Daily Day Diary For Issan

macb

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi MacB, good luck for this weekend!

If you have few minutes I'd like your advice on re-training my two chicken killers. The boys are German Shepherds and about 8 months old now and every time I let them off of the leash they run amuck and often end up with at least 1 ball of feathers between their teeth! I tried to train them after they had eaten so it wasn't like they were hungry. They also don't respond well to calls to get them back on the leash. Any advice for a pheasant pluckers son?

chicken killing is a habit an a very very bad one and very hard to break once learned. unfortunately results in the death of the dogs since the fun of chasing squacking feathered animals is addictive and the cure usually is a bullet....

best bet: leashed leashed leashed (or penned in a covered yard) and supervised when taken out....

the come on call also can only be perfected by keeping them on leash; if u unleash them, only in an enclosed area where u can catch them, call them to u, reward them etc.. wont go in to dog training at this time of night look some stuff up on the net. i fthey are unleashed and wont come when called, they are trainng u nicely. btw 8 months is the equivalent of teenage behavior in humans: they push the limits and check the boundries, so act accordingly. catching chickens has absulutely nothing to do with eating and everything to do with fun; the same as some people smoke...

bina

If you have few minutes I'd like your advice on re-training my two chicken killers. The boys are German Shepherds and about 8 months old now and every time I let them off of the leash they run amuck and often end up with at least 1 ball of feathers between their teeth! I tried to train them after they had eaten so it wasn't like they were hungry. They also don't respond well to calls to get them back on the leash. Any advice for a pheasant pluckers son?

Yes I can give you some practicle training advice mate:

Let me get a history of the dogs first.

1. sex

2 age

3 have you done any obedience training at all

4 Are you resident in Thailand full time

Sort this bit out then we go from here, have you got Skype

Well yesterday was the due date for the Baby but not yet, so the wife and I went to Surin to the Private hospital colect medication for mama papa, then Makro stock up, then off to FC for Sunday lunch.

Once again a wonderful greeting from Martin cheeky s.d.

The sunday roast of which I had Beef (more like half a cow) roast pots yorkshire puds collie carrot gravy, Horseradish sauce followed by icecream.

I tell you what what a dinner Thanks Martin another accolade! for the FC and Sunee and the lovely staff.

Bless ya mate

Yes I can give you some practicle training advice mate:

Let me get a history of the dogs first.

1. sex

2 age

3 have you done any obedience training at all

4 Are you resident in Thailand full time

Sort this bit out then we go from here, have you got Skype

Hi MacB

Love the photo's of your "garden helper", they brought back fond memories of my 1st German Shepherd.

Max & Sola are both males, approx. 9 months, and with little or no training since June last year (3 months old at the time). I am not in Thailand full-time (unfortunately) and they are currently staying with friends whilst our house is being built. This is not ideal and I can't say how much exercise they are getting each day, but my wife makes sure they are eating right (I now have a Tesco platinum loyalty card for all the Pedigree food I buy!)and healthy. I will be able to give a better assessment when I am back in Thailand on Thursday....YEEEEEHAAAAA! Some general tips/techniques that I can teach the dogs, wife and friends would be very much appreciated.

Cheers and roll-on Thursday for me, Saturday for you!....Tony.

Hi Tony have a good flight first of all.

I have sent you a pm with my mobile number mate.

Looks like we need to get you on some basic obedience first.

That means using a proper check chain if not already

A proper length lead

I gave advice to Thaigerd with his Rottie and he is pleased with the outcome.

