PM accuses his opponents of attempting to sabotage the country

rooster59

Thai people have shown not to be mature enough, just like the opponents the PM refers to seem like Amply Rich elite and petty adolescents who care about self only.

Grossly, no, crassly patronizing, and showing an utterly amazing degree of contempt for the people and the country you always rather imply you have lived among for a long time.

Some expats only hang out with the lowest of low, and assume they are representative of all of Thailand.

Some of us keep better company and have greater faith in the Thai people's ability to govern themselves, if the military will get out of the way.

You forgot the 'present company excluded' my dear Heybruce.

No I didn't My post is exactly what I wanted it to be.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed. Here is a radical idea: Why not hold an election and have the people decide?

Thai people have shown not to be mature enough, just like the opponents the PM refers to seem like Amply Rich elite and petty adolescents who care about self only.

OK, so the mature elite will govern for the immature Thais, right? Tell me, are they all as mature as Uncle Too?

Well, the 'immature elite' run by their criminal fugitive head abroad will not govern and till now the UN is not interested in rebuilding Thai society over a twenty year occupation period.

Ah, the bogeyman. Still used to excuse everything the junta does for a small (and shrinking) group of "stalwarts" who actually believe the junta propaganda that what ails Thailand will disappear if the Shins are no longer able to have any influence.

The naivety is mind boggling.

"Those words don't sit well with these "opponents" of which despise this dream that Paryut and the majority of Thai's want which is transparency, lack of corruption and good governance."

No one (AFAIK) here on TVF is against "transparency, lack of corruption and good governance". What I and many other question is the will and ability of the junta to deliver this. If they really wanted to change Thailand for the better they would welcome inquiries about their personal wealth, reform the military, police and judiciary (for a start).

Tell me; why is none of this happening?

Well, someone needs to run the countryrolleyes.gif

Indeed. Here is a radical idea: Why not hold an election and have the people decide?

Because then it all starts all over again.

You mean another coup? Thailand has had 19 coup/attempted coups since 1932 that did not change anything for the better so who in their right minds expect anything to be different this time.

Grossly, no, crassly patronizing, and showing an utterly amazing degree of contempt for the people and the country you always rather imply you have lived among for a long time.

Some expats only hang out with the lowest of low, and assume they are representative of all of Thailand.

Some of us keep better company and have greater faith in the Thai people's ability to govern themselves, if the military will get out of the way.

A bit cowardly, you mean?

OK, so the mature elite will govern for the immature Thais, right? Tell me, are they all as mature as Uncle Too?

Well, the 'immature elite' run by their criminal fugitive head abroad will not govern and till now the UN is not interested in rebuilding Thai society over a twenty year occupation period.

Ah, the bogeyman. Still used to excuse everything the junta does for a small (and shrinking) group of "stalwarts" who actually believe the junta propaganda that what ails Thailand will disappear if the Shins are no longer able to have any influence.

You mean like the naivety all will be well with "let's just have an election", or "when the Shins return" ?

The prime minister maintained that the National Council for Peace and Order wanted to make sure that the next government would commit itself in performing what the people have wanted – that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance.

Impossible to do without a reformed police and judiciary. Which the PM has decided is best left for the next government.

Methinks he wants to extend his road map a little bit. If there are threatening clauses in the new constitution very few good people will want to run for government thus leaving the path wide open to hacks and hangerson .

"The prime minister maintained that the National Council for Peace and Order wanted to make sure that the next government would commit itself in performing what the people have wanted – that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance."

Interesting that transparency, ending corruption and good governance are all left for the next government, even though this government has Article 44 power and answers to no one--it can govern any way it wants.

Interesting, but not surprising.

The powers that be have to stamp a hard line to try to end the Shizen left from the last lot, never mind about article this and article that.

You guys are the spoilers or try to be--fact is you have little to do with it all. Disruptive talk is your daily post.

I assume that all was hunky dory during the latter years and nothing needed altering-----as all that is coming out of your lots posts are complete negative rhetoric.

Elites of all political and military stripes are ruining or sabotaging the country.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif And the last lot made the country wealthy ??? or themselves wealthy ??? didn't see the farmers overjoyed, saw the money was missing and mainly unaccounted for---RICE--Tablets--and loads more------you forget ???

