Galaxy S5 Lollipop App Optimization

alocacoc

I've just switched mine off today, when the notification opens tap on the message it'll open up the app and theres an on/off toggle. So you'll just have to wait till you get the message again I'm afraid.

Thanks guys. As expected, the notification didn't come up anymore.

But i figured out finally how to gain access to it. Since Lollipop it's not longer embedded withing the Battery Settings. Now, it's a own app, which is not to find under Settings. Look at your apps and you will find the app "Smart manager". Open it, and click on Battery. Yes, there is the settings i looked for. Go for Details and you see all the optimized apps.

I thought, this automatic app optimization isn't a bad thing till i realized, that i didn't got longer notifications (executing tasks) from Tasker which is connected to the K9 Mail app. Since i use K9Mail only for this one reason(it doesn't work with Gmail), and never opened it, my device decided to disable the app. This caused missing notifications for incoming emails which contains specific/predefined subjects. That was a serious issue.

Now, i didn't completely disable this optimization app but i did turn off several apps from the list.

May be this helps others too. This feature could also be an issue for user who don't use i.e. Viber, Line.... every day, but still want get notifications for incoming messages. It was a good lesson for me.

By the way, Tasker is a great app, but (at least for me) not so easy to handle it. But many things are possible to automate tasks or bind events to others, even on a non-rooted device.

Edited by alocacoc