Phuket blood donors save American’s life

snoop1130

Phuket blood donors save American’s life
Chutharat Plerin

post-249866-0-03486100-1457531108_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Thanks to the generosity of at least 20 blood donors in Phuket, an American car crash victim is now out of danger and recovering from a second round of surgery.

Chonita Michelle Cleary, 24, and two of her friends were involved in a collision with a taxi when heading from Cherng Talay to Thalang at about 1am on February 29.

The Phuket Regional Blood Center (PRBC) issued an urgent call for O-negative blood on Friday so that doctors at Bangkok Hospital Phuket could perform emergency surgery on Ms Cleary’s damaged pelvis.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-blood-donors-save-Americans-life/63370?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-09

well done it nice to know there are some kind people out there

Yes ... agreed. But it was reported that those in that caused the car crash was so drunk that they could not even make a statement to the police.

Edited by LivinginKata

I don't think O- is as rare as people think it is these days, always seem to find plenty of people with it, well done to those that donated

The problem is everyone that I knew over the last 9 years living here in Bangkok, is the Red Cross denied American blood donors to donate blood, including me! The reason too old! Some were 50 years of age.

Type O neg blood is called the "universal donner" type because all blood types can use it. I am 0 neg and would not hesitate a second to donate my blood if needed. It's the least we can do for another human being. Think karma.