Daily Day Diary For Issan

macb

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday went to another village met up with two more Farangs few beers good old natter and later in the evening food.

One of the guys lives near Satuk well 12 k out of Burriram so going to meet up Saturday and hopefully go to the boat races but apparently at the moment the river is very high and flooded on one side some some fun thing may be cancelled, so wait and see.

06:30 - out of bed

06:35 - coffee and smoke ont'stoep

06:50 - log into Thai Visa

06:52 - read "interesting new posts"

06:56 - log on to "Alternative Chat"

07:00 - commence talking <deleted> to a bunch of divvies

12:00 - open first bottle of Archa

13:00 - open second bottle of Archa

14:00 - go t'rub-a-dub, drink beer

16:30 - go t'snooker, play snooker and drink beer

18:00 - return home

18:15 - cook dinner drinking beer

19:00 - eat dinner and drink beer

20:00 - fall asleep in front of telly

22:00 - go to bed

Anyone would think I'm in a rut!

I'me in!

Show me the way brother.

Yesterday went to another village met up with two more Farangs few beers good old natter and later in the evening food.

One of the guys lives near Satuk well 12 k out of Burriram so going to meet up Saturday and hopefully go to the boat races but apparently at the moment the river is very high and flooded on one side some some fun thing may be cancelled, so wait and see.

We had the annual boat races in Phibun a few weeks ago. Looks very nice but it means the bridge over the Mun is jammed with tuk tuks and motorbikes, so have to plan around that if going anywhere.... also have to be careful dodging the drunk drivers.

The river has dropped a bit now, but still some flooding.

Well this is what was going on today on our drive, the wife although 7 months pregnant was working with her mama and niece drying rice and bagging. Hers some pics

post-32485-1162469861_thumb.jpgpost-32485-1162469933_thumb.jpgpost-32485-1162469997_thumb.jpg

Well I did do the lifting, but then I am the camera man

Satuk boat Races

Mun River - Buriram Boat Races

World > Thailand

Overview

Visitor Information

Tourist Offices

Buriram Boat Races

When:

4 - 5 Nov 2006 (annual)

Where:

Mun River

Cost:

Free

The racing teams at Buri Ram

The annual boat race in Buriram, a large province in northern Thailand, is held in Satuk, 35km north of the provincial capital on the Mun river. The race days feature parades, markets, food stalls and even elephant swimming races.

Boat racing is an old tradition in Thailand, dating at least from the mid-Ayutthaya period. They were originally held to keep military boat crews in training; later on they became more associated with royal ceremonies and Buddhist festivals. These days, the local boat races are held to mark religious holidays and to strengthen the bonds of community - as well as to provide an excuse for festivities.

These races are also held very near the Phanom Rung Historical Park. Best known for the magnificent walled enclosure known as the Prasat Hin Pranom Rung, this is the high point of the many Khmer-influenced monuments in the region.

http://travelguides.lastminute.com/sisp/in...;event_id=43377

My wife is on an austerity kick again. The water bill was 42 baht this month, that's about normal, but the electric bill was 768 baht. I was advised that I was using too much electricity with the computer. Sometimes I also forget to turn off the fan when I leave the room. She did get me changed from Loxinfo Ipstar to TOT Ipstar. That was actually a GOOD move because TOT usually works. She also saved 300 baht per month and I got 512/256 rather than 256/128. She could have saved about a thousand baht per month if I had gone with the TOT 256/128. I reminded her that a 300 baht saving was better than nothing. Now she is wanting me to cancel UBC TV and buy a Thai satellite system because there is NO monthly charge. I explained that the Thai dish had VERY few English channels and that I was keeping the UBC gold package. I have promised her that she can change to the UBC silver AFTER the US football season.

She always hated to ask me for money so I asked her to tally up the monthly bills so I could give her the money at the start of the month. It came to 15,000 baht. I told her I would give her 20,000. She was quite happy with that because she is able to put about 5,000 baht in her bank account every month. This has worked quite well for about a year so far BUT I have created a monster.

That's it for my diary this month.

What are you lot on about......Lost the plot I think

Sounds about right for isaan... :D

totster :o

Hey!! you are supposed to be moderating.. dont be rude.... or jealous :D

On topic... I sort of hate the blue crap trucks that pass by my house at 5 in the morning beeping their horns... apart from that..no complaints

My wife is on an austerity kick again. The water bill was 42 baht this month, that's about normal, but the electric bill was 768 baht. I was advised that I was using too much electricity with the computer. Sometimes I also forget to turn off the fan when I leave the room. She did get me changed from Loxinfo Ipstar to TOT Ipstar. That was actually a GOOD move because TOT usually works. She also saved 300 baht per month and I got 512/256 rather than 256/128. She could have saved about a thousand baht per month if I had gone with the TOT 256/128. I reminded her that a 300 baht saving was better than nothing. Now she is wanting me to cancel UBC TV and buy a Thai satellite system because there is NO monthly charge. I explained that the Thai dish had VERY few English channels and that I was keeping the UBC gold package. I have promised her that she can change to the UBC silver AFTER the US football season.

She always hated to ask me for money so I asked her to tally up the monthly bills so I could give her the money at the start of the month. It came to 15,000 baht. I told her I would give her 20,000. She was quite happy with that because she is able to put about 5,000 baht in her bank account every month. This has worked quite well for about a year so far BUT I have created a monster.

That's it for my diary this month.

I got one of them Gary.......... sympathy.... but at the same time respect..lovely in their heart.,

Well dont forget in the UK its fireworks tonight etc etc

But here in LOS its Loy Kathong tonight we go to Burriram take more pics and wnder around do the good luck thing eat at one of the many restaurants in Burriram and there are some nice ones ,its not just the boring Bamboo bar

Well the wife mother-in-law two nieces and me all piled in the truck and went to Burriram about 6 pm went for 90 bht each as mich as you can BBQ then went to place the watsits on the water.

lLast year there were floating displays lots of side stalls and a stage playing live music and dancing, but this year lots of folks doing there thing lots of Police, minus floating lite displays no stage not many stalls.

At the moment I am creating an Album of last years pics and the few I took this years thanks to Georges link.

WEll I went into the Bamboo Bar for a Burger and found out that there were floats this year one of the staff was telling me.

Well I never saw them probably because walkabout was limited because mother-in -law was with us and does not like to be away from the houses for to long

Are well Never mind aye, but more baby stuff purchased but next weekgoing to run down to Korat think they will have more selection there

WEll I went into the Bamboo Bar for a Burger and found out that there were floats this year one of the staff was telling me.

Well I never saw them probably because walkabout was limited because mother-in -law was with us and does not like to be away from the houses for to long

Are well Never mind aye, but more baby stuff purchased but next weekgoing to run down to Korat think they will have more selection there

Friday 10th November 21.00

I know I am going to be laughed at and ridiculed for spreading lies and bull-<deleted>, but this is gospel.

At the time stated York(y)ie walked into the Farang Connection SOBER

Further research proves that he'd been sleeping under the table since 3:30, accounting for his "refreshed" state.