Vertigo Restaurant

Isabellla

Sorry Isabella, I can't tell you about the distance or time between The Banyan Tree/Vertigo and the new airport (was last there in April, so Don Muang) but, I can tell you its an experience.

I suffer from Vertigo and have tried a couple of times to eat there and, I can't do it. Aways end up eating at one of the lower restaurants, I seem to be able to handlle it inside, my GF reckons its cos the lower ones are cheaper and its actually the price at Vertigo that scares me :D.

Its a great setting with unbelievable views, a great menu and well stocked bar. If you can manage to stay up there. I stayed for 20 minutes the second time, 2 drinks but, coulnd't manage to stay for the meal.... :o:D

Vertigo was actually built on old helicopter pad on top of the hotel so, its very slim at the top with really low railings.

I'd advise anyone to go and try it as the whole place is amazing, try a stay in one of the suites if you can, some of the deals are pretty cool, 3 nights for 2 etc.

Enjoy. :D

redrus

Edited by redrus

Sorry Isabella, I can't tell you about the distance or time between The Banyan Tree/Vertigo and the new airport (was last there in April, so Don Muang) but, I can tell you its an experience.

I suffer from Vertigo and have tried a couple of times to eat there and, I can't do it. Aways end up eating at one of the lower restaurants, I seem to be able to handlle it inside, my GF reckons its cos the lower ones are cheaper and its actually the price at Vertigo that scares me :D.

Its a great setting with unbelievable views, a great menu and well stocked bar. If you can manage to stay up there. I stayed for 20 minutes the second time, 2 drinks but, coulnd't manage to stay for the meal.... :o:D

Vertigo was actually built on old helicopter pad on top of the hotel so, its very slim at the top with really low railings.

I'd advise anyone to go and try it as the whole place is amazing, try a stay in one of the suites if you can, some of the deals are pretty cool, 3 nights for 2 etc.

Enjoy. :D

Thanks Redrus

I will spend a day in Bangkok and would like to take same photos from the Vertigo mainly by night since our flight is at 21h30 and that;s the reason I asked about the distance between them. If I could not stay there I would follow your experience.

redrus

On top of Banyan Tree

Vertigo Grill & Moon Bar

Other restaurants:

Vertigo, Bai Yun, Pier59, Taihei, Saffron, Rom Sai, Pool Bar, Juice Bar,

Lobby Lounge, Goodies and In-Suite Dining

Vertigo is unlike any other bar-cum-restaurant in the world: some 61 floors above the streets of Bangkok, this open-air rooftop lounge grants views that simply take your breath away.

Stylish, sophisticated and reaching for the clouds, there is no better place for a romantic tête-à-tête, glamorous cocktail party or fashion launch than this. Indulge in barbecued seafood, champagne and a wide selection of cocktails, wines-by-the-glass and non-alcoholic drinks. Innovative a-la-minute BBQ items include 'Red Mullet en Papillote with Thyme', 'Grilled Scallops in a Shell with Toasted Hazelnut and Coriander Butter' and 'Grilled Oysters with Parmesan Cheese'. Irresistible.

Opening hours: 5pm - 12am (weather permitting)

The Moon Bar is the highest al fresco bar in the Asia Pacific, offering a stunning venue for any occasion.

Premium drinks are served in sumptuous comfort in a sensual, friendly and romantic ambience. Contemplate the heavens close by and star gaze with perfect contentment.

Opening hours: 5pm - 1am (weather permitting) :o

On top of Banyan Tree

Vertigo Grill & Moon Bar

Other restaurants:

Vertigo, Bai Yun, Pier59, Taihei, Saffron, Rom Sai, Pool Bar, Juice Bar,

Lobby Lounge, Goodies and In-Suite Dining

Vertigo is unlike any other bar-cum-restaurant in the world: some 61 floors above the streets of Bangkok, this open-air rooftop lounge grants views that simply take your breath away.

Stylish, sophisticated and reaching for the clouds, there is no better place for a romantic tête-à-tête, glamorous cocktail party or fashion launch than this. Indulge in barbecued seafood, champagne and a wide selection of cocktails, wines-by-the-glass and non-alcoholic drinks. Innovative a-la-minute BBQ items include 'Red Mullet en Papillote with Thyme', 'Grilled Scallops in a Shell with Toasted Hazelnut and Coriander Butter' and 'Grilled Oysters with Parmesan Cheese'. Irresistible.

Opening hours: 5pm - 12am (weather permitting)

The Moon Bar is the highest al fresco bar in the Asia Pacific, offering a stunning venue for any occasion.

Premium drinks are served in sumptuous comfort in a sensual, friendly and romantic ambience. Contemplate the heavens close by and star gaze with perfect contentment.

