Extra protein? Woman found cockroach in noodles at a Japanese restaurant in Bangkok

webfact

Extra protein? Woman found cockroach in noodles at Japanese restaurant Tenya
By Coconuts Bangkok

cockroach_0.jpg
Pantip user Nattanonkun shared a photo of a cockroach found his girlfriend's food at Tenya restauran. Photo: Nattanonkun/ Pantip

BANGKOK: -- A netizen shared a gruesome snapshot of his girlfriend's meal at a popular franchise Japanese restaurant, which she had been enjoying until a cockroach crawled out from under the pile of noodles.

In a Pantip forum thread which has since gone viral, user Nattanonkun said he and his girlfriend had gone for lunch at Tenya restaurant at Central Plaza Ladprao on Thursday, and had almost finished their delicious meal when she found the cockroach in her cold soba noodles.

"The cockroach crawled out from under the pile of noodles and casually walked to the rim of her plate," Nattanonkun wrote, sharing a snapshot as evidence.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/03/07/extra-protein-woman-found-cockroach-noodles-japanese-restaurant-tenya

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-03-07

Japanese restaurant? Is the restaurant owner Thai or Japanese?

I have known japanes shops.... to close for the day if a customer complains. He then will practice ... that one dish... till .... ..well i get bored watching.... go to movie come back hes still practicing the ONE DISH. If given the choice of having 1000 thais to do something... or a single Japanese professional... one will choose the better choice.

The only amazing thing about this article is that it was in a japanese restaurant. Would she also post it if it happened in a Thai one?

Japanese take their jobs far more serious than any Thai i 've ever seen.

Follow-up Headline:

Thai Owner of Tenya Restaurant Sues Customer for Defamation and Computer Crime

Exactly what I was thinking a good case for defamation, poor couple putting video out and rich pissed off owner with powerful friends. Good luck to the couple.

Happened to me in JapanTown in San Francisco. One of my favorite restaurants. Halfway thru my noodles and noticed a boiled cockroach looking up at me. I blanched, pointed it out to my friends and in a milisecond the waiter scooped up the bowl and was gone. The manager was there apoligizing and brought out a huge order of shrimp and other foods for the three of us and......no bill. Still go back.

I saw one at restaurant on the weekend running along the food train thing. They are hard to control. More common in KL from what I have seen. They are prolific breeders and like food. Usually breed under fridges.

No biggie, they don't eat much, I don't mind sharing a bit.

The only amazing thing about this article is that it was in a japanese restaurant. Would she also post it if it happened in a Thai one?

Japanese take their jobs far more serious than any Thai i 've ever seen.

"............... it was in a japanese restaurant. Would she also post it if it happened in a Thai one?"

It was actually in a Thai restaurant franchised from Tenya, serving Japanese style food most likely cooked and served by Thais maybe under the supervision of a Japanese manager / head cook?

Just because it's a "Japanese" restaurant doesn't mean the staff are Japanese. It could also have been in a Korean franchised restaurant run by Thais.

I saw one at restaurant on the weekend running along the food train thing. They are hard to control. More common in KL from what I have seen. They are prolific breeders and like food. Usually breed under fridges.

No biggie, they don't eat much, I don't mind sharing a bit.

No biggie? It's <deleted> filthy.

Hard to control? I wouldn't eat in any place that could not keep cockroaches out of the food.

When i write on this forum that "X&X"-bakery sells old bread and calls it "daily fresh" it gets removed because naming and faming is not allowed.

When a Thai lady writes on her fayboo that "XXX" restaurant served her a cockroach it even gets published here. facepalm.giffacepalm.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifthumbsup.gif