12-year-old British Girl Missing in Thailand Found

webfact

12-year-old British Girl Missing in Thailand Found
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14575132711457513289l.jpg
Arisara “Zara” Miles Photo: UK police

BANGKOK — A 12-year-old British girl and her father have been found nearly a week after a search was launched for them in Thailand.

Coordination between U.K. and Thai authorities was credited with the discovery of Arisara “Zara” Miles after her father, Trevor Miles, took her from their Exeter home and flew to Bangkok in November without permission. Immigration officers Wednesday said the pair were found in the northern province of Phayao and reported into the British Consulate in Chiang Mai on Monday.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1457513271

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-09

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiang Mai has a British Consulate?

(In case you're being serious.)

http://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy12536/

• British Honorary Consulate in Chiang Mai, Thailand

198 Bumrungraj Rd

Muang

Chiang Mai 50000

Thailand

• TELEPHONE (+66) (53) 263 015
  • FAX (+66) (53) 263 016
  • EMAIL [email protected]
  • OFFICE HOURS 09.00-11.30
  • HEAD OF MISSION - Mr Ben Robert Svasti, Honorary Consul

this story makes no sense.

First of all it says the missing girl reported to the British Consulate in Chiang Mai, which I thought had been closed for about a year.

And second, nothing else is reported about the girl or her father.

Anyway, hope she is in fact safe an well.

As a Thai citizen, I assume the girl has the right to stay in Thailand.

Strange story with few facts or details about anything.

Family Court in the UK is very secretive.

I had all sorts of 'non-disclosure' orders served on me by them.

The strangest being an order banning me from playing computer games with them, but not allowing me to tell them why.

"Dad, why don't you play with us any more?" ........ Errrrrm

It was all very distressing.

Hope this dad gets to keep his daughter.

He must never go back, well not until she's 16+.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

This will likely result in the child being returned to the UK unless it is possible to prove she is Thai and the Thai authorities are satisfied with her care/safety

If the child is Thai I wonder why it is reported that she entered with a tourist visa instead of her Thai passport ?

Chiang Mai has a British Consulate?

I has been closed for sometime. When was it reopened.

AFAIK still closed.

The UK Honorary Consulate in Chiang Mai will close their doors on 16 May, 2015. British Nationals requiring income verification letters for long stay visas will now have to travel to Bangkok unless an authorized agent can obtain the letter on their behalf.

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/change-in-the-way-the-uk-provides-assistance-to-british-nationals-in-chiang-mai

No information at all regarding circumstances, no mention of Mother or anything. Only clue " took her from their Exeter home and flew to Bangkok in November without permission" Permission from who?

Sad when a father gets parted from his offsprings, been there, heart breaking but there is a right and a wrong way of going about things

Wish them both well and they both get what they want

Chiang mai Consulate closed more than a year ago

No information at all regarding circumstances, no mention of Mother or anything.

Here is the background story when it first started on Thaivisa News - UK police appeal for help to find Devon girl missing in Thailand

This topic is a follow up topic.

Ha, Thank you, leaves one having to read between the lines, No mention of a Mother

Family Court in the UK is very secretive.

I had all sorts of 'non-disclosure' orders served on me by them.

The strangest being an order banning me from playing computer games with them, but not allowing me to tell them why.

"Dad, why don't you play with us any more?" ........ Errrrrm

It was all very distressing.

Hope this dad gets to keep his daughter.

He must never go back, well not until she's 16+.

<Snip> The two Britons entered Thailand on Nov. 11 on 60-day tourist visas.>

Where does it say that the girl's Thai?

BTW, sorry for your troubles. Such things can be extremely strange.

Someone in a previous thread said they know them, daughter half Thai, Thai mother disappeared long ago (as they do).

It appears to be a SS grab, rather than a mother/father custody battle.

Let's face it, in the UK men are considered evil (by the authorities anyway).

Someone in a previous thread said they know them, daughter half Thai, Thai mother disappeared long ago (as they do).

Yes Council authorities are very much over the top. Reading all, then only question is: Does daughter want to stay with father or not, that should be the deciding factor

Not just in the UK. The laws in Germany are very similar. A good friend of mine whose wife cheated on him, has to pay a hell lot of money for her every month after their divorce. The woman's living with a rich guy now, but the poor soul has to pay about 25 percent of his salary to her.

She had the better lawyer and he even had to pay for her lawyer, because she turned all around and he became the idiot.

From that time on I started to understand why some people become killers. We could finally help him in a way that he didn't give up his life in a cell for the rest of his life, just because of an evil <d e l e t e d>.

Love's a weird thing.

I know this guy. Haven't heard from him for nearly 3 weeks. Sad story, long term marriage, successful export business and a really nice guy. Came back home after holidaying In UK for Christmas missus told she had met a new friend and wanted to go meet him. He reluctantly agreed 4 days later she sent him a photo of them both together and said she was trying to get a visa to go to Italy with the new friend. Daughter is half Thai. Desperation and despair make people do crazy things. Maybe he was trying to get out with his daughter. Not sure but that's what I would do. In any case this is a man that deserved better and got totally blindfolded.

I am Zara's mother. Trevor took Zara away never contact me again since she was 1.5 years old. The lady that you saw with Trevor wasn't Zara's mother so you know.

My apologies. My dealings with Trevor have primarily been through the business side of things and he was always a straight shooter in that regard. I fully admit I only know his side of the story and as I had no reason to believe otherwise I took him at his word. If I have misrepresented the story in anyway that is totally on me and again I apologise.

I am Zara's mother. Trevor took Zara away never contact me again since she was 1.5 years old. The lady that you saw with Trevor wasn't Zara's mother so you know.

That is an astounding claim which I hope you can prove.

Have you contacted the relevant Thai authority's ?

Presumably there are old police reports made by you about the child being taken away.

Edited by sunnyjim5