Suan Luam Night Bazaar

merlion

I heard the night bazaar will close down around april or something. The owner, or new owner, decided the land will be used for something else (shopping malls maybe...).

I don't remember exactly, but I think many of them will move to a place near On Nut Sky train station. But maybe I mix up the name with other stations...

But I think it's a pitty it will close, I always liked to go there.

Nooooo! I know it'a a giant tourist trap, but it'a a great (very close by) place to pop down and have a pitcher (or whatever that thing is) of beer and watch the folks go by. And what will I do without big screen wrestling accompanied by horrible second string pop acts rehashing already awful American pop music!? I hope they don't close it :o

Edited by on-on

:D IMHO Pat Pong is the biggest tourist trap! :o

AFAIK Central (the new owners) are having some 'issues' with getting the people off the land, and it may end up that they use a portion of the site themselves for commercial development (being that there is currently an expected shortfall of grade A commercial space expected to start from next year) and leave most of the night market untouched for a while yet.

But things change rapidly; who knows?

Nooooo! I know it'a a giant tourist trap, but it'a a great (very close by) place to pop down and have a pitcher (or whatever that thing is) of beer and watch the folks go by. And what will I do without big screen wrestling accompanied by horrible second string pop acts rehashing already awful American pop music!? I hope they don't close it :D

And it's a great place to mannequin scope. :o

• 3 weeks later...