't look like your average horti-f*cking_cultralist now, do you?"

"Chill Winston!"

"You put gorgeous George into a bare knuckle fight and you didn't think he would get hurt?"