Now your blaming the said people in power------amazing.

you forgot the 'present company excluded' my dear Heybruce.

8 posts on a single TVF page must be some sort of record even for your ego rubl

Nothing to do with ego, only with upbringing.

When someone takes the trouble to reply to a post of mine I think it polite to respond.

You mean you were brought up with the idea that replying with an obtuse rhetorical question is polite? Dear God...

Notwithstanding the condescension of this statement, who's fault is it that those making up the overwhelming majority of this country, the poor, have not been educated or allowed a Democracy to develop here? Couldn't be 22 coups could it?huh.png

the alleged dutch guy just likes to run-down the Thai people as "not smart enough" for democracy.

The real Dutch guy if you please.

We have no way to know that.

Furthermore, since I have never met a fascist of dutch origin, I will continue to give the country the benefit of the doubt and refer to you as "alleged"

You mean like the naivety all will be well with "let's just have an election", or "when the Shins return" ?

Exactly who believes all will be well if an election is held? I think no one, but quite a few of us believe that coups solve nothing. And after 19 coups that changed absolutely nothing except which snouts had access to the trough only the most naive think this time around will be different.

I have asked this question a hundred times but never gotten an answer from any of the junta supporters. Are you man enough to answer? Here goes:

After 19 coups/attempts what exactly about the present junta makes you believe that anything will be better?

Elites of all political and military stripes are ruining or sabotaging the country.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif And the last lot made the country wealthy ??? or themselves wealthy ??? didn't see the farmers overjoyed, saw the money was missing and mainly unaccounted for---RICE--Tablets--and loads more------you forget ???

I wouldn't blame the said people in power only. I will also blame Suthep for planning and setting up the conditions for the said people to get into power. No matter how bad the policies of previous government, the coup brought the country backwards and make worst the economy for years to come. The image of the country is also severely battered and the charter will not provide political stability. Corruption has not gone away and people more divided. Lots to blame.

Cowardly? How so? Are you not bright enough to understand what I posted? Or are you hoping I will insult you directly? If you wish to be insulted directly please state so explicitly for the benefit of the moderators. Until then you'll have to be content with this:

You posted, in response to a suggestion for elections, "Thai people have shown not to be mature enough, just like the opponents the PM refers to seem like Amply Rich elite and petty adolescents who care about self only." Your poor grammar is confusing, but I take this to mean that you think the Thai people are too immature for elections.

I can think of only two reasons why expats who live in Thailand can regard the Thai people with such contempt; these expats are either tiny minded racists, or they only associate with the dregs of Thai society. Of course people who only associate with dregs are dregs themselves.

Any comments from the dregs?

"The prime minister maintained that the National Council for Peace and Order wanted to make sure that the next government would commit itself in performing what the people have wanted – that the next government is transparent, not corrupt and practice good governance."

Interesting that transparency, ending corruption and good governance are all left for the next government, even though this government has Article 44 power and answers to no one--it can govern any way it wants.

The powers that be have to stamp a hard line to try to end the Shizen left from the last lot, never mind about article this and article that.

You guys are the spoilers or try to be--fact is you have little to do with it all. Disruptive talk is your daily post.

I assume that all was hunky dory during the latter years and nothing needed altering-----as all that is coming out of your lots posts are complete negative rhetoric.

" ...never mind about article this and article that..."

In other words, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain ruling with unchecked power and writing a constitution to permanently emasculate democracy. Just remember 'But, but, but...Thaksin!'"

In other words, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain ruling with unchecked power and writing a constitution to permanently emasculate democracy. Just remember 'But, but, but...Thaksin!'"

Usual ploy B. select minute part of a post to suit your agenda. ( please do remember the amnesty ) an 3 am.

You do not believe the PM is trying to stabalize a Thai nation that was split in half ---but we are not allowed to say by who---TRUTH Mr. T.

Un checked Rice ---un checked Tablets-------accounts not in order ?? and you have the audacity to slag off the PM.......I admire anyone who wil try to put the books straight, and slowly rid Thailand of the cancer--------Then when the time comes to have an election it will be on a peaceful---level playing field without overseas desert interference.

