Smoke, Mirrors of Creative Finance

Gonzo the Face

.. think the principle of the problem not the amount

Why not just admit it?

It's SFA to do with the "principle", it's all about the money, (otherwise you wouldn' have made / be making such a fuss about 28 baht)

...so you failed as a carnival mind reader ..... did you end up doing anything constructive in later life?

In my posts, I post what I mean..... you need to spend more time worrying about your posts

Ludicrous comments (just like your ludicrous headline)!

Ludicrous comments (just like your ludicrous headline)!

Not sure I understand your response.

If you were handed a machine-printed bill... machine-printed by the seller... but that had a penciled-in request for additional funds above and beyond what the machine-printed bill totaled, are you saying that you would NOT be suspicious about just who it was that added on the additional money?

If it were me, I would call the establishment that printed the bill and ask them. While there is always the chance that they printed the bill incorrectly, my thinking would be that the driver was trying to make some money on the side.

A simple phone call provides all the answers.

.. think the principle of the problem not the amount

"Smoke, Mirrors of Creative Finance"

This headline is a real gyp.

There was I was looking forward to another discourse from the TV financial "experts" on important fiscal matters only to find out that it's about 28 baht!!

So, it's definitely SFA to do with the "principle", and definitely all about the money, (otherwise you wouldn' have made / be making, such a fuss)

I think what this thread is about is all in the mind of the reader. I think it is about billing and extra charges and in my mind the way its presented creates a negative vibe about the whole transaction and a possible loss of a repeat customer. When you read this thread you think its about 28 baht.

This.

But I'm not sure it was ever about answers. Craving attention more like.

... said by someone with 13,500 posts about someone with 4,300 posts? Hmmmmm....... something about glass houses, perhaps?

What annoys me is if they are charging a delivery fee and a service fee, why the hell are they adding 50% to the price of certain items as well? Their mark up should be covered in the 2 fees they charge. (I just looked at their site to check the prices and it seems they have lowered them recently so not as much as 50% any more; I guess that's what competition does. In any case, I don't like price gouging)

Edited by eaglesflight

The driver sounds like he is adding in his own "tip". You could refuse to pay. Then what if you are assaulted?

Much of Chiang Mai TVF would gang up to blame you just like karaoke drunks, the victim.

"They did not pay the bill". "That's why they were stabbed".

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/833623-australian-father-son-assaulted-in-chiang-mai/

Surely if you are given a price ,then when you come to pay extra as been added in pencil on the bill everyone would question the legitimacy of the extra money added to the original bill.

Everyone except Gonzo,it seems,query it on the spot,instead he posts for help

in finding out what happened.when its too late, he's paid it.

regards Worgeordie

This.

... said by someone with 13,500 posts about someone with 4,300 posts? Hmmmmm....... something about glass houses, perhaps?

:blink:

I think that shows a profound misunderstanding of what a forum is.. I'm here to contribute, first and foremost.

( And ask the occasional question, on those rare occasions I come across an issue that I don't already know everything about. :P )

This.

blink.png

I think that shows a profound misunderstanding of what a forum is.. I'm here to contribute, first and foremost.

( And ask the occasional question, on those rare occasions I come across an issue that I don't already know everything about. tongue.png )

Today being the Ides of March, it might be a good idea, in the interest of safety, so to speak, to stay away from forums... laugh.png

Edited by FolkGuitar