Strong summer storms warning today until Saturday in Isaan, East and Central Regions

webfact

Strong summer storms warning today until Saturday in Northeast, East and Central Regions

176-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Meteorological Department today issued a warning of possible strong summer storms in Thailand's northeast and central regions, beginning today as the result of the combination of the low pressure system and the cold spell blanketing the areas.

In its 6th announcement this morning, the department said low pressure system due to heat has now covered upper region of the country,

This will cause hot and extreme hot weather condition in these areas while strong high pressure system from China has blanketed northern Vietnam, and is approaching Thailand’s northeast region tonight.

The combination of hot weather and cold spell will bring about strong summer storms, beginning from the Northeast region tonight and later the East, and the Central Region,

Apart from the strong summer storms expected in many areas, there is also a possibility of freak storms in some area.

It went on saying after the storms, temperatures in the Northeast may drop 5-7 degrees, while in the East and Central Regions falling 2-4 degrees Celsius.

It warned people in the said areas to keep off instable huge sign boards and big trees from March 10-12, as they might be pulled down by the strong summer storms.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/154492

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-10

there is also a possibility of freak storms in some area.

Ummm, if hail storms are caused by/include hail; if snow storms are caused by/include snow; if sand storms are caused by/include sand; it follows that freak storms are caused by/include.... Yes or No?

instable huge sign boards and big trees

I wasn't sure of the pronunciation of "instable"[sic]... was it as in "insatiable"? or "constable"? and right click~Word Find returned No Result.... somewhat unsurprisingly.

giggle.gifcoffee1.gifneus.gif

Instable - Definition "Unstable"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/instable

I like graemealyard are disappointed at the advice to keep off trees and big instable signboards. I mean, just drive around any province in Thailand during a storm and you are sure to see loads of Thais climbing trees, instable and stable large signboards, isn't a normal Thai thing?

Good to know that the good general thinks in such detail to protect the people from such deadly pastimes. Surely we need some guidance on just how many razor blades we should put in our mouths at the same time, or how much petrol is safe to wash in?

Instable - Definition "Unstable"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/instable

I like graemealyard are disappointed at the advice to keep off trees and big instable signboards. I mean, just drive around any province in Thailand during a storm and you are sure to see loads of Thais climbing trees, instable and stable large signboards, isn't a normal Thai thing?

Good to know that the good general thinks in such detail to protect the people from such deadly pastimes. Surely we need some guidance on just how many razor blades we should put in our mouths at the same time, or how much petrol is safe to wash in?

There's the difference between the Thai and English language. In Thai it's like playing horseshoes and as long as you're close with the tone and intent people understand, but in English even the English speaking person has to use a dictionary to make sure they understand even if the wrong letter was used. No wonder English speaking people are so hard for a Thai to understand.

And there I was thinking they had just missed putting a space between the two words and the big signboards must be in stables! Obviously informing the animals. More to the point, how does a storm PULL a large signboard or tree down? Must be a big sucker of a storm!

What kind of summer storm can we expect? Do they mean wind or hail,or rain,or extreme heat. I read a few times and still am uncertain on what kind of storm is coming? Can some one tell me what storm is coming.

The only storm coming with the current clowns in charge will be a shit storm I'm afraid. Edited by stoneyboy

Well I live in the NE, Isaan.

Of all the local weather reports, not one mention of storms or rain.

A slight drop in temperature for a couple of days, cloud cover, and winds slightly stronger than normal.

I'd actually appreciate a rain storm, just to test my new roof on the extension for leaks, but I don't think it's going to happen.