I wouldn't blame the said people in power only. I will also blame Suthep for planning and setting up the conditions for the said people to get into power. No matter how bad the policies of previous government, the coup brought the country backwards and make worst the economy for years to come. The image of the country is also severely battered and the charter will not provide political stability. Corruption has not gone away and people more divided. Lots to blame.

The coup stopped the country from a gigantic slide down a slippery slope with the PM not in control, WAS SHE ???...Suthep

stopped her brother coming back ---remember the Amnesty bill-----you are only blaming these people ----NEVER the undemocratic governing. ---under oath----they were supposed to govern democratically. Just tell me please where the money is that was lost----and the rice stocks decaying-----democratic ????

The coup stopped the country from a gigantic slide down a slippery slope with the PM not in control, WAS SHE ???...Suthep

stopped her brother coming back ---remember the Amnesty bill-----you are only blaming these people ----NEVER the undemocratic governing. ---under oath----they were supposed to govern democratically. Just tell me please where the money is that was lost----and the rice stocks decaying-----democratic ????

I must say that your posts can actually be rather entertaining at times with their complete ignorance/blind-denial of events in Thailand, a complete lack of understanding of democracy, and total, unfailing faith in the junta.

amazing... really, kudos to you.

Usual ploy B. select minute part of a post to suit your agenda. ( please do remember the amnesty ) an 3 am.

You do not believe the PM is trying to stabalize a Thai nation that was split in half ---but we are not allowed to say by who---TRUTH Mr. T.

Un checked Rice ---un checked Tablets-------accounts not in order ?? and you have the audacity to slag off the PM.......I admire anyone who wil try to put the books straight, and slowly rid Thailand of the cancer--------Then when the time comes to have an election it will be on a peaceful---level playing field without overseas desert interference.

I was pointing out that you want to ignore the present, which is what the OP is about, and turn the post into another anti-Thaksin rant.

The PM has certainly eliminated the "cancer" of democracy, and is pushing a constitution that will keep elections meaningless and the traditional power-brokers, including the military, in charge. Other than that, what? Corruption is as bad as under elected government http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/how-does-thailand-rank-globally-for-corruption/ and promised elections keep getting pushed in to the future. You have no idea if books are being put in order because transparency under the junta is non-existent, just as it is in the military http://government.defenceindex.org/countries/thailand/.

I do remember the amnesty, it was killed to the fullest extent possible under the constitution written during the last military government. Of course for some people that wasn't good enough, in their opinion it could only be properly killed with a military coup, suspension of the constitution, and dissolution of all democratic institutions. Rational people think that is extreme overkill.

I won't comment on the rest of your post--not because I'm selecting a minute part of your post, I just find much of it incoherent. Have you been drinking again?

Edited by heybruce

come on Baerboxer tell us what a wonderful speech it was as djjamie seems to have gone quiet or are you the same person?

Those two are professional Anti-Thaksinistas.

OCDers that refuse to take their meds so they can have a life hating Thaksin and all members of the clan. As if the other politicos they cheer for and are in love with (in their OCD mindS) are any better than Thaksin.

come on Baerboxer tell us what a wonderful speech it was as djjamie seems to have gone quiet or are you the same person?

Those two are professional Anti-Thaksinistas.

OCDers that refuse to take their meds so they can have a life hating Thaksin and all members of the clan. As if the other politicos they cheer for and are in love with (in their OCD mindS) are any better than Thaksin.

Not to mention the sore heads they must have to deal with from continually banging into the selected half-truths required to maintain that position.

For your sake (don't think it will help), lets put things in perspective.

The amnesty will stopped in its track by the voices of the people versus amnesty granted to themselves and no dissent allowed.

Rice policy taken to task by the corruption agencies and courts versus draconian laws to stop questioning and a friendly OAG declaring absolutely no corruption.

Your best "undemocratic governing" even though election and laws were followed versus a military takeover and oppositions silence and intimidated and popular mandate not a foregone conclusion.

When someone takes the trouble to reply to a post of mine I think it polite to respond.

You mean you were brought up with the idea that replying with an obtuse rhetorical question is polite? Dear God...

Your opinion only, my dear baboon.

Mind you, I'm willing to believe MP Prayut didn't mean you in his accusations.