Sorting your two is no problem

CHicken thing can sort that as well

Well the road on the Surin side of our village which was terrible construted from fill is now concrete, things looking up:

Yesterday ate lunch at the newly built and much larger Book and Bed very good both Thai and Farang menus, next time I will take some pics

Hi All,

I’d just like to say how much I’ve enjoyed reading this, and many other threads on TV. I’ve only recently discovered TV and still have many more to work through. It has given me a completely different outlook on Thai-Farang relationships than I’d previously read about, but that was mostly from stickman’s readers submissions, so I suppose that’s to be expected. I only discovered Thailand 17 months ago, but since then I’ve visited 7 times for a total of over 180 days, mainly based around Bangkok and Pattaya, although on my 5th trip I managed to get to Koh Chang, where I met a girl in the bar who I’ve since spent most of my time with – away from the bar scene.

My 6th trip was again centred around Pattaya, but she was with me most of that time.

This last trip was for 8 weeks and apart from a few days at the start and end, spent completely in her company. We hired a car for 3 weeks and drove all around Issan and the North, with a really great few days down the Maynmar border from Mae Sariang to Mae Sot, where a Karen new year festival was underway in Mae Salid. In this region, very few spoke Thai, so my g/f was as lost as I’d been for the rest of the trip. We also spent a few days with her folks in a small village in Khorat, near the border with Chaiyaphum. Then after Xmas and New Year spent in Pattaya (and not really enjoying it), I was asked if I could drive her mother to a funeral in Chonburi using her father’s pick-up truck, so it was back to Khorat by bus, then drive back to Chonburi for a few days. We spent 3 days staying at Bang Saen, which I really enjoyed. A much better beach than Pattaya, no drunk Farangs everywhere, and about 1/3rd the prices.

My times in the village were spent helping out on the farm (well fishing in the pond mostly!), chopping down a few dead trees and learning how to make charcoal. I also took the liberty to dismantle, clean, and set-up the village rice milling machine (I was glad it worked OK after I can tell you). I discovered an intense liking for fresh coconut, Thai bananas, and macamwams (if that’s how you spell it), and avidly helped collect all of these…..!! I saw a way of life that I really loved, so much less stress than my life working in the UK (even if it is only part-time now), or bar hopping in Pattaya, and I found myself wondering if I could live like that permanently, and actually looked at a couple of small houses that were for sale in the village. It was OK staying with the folks, but I’d need my own space (and a comfortable bed) if I was to stay there for a lot longer, but with all the stories of woe, I’d read about, it would only really ever be a pipedream.

It was only after returning on my own back to Pattaya for my last few days, which I really hated (the butterfly life was unsatisfying and I was already missing my girl) that I found this thread, and suddenly my outlook for a future life out in the sticks is much more positive. I know it’s early days, and owning a property in my own name is impossible, but after reading these comment on this and a few other threads on TV, I really think I could take the plunge and give it a go.

Again, thanks for opening my eyes to a very different Thailand life, one which fascinates and really appeals to me.

Might see some of you around next time I’m back in March..….

Steve

Hi All,

I’d just like to say how much I’ve enjoyed reading this, and many other threads on TV. I’ve only recently discovered TV and still have many more to work through. It has given me a completely different outlook on Thai-Farang relationships than I’d previously read about, but that was mostly from stickman’s readers submissions, so I suppose that’s to be expected. I only discovered Thailand 17 months ago, but since then I’ve visited 7 times for a total of over 180 days, mainly based around Bangkok and Pattaya, although on my 5th trip I managed to get to Koh Chang, where I met a girl in the bar who I’ve since spent most of my time with – away from the bar scene.

My 6th trip was again centred around Pattaya, but she was with me most of that time.

This last trip was for 8 weeks and apart from a few days at the start and end, spent completely in her company. We hired a car for 3 weeks and drove all around Issan and the North, with a really great few days down the Maynmar border from Mae Sariang to Mae Sot, where a Karen new year festival was underway in Mae Salid. In this region, very few spoke Thai, so my g/f was as lost as I’d been for the rest of the trip. We also spent a few days with her folks in a small village in Khorat, near the border with Chaiyaphum. Then after Xmas and New Year spent in Pattaya (and not really enjoying it), I was asked if I could drive her mother to a funeral in Chonburi using her father’s pick-up truck, so it was back to Khorat by bus, then drive back to Chonburi for a few days. We spent 3 days staying at Bang Saen, which I really enjoyed. A much better beach than Pattaya, no drunk Farangs everywhere, and about 1/3rd the prices.

