Recent Break In Bangkok

macb

Well on the 15th of this month we followed Ron and Char down to there Condo in Bkk for 2/3 nights but ended up staying a week.

Now Ron is an American guy Retired Aneathsetist from USA he married my wifes cousin so we reckon we related now, any way great guy (Big guy) as you will see.

Well Monday evening we went for Buffet and watched a cultural show about Thailand through the ages very good effects and food very good.

Emerald Buddha next day and mkts also of course.

I hade not eaten Indian Food since I left the UK so the girls dropped us off at an Indian Restaurant on Sukumvit not far from Soi 58 where there Condo is we ate they went for Issan Food. Idian food was great.

visited the Three headed Chang also the Ancient City walk walk walk my wife did really well as she is approaching 7 mnths into her pregnancy.

On the Saturday we went to a huge Mkt forget the name Jagga jab or something like that walk walk walk lol.

Last night being Saturday the girls went to a Temple and left us in Nana to eat at the local Hotel once again nice food

Then we wandered round like you do!!!

Sunday travel home to the village. Below a few pics from the week I took about 200 pics or so .

[attachmen

=17281:attachment]

Well on the 15th of this month we followed Ron and Char down to there Condo in Bkk for 2/3 nights but ended up staying a week.

Now Ron is an American guy Retired Aneathsetist from USA he married my wifes cousin so we reckon we related now, any way great guy (Big guy) as you will see.

Well Monday evening we went for Buffet and watched a cultural show about Thailand through the ages very good effects and food very good.

I hade not eaten Indian Food since I left the UK so the girls dropped us off at an Indian Restaurant on Sukumvit not far from Soi 58 where there Condo is we ate they went for Issan Food. Idian food was great.

visited the Three headed Chang also the Ancient City walk walk walk my wife did really well as she is approaching 7 mnths into her pregnancy.

On the Saturday we went to a huge Mkt forget the name Jagga jab or something like that walk walk walk lol.

Last night being Saturday the girls went to a Temple and left us in Nana to eat at the local Hotel once again nice food

Sunday travel home to the village. Below a few pics from the week I took about 200 pics or so .

[attachmen

Looks like you had a nice time. My wife is also 7 months along and Isaan born and raised. I am not sure if she would be up for all that walking though. Of course we are in Seattle and she has to dress like an Eskimo here when she goes out so maybe that has something to do with her lack of walking. :o I so miss Isaan and look forward to coming back via BKK next year. Congrats on the baby. Is it a girl or boy?

Mike in Seattle

[attachmen

Looks like you had a nice time. My wife is also 7 months along and Isaan born and raised. I am not sure if she would be up for all that walking though. Of course we are in Seattle and she has to dress like an Eskimo here when she goes out so maybe that has something to do with her lack of walking. :o I so miss Isaan and look forward to coming back via BKK next year. Congrats on the baby. Is it a girl or boy?

Mike in Seattle

Hi Mike

Well the Doctor told the wife it was a girl, but then I had a dream of a boy (Your wife will know about dreams in Issan) So then my wife said Doc wrong it must be a boy lol. Do you know what your having ? Hope your wife pregnancy is going okay Congrats to you too.

macb

Mac,

The dreams and all the other things that assist in a baby's development amaze me daily according to Thais. She has been buying everything in blue even though it is a girl. Maybe this will help in the doctor's making an incorrect call she said. A few weekends ago we went to the Wat for Kathin and we met a little girl that was Thai/American with Chinese shaped eyes and they were blue. My wife said that she has to look into my eyes everyday so our baby has blues eyes as well since that is what this other women did to her husband. She also said that the little girl has Chinese looking eyes because her mother likes to watch Chinese TV Dramas everyday while she was preganant.

How about this, don't take a shower after dark or your baby will not like the water???

I am glad that she is level headed thus far and not having tremndous mood swings though. I find humor in all the folk stories that she conveys to me and so does our doctor.

Have a nice weekend.

Mike in Seattle

So you, after leaving your honest customers to rot in the wilds of Isaan whilst you went galavanting around the big city, have the bare faced cheek to taunt these poor souls with pictures of you enjoying yourself. You cad Sir. Tales are emerging that poor Buriramonians, had to venture outside themselves to see if it was raining or not. One such tale that reached our proud watering hole was of a poor soul that was in such a quandry, he sent the wife out to check the weather status. That was last Sunday, and she has never been heard of or seen since. Some say that on a windy night, you can hear the poor tormented soul, wandering thro the woods, crying Mac,Mac where are you?

Michael Fish was never like that....................

anyway what I'm trying to say is glad to have you back.

P.S. Which one is the big fat Buddha?

Mac,

The dreams and all the other things that assist in a baby's development amaze me daily according to Thais. She has been buying everything in blue even though it is a girl. Maybe this will help in the doctor's making an incorrect call she said. A few weekends ago we went to the Wat for Kathin and we met a little girl that was Thai/American with Chinese shaped eyes and they were blue. My wife said that she has to look into my eyes everyday so our baby has blues eyes as well since that is what this other women did to her husband. She also said that the little girl has Chinese looking eyes because her mother likes to watch Chinese TV Dramas everyday while she was preganant.

How about this, don't take a shower after dark or your baby will not like the water???

I am glad that she is level headed thus far and not having tremndous mood swings though. I find humor in all the folk stories that she conveys to me and so does our doctor.

Have a nice weekend.