Opening hours: 5pm - 1am (weather permitting) :o

Thanks for this info.

its one of the most special restaurant in thailand Id say. pricey for sure! for those of you that can afford it, sure the food is great. those that dont always wanna spend a tonne of $$ do what I do...eat somewhere else and go there for a couple of drinks :D

for the view,....the price of the drinks is almost a giveaway. if i have to pay the same price to listen to some old guy singing jazz at sheraton...I might as well pay the same to get this incredible view :o

in terms of distance Id allow 1hr exactly for travelling.....thats if you get straight from Sathorn..where virtigo is at....on to the express way. but depending what day of week it is......considering your flight at 930pm.....1hr taxi time...atleast 1hr before flight time for check-in.....(ignoring the 2hr required by airlines!) you are looking at needing to leave atleast 2 hrs before 9.30...thats 7.30pm. not much of a dinner time is there?

I think great for drinks but mixed for food. First time I went wrote a review on my blog. In the end I'm not sure the food is worth it - sure for an expense account why not. But it's really a special place for drinks. Took a group of 12 up there the other night for sunset. That's great to go up in the day and watch things get dark and Bangkok light up.

Have fun,

I think great for drinks but mixed for food. First time I went wrote a review on my blog. In the end I'm not sure the food is worth it - sure for an expense account why not. But it's really a special place for drinks. Took a group of 12 up there the other night for sunset. That's great to go up in the day and watch things get dark and Bangkok light up.

Have fun,

thanks for all the replies.

Vertigo is in Banyan Tree hotel top and the Siricco is in the dome tower,am I right?

If yes what's the main difference betweeen this two? Which do you think it's better for a couples of drinks and specially photos?

Vertigo is on top of banyan tree which is on sathorn road

sirocco is on top of state tower...which is a serviced apartment at the end of siolm road

sirocco is closer to the river, but i find the view from vertigo more interesting

also personal opinion....i felt the service at vertigo was much better than at sirocco...or atleast better than Distil, the bar one floor below sirocco

Vertigo is on top of banyan tree which is on sathorn road

sirocco is on top of state tower...which is a serviced apartment at the end of siolm road

sirocco is closer to the river, but i find the view from vertigo more interesting

also personal opinion....i felt the service at vertigo was much better than at sirocco...or atleast better than Distil, the bar one floor below sirocco

Thanks for the explanation.

Our goal is to take photos at the top

Views from both Vertigo and Sirocco are spectacular. If I had to choose, I would say the view from Sirocco is better. Both restaurants offer excellent food at absolute premium prices. I have dined at them both for a number of special occassions. Travelling time from the airport is approximately one hour.

:o If you look carefully you can see it....

Thanks.

I haven't go there so how can i konw?

I think the pics posted by rinrada is of Baiyoke SkyTower. not sirocco or vertigo

baiyoke is the tallest building in thailand. its not as expensive as the other 2, but the view is also not as good. plus the restaurant is one level down...with glass windows all over. but u can only go up to the open air revolving viewing deck

not the same as sirocco and vertigo where you can sit and enjoy the view while having a drink or meal

ofcourse a huge huge huge price difference though

:o If you look carefully you can see it....

Thanks.

I haven't go there so how can i konw?

I think the pics posted by rinrada is of Baiyoke SkyTower. not sirocco or vertigo

baiyoke is the tallest building in thailand. its not as expensive as the other 2, but the view is also not as good. plus the restaurant is one level down...with glass windows all over. but u can only go up to the open air revolving viewing deck

not the same as sirocco and vertigo where you can sit and enjoy the view while having a drink or meal

ofcourse a huge huge huge price difference though

thanks for your quick and clear reply.

Let rinrada clear

:o clear what?

My money would go on the bar at the top of the new Millenium Hilton on the river. 60odd floors up, spectacular view - albeit through glass- and a glass lift that travels through the swimming pool. No contest. Although I would have to say the nuts at vertigo are great :D

:o clear what?

My money would go on the bar at the top of the new Millenium Hilton on the river. 60odd floors up, spectacular view - albeit through glass- and a glass lift that travels through the swimming pool. No contest. Although I would have to say the nuts at vertigo are great :D

I can offer cheaper nuts HAHA plenty around ppl I know :D

Having been to Vertigo and Sirocco plenty of times, I'd rank the former as the better place for pre- or post-dinner drinks, and the latter for better food. I find Sirocco's bar a bit too pretentious, but its kitchen knocks the socks off Vertigo's.

Having been to Vertigo and Sirocco plenty of times, I'd rank the former as the better place for pre- or post-dinner drinks, and the latter for better food. I find Sirocco's bar a bit too pretentious, but its kitchen knocks the socks off Vertigo's.

Thanks for you great reply. Now we know which one to choose