My times in the village were spent helping out on the farm (well fishing in the pond mostly!), chopping down a few dead trees and learning how to make charcoal. I also took the liberty to dismantle, clean, and set-up the village rice milling machine (I was glad it worked OK after I can tell you). I discovered an intense liking for fresh coconut, Thai bananas, and macamwams (if that’s how you spell it), and avidly helped collect all of these…..!! I saw a way of life that I really loved, so much less stress than my life working in the UK (even if it is only part-time now), or bar hopping in Pattaya, and I found myself wondering if I could live like that permanently, and actually looked at a couple of small houses that were for sale in the village. It was OK staying with the folks, but I’d need my own space (and a comfortable bed) if I was to stay there for a lot longer, but with all the stories of woe, I’d read about, it would only really ever be a pipedream.

It was only after returning on my own back to Pattaya for my last few days, which I really hated (the butterfly life was unsatisfying and I was already missing my girl) that I found this thread, and suddenly my outlook for a future life out in the sticks is much more positive. I know it’s early days, and owning a property in my own name is impossible, but after reading these comment on this and a few other threads on TV, I really think I could take the plunge and give it a go.

Again, thanks for opening my eyes to a very different Thailand life, one which fascinates and really appeals to me.

Might see some of you around next time I’m back in March..….

Steve

Steve:

I just want to thank you for adding a very from the heart and open addition to the Topic: This is why I started it to give insight to folks thinking of re-locating

I always say to folks there is more to Thailand than Pattaya which is not the real culture:

Why would you talk of only having a pipe-dream?

Well today went through to Surin Big 'C' with Andy from the next village , we left our pregnant wives at home:

Did the shopping then off to FC for a cool beer and feeding time .Usual friendly abusive greeting from King Arthur but the knights of the round table were sparce, also picked up my BBQ that King Arthur had made for me bless his cotton socks.

Then it was return back to the jungle surveying our new concrete road as I passed our village going to drop Andy off.

The large portions of Atlantic Cod went down well with 2 tins of John Smiths.

Martin was yawning his head off and had to retire for his afternoon kip, probably tired from counting all the money he makes :o

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm hoping that MacB's absence is for all the right reasons (sleepless days and nights). Unfortunately back in Bahrain now so will have to wait til Songkran when i'm back again to get my boys under control, but house will be finished in a month and the hounds of the baskervilles will have a couple of chickenless (and completely walled in!) rai to run around in until their hearts are content. I have made friends with a Thai police dog handler in Chaiyaphum city who lives in one of the villages a few klicks from us and he has promised to come and help my wife with some obedience training after they move to the new place.

Had a great holiday and pics and stories to follow once I get my card reader from the office.

All the best.....TT.

Welcome Steve 73, your "enlightening" seems to have followed similar lines to my own. Bored after 2 months of bar hoping I made my 1st visit up country with my GF and found the 1st couple of days very tough, like camping without the tents! But I loved the sky at night, the simplicity and humour of the environment and the difference in the character of my GF when surrounded by her friends and family and not a hoard of cackling bg's. With limited English and my non-existent Thai we communicated through her auntie and her auntie's boyfriend Bob. In the car on the way back to Pattaya I commented to Bob that I could put up with everything apart from the squatting toilet in a 5ft tin hut (not best suited to a 6ft 130K guy) and showering under a garden hose or ala bucket. I went back to the UK for 6 weeks and gave my GF 10K and instructions to stay in the village. When I returned I was sceptical and decided to "surprise" her in the village. It was me that got the surprise though, she had somehow understood my conversation with Bob in the car and with the money I had given her she had spent 7k of the 10k building a new bathroom extension onto her mums house, equipped with sit down toilet and stand-up shower. I was gob smacked. Since then (that was Feb 2004), we were inseparable for the next 18 months, spending more and more time in the village and when I realised I looked forward to leaving Pattaya more than I wanted to go back we moved to the "village" full time in December 2004, and then married in October 2005.

