Existing airport during layover

mcfish

That should read exiting... Darn text predict

About to book a flight to Europe with an 18 hour layover in Abu Dhabi so I figured I would venture out to one the airport hotels

Alread checked and Australians don't need a visas but what happens to my luggage. Do I just leave it on the plane and rocky up for the connecting flight the next day?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Assuming you are doing both legs with the same airline just check the luggage through to your final destination. Otherwise the left luggage office in the airport or advance check-in for the second leg is your answer.

"Leaving it on the plane" would be a bit daft as you can guarantee that the plane will not hang around for 18 hours waiting for you. It will be off to another destination within an hour or two of arrival (unless undergoing scheduled maintenance).

Unless of course you are John Travolta and it's your private 747.

I did it once . Bags where checked to the UK and I left the airport with my hand luggage. I took the airport bus from outside the terminal into the city and had a look around. People were very friendly. Your boarding card issued at BKK for the next flight will get you back airside and through immigration.

Changing money at the airport wasn't a very good deal. Might be better to buy some dirhams at a Superich before you leave.

I did this flying from KSA to BKK via AD - went out for a beer, bacon butty and a boom boom. I double checked with the airport authorities that it would be OK and rte-entry would not be a problem.

Pork and prostitutes in Abu Dhabi?

Congrats, you know where to go tongue.png

Yes I agree. Some of the Emirates and surounding countries have fun - expat bars- music - western supermarkets- nightlife-Dubai and Bahrain are famous for good night life. Bahrain is more liberated than London - until it gets an Arab Spring.

Archived