Daily Day Diary For Issan

macb

Not sure if it will work or not but lets have a go. Created for those who live in the Issan area post it here, whether its telling us about your day or something that happened during the day:

Mr morning so far up at 0600 hrs coffee with the wife on the front porch, heard the harvesters's running there engines. Then the Wife cleaned the house I did the cobwebs, then wandered around the garden. The wife cooked some squid then went off down the road to her Mum's (4 mins walk) Shower another coffee then on here for your weather reports and emails etc.

Apparantly the HRH the Prince's 1st wife is visiting a WAT near Krasang today as she funded the building of it.

macb

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about "Issan resident farang takes 3 dogs for a walk?" Things happening in issan? The last time I visited the Bamboo bar in Buri Ram the biggest conversational event was about a visit to Tesco/Lotus.

Anyway, just joking, its a good idea. Hope it works.

What's been going on around here is rice harvesting. Each evening, and running well into the night, the local machine for "massaging" the rice is working in a different field somewhere around my house. There is only one machine in the area, so there is a "queue"; each land owner waits his turn for the machine to come to his land to do his rice.

Last night, the machine was just across the road from me, with its familiar noise and great fountain of rice husks spewing into the air. My neighbour had twenty large sacks of husked rice from a 4 rai harvest, all khao suay (not sticky rice), so destined for sale as a cash crop, not for family consumption.

It is a happy event, with family and neighbours coming to help. My contribution was a couple of bottles of beer and a smile.

Cheers,

Mike

How about "Issan resident farang takes 3 dogs for a walk?" Things happening in issan? The last time I visited the Bamboo bar in Buri Ram the biggest conversational event was about a visit to Tesco/Lotus.

Anyway, just joking, its a good idea. Hope it works.

Well all I can say about the Bamboo is what a boring life they must lead there everyday sametime, I have seen them.

I only go there sometimes with my wife for food. But I would not want to sit and drink beer there boring I better things to do.

macb

I've just done a baby photo-shoot, not happy circumstances though.

An expat had a fatal car accident a few weeks ago and his Mother and Father in the UK have never seen their grandson, at least with the technology we have these days they will now be able to.

Hi all

Don't forget its Satuk dragon boat racing weekend 4th & 5th of November!

Plenty of water in Mun river this year so should be a good event. All usual Thai attractions usually a very good day out.

Might see you there.

TBWG :o

I've just done a baby photo-shoot, not happy circumstances though.

An expat had a fatal car accident a few weeks ago and his Mother and Father in the UK have never seen their grandson, at least with the technology we have these days they will now be able to.

THats very sad to hear THadd: I dont know the lass but pass on my condolances as I am sure the Forum would want to as well.

macb

What's been going on around here is rice harvesting. Each evening, and running well into the night, the local machine for "massaging" the rice is working in a different field somewhere around my house. There is only one machine in the area, so there is a "queue"; each land owner waits his turn for the machine to come to his land to do his rice.

Last night, the machine was just across the road from me, with its familiar noise and great fountain of rice husks spewing into the air. My neighbour had twenty large sacks of husked rice from a 4 rai harvest, all khao suay (not sticky rice), so destined for sale as a cash crop, not for family consumption.

It is a happy event, with family and neighbours coming to help. My contribution was a couple of bottles of beer and a smile.

Cheers,

Mike

THanks for your contribution, and yep we got the rice machines going as well, A thai guy in the village last year bought two old rice cutters and the flat bed lorry but only one worked the other was sick, then he bought another old one ,now so far two are not working and one is, now wherer is the sense in that I wonder.

macb

Well the other day a member of the Royal household visited the area (Krasang). now apart from this bringing about the repair of the Huairat to Burriram road. At about 1800 hrs the electric went off out came the candles etc , it then came back on at about 1910 hrs.

The wife next day told me the power had been turned off in the area whilst the Royal party returned to Satuk because she does not like bright or coloured lights, only the ultra violet type lights, whether this is true or not I dont know, did you experience the power off.???

macb

Hi all

Don't forget its Satuk dragon boat racing weekend 4th & 5th of November!

Plenty of water in Mun river this year so should be a good event. All usual Thai attractions usually a very good day out.

Might see you there.

TBWG :o

Will have a word with the wife see what she says

macb

Currently gazing out of the window watching local chaps perform some arc welding, at least they are using their Foster Grant Safety Sun-Glasses now.

Earlier sent little girl out to buy me a pack of Krong Thip and told her to throw the 500g of Golden Virginia down the toilet.

I am now learning to type using just the power of my mind..... I could be a while :D I may pay someone to lift me into my car later and go looking for a breathing permit :o

Well its a Buddha day today: The rice harvest is getting well under way, I think the wifes mum is cutting two of the fields at the back of her house today. Later this afternoon going to visit another Farang couple of Beers and chit-chat and some grub.