Now in the middle-east filling up the coffers again, we are just waiting for our 2 boys (from a previous relationship but I am "papa'!) to finish their school year in March, and after another holiday over Songkran in April we will all return to Bahrain for the foreseeable future.

I got lucky and I know it. Tae is completely honest with me and that forces me to be the same with her. We have an extremely healthy relationship where anything and everything is open for discussion. There are no hoards of hangers on, relatives with their hands perpetually held out, sick buffalo or other machinations for extracting money. My wife is secure, she now owns land, house, pick-up, motorbikes, and furniture and is able to school our children in the best local facility, in return I get complete and unconditional love and support and to live in a country that I love as passionately as I hated living in England.

We are nearly neighbours so don't be a stranger.

Best wishes.....TT

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm hoping that MacB's absence is for all the right reasons (sleepless days and nights). Unfortunately back in Bahrain now so will have to wait til Songkran when i'm back again to get my boys under control, but house will be finished in a month and the hounds of the baskervilles will have a couple of chickenless (and completely walled in!) rai to run around in until their hearts are content. I have made friends with a Thai police dog handler in Chaiyaphum city who lives in one of the villages a few klicks from us and he has promised to come and help my wife with some obedience training after they move to the new place.

Had a great holiday and pics and stories to follow once I get my card reader from the office.

All the best.....TT.

I am still about mate: Busy being and Dad all over again, Thats interesting a POlice Thai Dog HAndler:

Next time I am in BKK I am going to visit the Thai Police Dog Section HQ

Some of there Dogs want me to teach them English so that they can ignore there handlers hahahahaha

Edited by macb

All the best.....TT.

I am still about mate: Busy being and Dad all over again, Thats interesting a POlice Thai Dog HAndler:

Some of there Dogs want me to teach them English so that they can ignore there handlers hahahahaha

Too funny Mac.......I'd like to teach those Sherherds some Geloman so that my wife can't set them on me when she has one of those rare but funny thermo-nuclear moments.......glad all is well with B and babyMac....hey wheres the pics?

All the best.....TT.

Too funny Mac.......I'd like to teach those Sherherds some Geloman so that my wife can't set them on me when she has one of those rare but funny thermo-nuclear moments.......glad all is well with B and babyMac....hey wheres the pics?

WEll my mate Rayban started this thread so I been putting pics here mate

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1109637

Well yesterday was going to town to sort birth Certificate etc: and get baby checked as filling to many nappies, and wife wanted to be sure all okay.

So father-in-law who is getting thinner !!! decided he wants the clinic as well which is in the other direction gets him there and they are to busy so had to bring him home again, all the days he has had to go but wants to go when I have something to do wasted my time.

Any way at the Clinic was a guy from a few houses away with big graze on his knee I thought m/c accident then I looked in the treatment room and some old lady was drunk and the male nurse was putting stitches in the top of her head to an open wound but had not cut the hair away mmmmmmmmmmm.

Early in the morning I had heard laughing etc and commented to the wqife about someone having party, as it happens they had been op the loa khoa and one lady moa wanted to fight with a lady who was sober, they werer going hammer and tongs the guy with the cut knee tried to intervine but got flung to the floor, and grazed his knee the drunken women banger her head on the floor and ended up at the clinic.

Happy Hoidays hahahahah

Good ol' Lao Khao, good for entertainment value if you like all in wrestling!....Bring back Big Daddy & Giant Haystacks I say!......just what you need with a newborn in your arms.....unfortunately mao by breakfast seems to be more prevalent in my village as everyone has some harvest cash in their pockets, if lucky will last them til Songkran.....Happy days!