Bangkok will not lack water: Irrigation Dept

webfact

When there's flooding the govt doesn't really react until the water is lapping at Bkk's door.

Now there's a drought in effect, the price of bottled water is on the control list and there's all sorts of calls for conservation but no matter what Bkk won't go short, SUPPOSEDLY !

So what about the rest of the country ?

What rest of the country ?

Exactly. Just like the previous government was happy to flood some areas to keep central Bangkok dry, this government will make sure Bangkok gets the water regardless of the rest of the country's needs.

Can't have the rich, hiso, connected, all powerful inconvenienced in any way.

water pressure at home very low

Mine too, the biggest worry for me is lack of water to shower, wash clothes and flush the toilet. What is the water levels like at the major dams across Thailand? Anyone have a link?

Given that they are touting the worst drought for 20 years one would suspect the level of Dams throughout the Kingdom is very low.

Mine too, the biggest worry for me is lack of water to shower, wash clothes and flush the toilet. What is the water levels like at the major dams across Thailand? Anyone have a link?

http://www.thaiwater.net/web/index.php/en.html

I started taking well water deliveries by truck yesterday. 1,000 liters for 150 baht.

How much is a water tank and what size should I get?

Water, meh... water is for the fish. A real ThaiVisa member worries more about the beer production. laugh.png

Lol.... Worst case scenario is converting to imported beer?

Well in that case you can also buy sachets of powdered beer and add water from the Chao Phraya. It only taste a bit like Heineken, but better then nothing right.

nd1ZNC5.jpg

http://www.thaiwater.net/web/index.php/en.html

I started taking well water deliveries by truck yesterday. 1,000 liters for 150 baht.

How much is a water tank and what size should I get?

Dunno what your situation is but 1,000 liters seems to be a fairly common size for a single family house. Without constant refill, would last about 2 1/2 ~ 3 days. 2 if the wife's doing laundry.

There are varying brands, qualities and costs. I don't remember what I paid for my 1,000 liter tank connected to city water. It's one of those common, cheap charlie blue plastic ones; which is alright as we don't have a filter system, and the water is bad anyway. I squeeze my ass into the tank and scrub/scoop out the mud and algae once a year, regardless.

The 1,850 liter tank I got a year ago (SandStone), boasts food grade plastic, better UV protection, it was about 6 or 7,000 Baht including delivery; we live about 25 kliks outside the city area. I use it (and one other) strictly for rain water collection.

Water, meh... water is for the fish. A real ThaiVisa member worries more about the beer production. laugh.png

Lol.... Worst case scenario is converting to imported beer?

Better yet......

attachicon.gifarticle-2423306-1BE00696000005DC-923_634x466.jpg

Kilkenneys on draft in your kitchen?

Ha ha, that'd be nice. I was searching, unsuccessfully, for a photo my mate sent me a while back. One of those nice, stainless steel water tanks with a big Leo label photo shopped onto it.

This photo sourced from a gag video out of Nz, where a bunch of guys hooked up a keg to their mate's house water system. laugh.png