06:30 - out of bed

06:35 - coffee and smoke ont'stoep

06:50 - log into Thai Visa

06:52 - read "interesting new posts"

06:56 - log on to "Alternative Chat"

07:00 - commence talking <deleted> to a bunch of divvies

12:00 - open first bottle of Archa

13:00 - open second bottle of Archa

14:00 - go t'rub-a-dub, drink beer

16:30 - go t'snooker, play snooker and drink beer

18:00 - return home

18:15 - cook dinner drinking beer

19:00 - eat dinner and drink beer

20:00 - fall asleep in front of telly

22:00 - go to bed

Anyone would think I'm in a rut!

Today, this place is a hive of activity.

The in-laws, with a few extra workers, are harvesting the cassava that has been growing in the plot next to our house for the last few months.

Construction of the new 'shop' in front of the house is coming along nicely.

Little girl and a few friends are watching some cartoons on the TV and wifey has just set off on the chakayarn for the reservoir trailed by the nine dogs (yes, nine now) for their daily swim.

Me, sit here, drink coffee, watch..... oh and act as hospital taxi if someone accidentally amputates a limb. :o

06:30 - out of bed

06:35 - coffee and smoke ont'stoep

06:50 - log into Thai Visa

06:52 - read "interesting new posts"

06:56 - log on to "Alternative Chat"

07:00 - commence talking <deleted> to a bunch of divvies

12:00 - open first bottle of Archa

13:00 - open second bottle of Archa

14:00 - go t'rub-a-dub, drink beer

16:30 - go t'snooker, play snooker and drink beer

18:00 - return home

18:15 - cook dinner drinking beer

19:00 - eat dinner and drink beer

20:00 - fall asleep in front of telly

22:00 - go to bed

Anyone would think I'm in a rut!

Yeah think you are in a rut would you like the number for Ruts Annonymous :o

WEll this morning my wife bless her who is nearly 7 months pregnant went off in the fil to cut a pathway for the harvester this afternoon, I told her not to but there was no telling her, there stamina is deffinately greater than any British women.

She is back now and washin clothes and I see all different kinds of Topics on here about Thai ladies some which I find really annoying cos my wife is No 1.

Today: Woke up, coffee in bed thanks to very sweet husband. Shower, check email, check news, check Thaivisa, more coffee. Yogurt for breakfast, husband cooks his own. Next I wash the breakfast dishes. Then I will be making lunch for both of us, followed by a few loads of laundry. I might watch a movie while the washer and dryer work. I'll fold and hang the clean clothes as they get done. Later on, I will cook dinner and do the dishes again, clean up the kitchen, wiping counters and sweeping the floor so it will be nice in the morning.

Today is laundry, other days I play games on my computer, or read, or work in Photoshop and SimPE and blender to make new Sims stuff. I'm retired, too, you know.

My life-style has changed somewhat recently. Now

06.30 Get up

06.45 Check for new interesting posts on Thai visa

06.46 Reply to said posts

06.47 Check E-mail

07.00 Log on to Thai Chat

Listen to <deleted> for half-an-hour

07.30 Check stock

08.00 -13.30 greet customers, serve etc

13.30-15.00 go for kip

15.00- 22.00 Same as morning

22.00 retire for the night.

A couple of years ago it was

Morning sometime: Get up

Morning sometime: Get p1ssed

Morning sometime: Go to bed.

Too much rain in Udon this month for golf, moved to Pattaya house for Oct. & Nov.

Plan for tomorrow. I created a monster, my wife promised after graduating from Uni. she would learn to play golf, that was 8 months ago, I created a golfing monster.

Tomorrow's schedule. (all done with wife)

Wake up @ 5:30, take 2 dogs we brought to Pattaya for morning walk.

6:00 make coffee and toast

6:30 go to market, buy Bkk Post and Nation and wife's paper

6:45 head to golf course

7:00 arrive GC

7:30 tee of for first 18 holes

7:30 to 11:00 pray she does not beat me too bad

11:00 to 11:45 quick lunch

11:45 to 15:00 keep praying for secong 18 holes

15:00 to 18:15 wait in restaurant drowning my sorrows in Singa while wife gets golf lessons/caddy training

18:15 - 19:00 drive home to Pattaya

19:00 - 21:00 more Singa eat dinner discuss why she did not beat me by more strokes and prepare for 18 holes of golf tomorrow.

21:15 go to sleep and show our undieing love for each other.

Start similar routine next day.

A few years ago I had a girlfriend named Rut. Came from Issan. Would that be the lady in question?

No idea..... I've never met any anonymous ladies called Rut :o

//edit/ quote harmony

Yes, I guess you are right Thaddeus. On reflection, since she was a "good" Rut you wouldn't want to beat her anyway. Case of mistaken identity (a bit like 12 bottles of Thai "whisky"). I'm sure MacB would agreewith the last part at least!

A few years ago I had a girlfriend named Rut. Came from Issan. Would that be the lady in question?

No idea..... I've never met any anonymous ladies called Rut :o

//edit/ quote harmony

Yes, I guess you are right Thaddeus. On reflection, since she was a "good" Rut you wouldn't want to beat her anyway. Case of mistaken identity (a bit like 12 bottles of Thai "whisky"). I'm sure MacB would agreewith the last part at least!

Annoying, but I'm sure that your friends and family love you...... mwwwwahhhh ..... best wishes for your future.