Unwanted Books

pitrevie

I have a number of books I would like to dispose of (mostly non fiction) and was wondering if there is any charity organization that would be interested. If any forum member has a sensible suggestion then it would be most wecome. I am based in Bangkok.

Edited by pitrevie

1. sell them to a second hand bookshop.

2. give them to a prison library (for falang prisoners.)

3. give them to the siam society library (of mostly non fiction material)

Give them to a poor reading deprived expat living in the boonies.

Me

Pretttttttttttty pleaaaaaaaaase

1. sell them to a second hand bookshop.

2. give them to a prison library (for falang prisoners.)

3. give them to the siam society library (of mostly non fiction material)

:o

Used to be a bookstore not to far from the Villa market on Sukhumvit that would let you trade used books. You brought in one used book, and took another one you wanted out. Depending on condition, there was a small fee to exchange books. Don't know if that is still open. Perhaps someone can tell us if it is still open, the name of the place , and what Soi on Sukhumvit . Anybody know the place I mean? Is it still open?

:D

from the link:

We are located right in the heart of Bangkok!

On the main Sukhumvit Road (between Soi 26 & 28), close to BTS skytrain station (Phrom Phong), and the Emporium Shopping Complex.

Parking: in Soi 26 (Bangchak Gas Station), Soi 28 (a dead-end soi) or at the Emporium.

If you want to give some books away, heres a good cause

BOOK DONATIONS FOR BRITISH COUNCIL STALL * *

The British Council will once again run a Second Hand Book Stall at Ploenchit Fair on Saturday 18 November 2006 from 10.00 - 20.00 hrs at BEC Tero Hall Suanlum Night Bazaar.

We need books, magazines, music CDs and/or movie VCDs/DVDs (preferably in English) to sell in support of a wide range of Thai charities.

We would like to invite you to donate any mentioned items that you no longer want. Any contribution large or small from now till 17 November 2006 will be very much appreciated.

Please feel free to contact the Ploenchit Fair Team at tel. 02- 6525480 to 9 ext 117, 308, or 504 or e-mail: [email protected], if you would like to make a donation. The donation can be made at British Council Siam Square, Wittayakit Building 254 Siam Square Soi 9, Phyathai, Bangkok 10330.

Your generous contribution will greatly contribute towards lots of Thai charities.

I tried the used bookshop in Sukhumvit and they offered me 320 baht for all of them (less than 25 baht/book) and I would rather give them away to a charity than accept that sort of offer.

A lot of people want to sell worthless junk and expect high prices.

If your books were slightly older Grisham, Clancy, Patterson type pulp fiction, than 25 baht per title is about right. That type of stuff is everywhere and goes for a dime a dozen wholesale. :o

I tried the used bookshop in Sukhumvit and they offered me 320 baht for all of them (less than 25 baht/book) and I would rather give them away to a charity than accept that sort of offer.

If your books were slightly older Grisham, Clancy, Patterson type pulp fiction, than 25 baht per title is about right. That type of stuff is everywhere and goes for a dime a dozen wholesale. :o

As I mentioned in my original post they are mainly non fiction so I wasnt trying to get rid of junk. In fact one of the titles The Hitler Book just cost me 450 baht and that is one of the cheaper ones.

As I mentioned in my original post they are mainly non fiction so I wasnt trying to get rid of junk. In fact one of the titles The Hitler Book just cost me 450 baht and that is one of the cheaper ones.

Sorry, but I didn't notice your original post. :D

If you were in Chiang Mai I would give you 175 baht and up for this type of book in good condition. In Bangkok, you are not going to get that much.

If you want to give some books away, heres a good cause

BOOK DONATIONS FOR BRITISH COUNCIL STALL * *

The British Council will once again run a Second Hand Book Stall at Ploenchit Fair on Saturday 18 November 2006 from 10.00 - 20.00 hrs at BEC Tero Hall Suanlum Night Bazaar.

We need books, magazines, music CDs and/or movie VCDs/DVDs (preferably in English) to sell in support of a wide range of Thai charities.

We would like to invite you to donate any mentioned items that you no longer want. Any contribution large or small from now till 17 November 2006 will be very much appreciated.

Please feel free to contact the Ploenchit Fair Team at tel. 02- 6525480 to 9 ext 117, 308, or 504 or e-mail: [email protected], if you would like to make a donation. The donation can be made at British Council Siam Square, Wittayakit Building 254 Siam Square Soi 9, Phyathai, Bangkok 10330.

Your generous contribution will greatly contribute towards lots of Thai charities.

Many thanks for that reply just what I was after. I also have a friend who gets through a lot of books and I am sure he will be pleased with your information.

u could donate some to brit council, and some to the prison with foreign inmates. check at some of the baptist church around town...they do prison visits and am sure will appreciate being able to take nice reading books for the people there

plus ofcourse personal donation to some forum members are also appreciated :o