Noisy, rude Russian just moved in above. What to do?

Cheap construction, no sound mitigation. People are always surprised at how much sound

comes through the ceiling. Try not to let it get under your skin, but I see it already has. sad.png

If you plan on staying you could put sound resistant drywall on your ceiling etc...coffee1.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Russian is probably dancing the Mamushka with his girlfriend all night. Live in a box with wall to wall neighbours and sooner or later it`s going to become irritating.

My girlfriend and me rent a house on a nice little piece of land, secluded, happy. Do the same.

It has happened to me as well. Not the person's fault, just the construction of the building/floor. Ear plugs don't work for this type of noise.Trust me. I usually end up moving as the noise is unbearable. As a result, I only rent the top floor of any new residence and it has worked!! Moving is terribly disruptive, I understand, but sometimes it is a necessity. It is what it is. It sounds like you're past your lease and now on month to month. Take your time and move to another place (top floor preferably). Staying at your present residence will not bode well for you. Quality of life is most important. Who knows, you may even like your new place better!