Notwithstanding the condescension of this statement, who's fault is it that those making up the overwhelming majority of this country, the poor, have not been educated or allowed a Democracy to develop here? Couldn't be 22 coups could it?huh.png

the alleged dutch guy just likes to run-down the Thai people as "not smart enough" for democracy.

The real Dutch guy if you please.

We have no way to know that.

Furthermore, since I have never met a fascist of dutch origin, I will continue to give the country the benefit of the doubt and refer to you as "alleged"

Opinions, opinions, and that from an alleged American.

Better drop it before this is trumped.

PM Prayut accuses and some posters feel the need to attack a Dutch uncle. Makes you wonder.

Exactly who believes all will be well if an election is held? I think no one, but quite a few of us believe that coups solve nothing. And after 19 coups that changed absolutely nothing except which snouts had access to the trough only the most naive think this time around will be different.

I have asked this question a hundred times but never gotten an answer from any of the junta supporters. Are you man enough to answer? Here goes:

After 19 coups/attempts what exactly about the present junta makes you believe that anything will be better?

No wonder the PM feel a need to accuse. All those elected governments in between junta's really don't help much.

Cowardly? How so? Are you not bright enough to understand what I posted? Or are you hoping I will insult you directly? If you wish to be insulted directly please state so explicitly for the benefit of the moderators. Until then you'll have to be content with this:

You posted, in response to a suggestion for elections, "Thai people have shown not to be mature enough, just like the opponents the PM refers to seem like Amply Rich elite and petty adolescents who care about self only." Your poor grammar is confusing, but I take this to mean that you think the Thai people are too immature for elections.

I can think of only two reasons why expats who live in Thailand can regard the Thai people with such contempt; these expats are either tiny minded racists, or they only associate with the dregs of Thai society. Of course people who only associate with dregs are dregs themselves.

Any comments from the dregs?

Well that's nice. Comments from the dregs. Maybe watch the American pre-Presidential information too much?

So, PM Prayut accuses and all who don't condemn him are verbally abused here. Dragging our TVF down with them. Sad.

I was pointing out that you want to ignore the present, which is what the OP is about, and turn the post into another anti-Thaksin rant.

The PM has certainly eliminated the "cancer" of democracy, and is pushing a constitution that will keep elections meaningless and the traditional power-brokers, including the military, in charge. Other than that, what? Corruption is as bad as under elected government http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/how-does-thailand-rank-globally-for-corruption/ and promised elections keep getting pushed in to the future. You have no idea if books are being put in order because transparency under the junta is non-existent, just as it is in the military http://government.defenceindex.org/countries/thailand/.

I do remember the amnesty, it was killed to the fullest extent possible under the constitution written during the last military government. Of course for some people that wasn't good enough, in their opinion it could only be properly killed with a military coup, suspension of the constitution, and dissolution of all democratic institutions. Rational people think that is extreme overkill.

I won't comment on the rest of your post--not because I'm selecting a minute part of your post, I just find much of it incoherent. Have you been drinking again?

You guys are drifting off from the truth with the blanket amnesty bill. Also from the topic. Seems it is indeed necessary for the PM the accuse.

Your opinion only, my dear baboon.

Mind you, I'm willing to believe MP Prayut didn't mean you in his accusations.

What is?

Let me get you handful of posters right, you do not care what sort of government is elected as long as it is elected------if it is mega undemocratic and flouts the law when in office it is deemed to be ok-----when it hardly can account for 1 trillion baht sort of MISSING it's ok--------when the PTP in connection with the Shins--reds is knowingly governed from the middle east etc its ok-------when the PM of the day fails to chair meetings in government--rice committee--minister of defense it's ok-------near all election promises were ditched it's ok.

All the above is fine because they were elected. ??? They had to go and everyone however loyal has to admit now it was bad.

Prayut------ however persons dislike army rule, is governing the country far better than the last lot. Not my choice but will go along with anything that is an improvement.

Please tell me about the thousands that are in camps being brainwashed ??? freedom of expression exists or you minority would be in the bin being brainwashed.-------Hard line disruptive-dangerous people have to be brought to heel as in most countries.

Finally it must be difficult when your stuck with an opinion and it backfires, the only way out is a name change on TVF like so many who already have done it.

Posters that have faith in any PM who is in power who is trying his -her best, need not lose face.