Hua Hin Opticians - Any Recommendations

huainnews

My own thoughts after two visits to opticians in Hua Hin have been indifferent and bad.

The first visit to a shop in Petchakasem Road was reasonable but the lens on the glasses were no better than an my old pair. The other optician in Chomsin Road seem very professionable except that after testing my left eyes for reading glasses he put the lens in for my right eye, he changed it but didn't change the lens in the prescription suglasses which were not strong enough.

All I got, having paid in advance was the customary , Mai Pen Rai, your eyes will adjust to them!

There must be a good optician somewhere, given the number of shops in town. Any thoughts other that buy a white stick.

• 4 weeks later...

Our experience:

They produced my single lens glasses the same day, and my wife's bifocals in four days.

Mine were 2,000 Baht and hers 3,000 (lenses with all the trimmings, anti-glare, anti-scratch, but in existing frames). Roughly one third the cost of LensCrafters in the US, and as far as we can see (no pun intended), just as good.