Mike in Seattle

Thats intersting Mike: Apparently mydaughters head is going to be shved when she is born not to happy about that but strong customs here, then my wife is supposed to bath in salts etc, she told her mama Not need to as I have warm water shower and bath salts, so she is restricting some customs and combining it with Modern technology so to speak.

What about names for your future offspring??

macb

So you, after leaving your honest customers to rot in the wilds of Isaan whilst you went galavanting around the big city, have the bare faced cheek to taunt these poor souls with pictures of you enjoying yourself. You cad Sir. Tales are emerging that poor Buriramonians, had to venture outside themselves to see if it was raining or not. One such tale that reached our proud watering hole was of a poor soul that was in such a quandry, he sent the wife out to check the weather status. That was last Sunday, and she has never been heard of or seen since. Some say that on a windy night, you can hear the poor tormented soul, wandering thro the woods, crying Mac,Mac where are you?

Michael Fish was never like that....................

anyway what I'm trying to say is glad to have you back.

P.S. Which one is the big fat Buddha?

I thought my wit was sharp your going to provide some competition here mmmmmmm, now I will go add some more pics

macb

Apparently mydaughters head is going to be shved when she is born not to happy about that

Surely Mac it is just another way to make the child look like its father :o

hahahaha very funny see you next month with the gang when you visit 'Palace De Huairat'

Dear Martin :D

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose :o

May and elephant carress you with his toes :D

hahahahaha

And I'll still smell like a summer rose,

While the pile of empties grows and grows,

But now the beer no longer flows,

'Cause all around me are comatose.

A new day tomorrow............................I suppose :D

Dear Martin :D

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose :o

May and elephant carress you with his toes :D

hahahahaha

And I'll still smell like a summer rose,

While the pile of empties grows and grows,

But now the beer no longer flows,

'Cause all around me are comatose.

A new day tomorrow............................I suppose :D

Bloody hel_l Martin You are sharp I beeter pull the best out here.

Thats intersting Mike: Apparently mydaughters head is going to be shved when she is born not to happy about that but strong customs here, then my wife is supposed to bath in salts etc, she told her mama Not need to as I have warm water shower and bath salts, so she is restricting some customs and combining it with Modern technology so to speak.

macb

Hey Macb,

Shaved Head? I know that some Vietnamese men shave their women's head's when they feel they are becoming too vain, but I have not heard of shaving a new born's head.

My wife told me today that I need to prep the fireplace in the living room (that we never use) since she has to sit in front of it during the first few days after she has the baby???? She could not really explain what for so.... I am happy to build her a fire when the time comes.

We are thinking of a few different names at present:

Mary Pang (Both recently departed grandmothers)

Mali Margaret (Jasmine and my mother's name)

Malisa -Middle Name Unknown-

Ask you wife for any good Thai names that will work for a first name with Margaret as a middle that are English friendly. My friends and family have enough trouble with Thai names so I am attempting to find something that does not make them think so much when they talk. :o

Mike in Seattle

Edited by oceanrover

macb

Hey Macb,

Shaved Head? I know that some Vietnamese men shave their women's head's when they feel they are becoming too vain, but I have not heard of shaving a new born's head.

My wife told me today that I need to prep the fireplace in the living room (that we never use) since she has to sit in front of it during the first few days after she has the baby???? She could not really explain what for so.... I am happy to build her a fire when the time comes.

We are thinking of a few different names at present:

Mary Pang (Both recently departed grandmothers)

Mali Margaret (Jasmine and my mother's name)

Malisa -Middle Name Unknown-

Ask you wife for any good Thai names that will work for a first name with Margaret as a middle that are English friendly. My friends and family have enough trouble with Thai names so I am attempting to find something that does not make them think so much when they talk. :o

Mike in Seattle

Well my wife has never met my mother who lives in the UK and she said ask you mum to think of a name, Well my mum was elated (*6yrs old) She came back with Gloria mmmmmmmmm well I said I said to thew wife it will have to be a middle name cos its old fashioned, as for 1st names I got JASMIN in my mind I like the sound of that and it will be shortened to JAS as in JAZZ.

Will ask thw wife about Thai name for Margaret (Mee comes to mind as the wife has a friend called Mee. You cant use Mar as that is Thai for Dog, will let you know.

macb

) She came back with Gloria mmmmmmmmm well I said I said to thew wife it will have to be a middle name cos its old fashioned,

macb

G.L.O.R.I.A. GLORIA.............................Van Morrison & Them. Flip side of Here Comes the Night, I think. Or should I say, the first double 'A' side record to be released.

) She came back with Gloria mmmmmmmmm well I said I said to thew wife it will have to be a middle name cos its old fashioned,

macb

G.L.O.R.I.A. GLORIA.............................Van Morrison & Them. Flip side of Here Comes the Night, I think. Or should I say, the first double 'A' side record to be released.

I remember that one I think: I did think of Gloria Estafan then it didnt sound so old Fashioned.(And before you say it 'like me' lol)

macb

I remember that one I think: I did think of Gloria Estafan then it didnt sound so old Fashioned.(And before you say it 'like me' lol)

Macb,

Now see what you have started? Gloria is already in use by a niece so that is out for us, but good for you.

I already ran into the Mar problem :o Funny though since that is what my aunts refer to my mum as and it really makes my wife giggle when they say it.

I am thinking that it is either Malisa (which should be Jasmine in Thai, right) or Mary. Both prounancable on both sides of the pond.

Maybe we will do away with the family names and go for something different.

Cheers

Mike in Seattle (###### cold here by the way. 1c right now so I guess it is time to break out a coat)