1yr Extension based on Marriage - Hua Hin

I walked into Hua Hin immigration alone to get my marriage extension with the documents listed below which was not enough:

Thai Marriage Visa Requirements (sourced online):

1. Application Form (T.M. 7)

2. A copy of your passport

3. Financial proof such as:

4. The applicant’s 2×2 inches photo.

5. Bank Statement together with a certified letter from the bank if using 400,000 THB money as a financial proof.

6. Copy of Marriage Certificate.

7. Copy of House Registration. (Thai National Spouse)

8. Copy of I.D. (Thai National Spouse)

9. Proof of address

10. Signed map of address

11. photos of the house with the applicant and wife in all rooms of the house and some photos takes outside the front door showing the house/flat number.

The officer explained:

- my wife needs to be present

- i need a thai witness to accompany me with a copy of their ID and book.

- two copies of everything.

- update marriage document from Amphur (can be obtained every year she said).

- additional 4 colour photos to the 4 i already have of our wedding house etc.

- we must be wearing same clothes in photos as when present at immigration for extension.

- make new (better quality) photocopies of my entire passport.

- draw map (which i already did).

I'm supposed to try again. Anybody else needed to bring all this or more?

• Like 1

My last one before I changed to a retirement extension Hua Hin Imm wanted a paper that stated who my parents were. Had to go to pranburi and get the document that I filled out eight years before. They enjoy the drama in HH. I got fed up with them. The last one had me coming back three times before I got my stamp.

I have been doing at HH and due in the next few months, I know for your first extension a witness and their housebook was required with a 2 minute interview for them. Definitely your wife needs to be present every year as the extension is based on you being together. Regarding pictures it seems they are asking different things with different people, same clothes, different clothes, different parts of house, house number required and sometimes not. 2 copies are always required and the kor bor 2??? can be obtained at the Tessabhan if you show wedding cert, only takes a few minutes and 20 Baht

It has always been a requirement your wife be with you when you do the extension. She has to complete a statement that will need to signed by both of you.

This from what they told seems to be strange "we must be wearing same clothes in photos as when present at immigration for extension" never heard of it before.

Your list is short. Here is one that I normally post.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

Yes. All quite normal requirements.

Taking the Wife is a must.

Not sure about the clothes though, but if that is what they want.

I always take the same Kor Ror 2 but then again if they want fresh copy, take it.

Edited by Eclipse

Thinking that using a visa agent who know the tricks and include tea money in their fees will expedite this...a few of the requirements from the officer like wearing same clothes point exactly to this..

I don't think for marriage its any use using an agent as all the requirements must be legally met as the paperwork is sent to BKK, unlike a retirement extension that is issued in house.

Send you wife to any Amphoe to get the Kor Ror 2 by presenting her ID card and paying 20 baht. It should take well less than an hour to get it. The rest is just taking some pics and printing them out and some copies.

The TM7 form you can download here in PDF or word format and then print 2 sided. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Not that big a deal after you have done more than one. I am on my 8th extension so it has become routine for me.

• Like 1

You must have got the same immigration officer that I was having last year. The biggest prick there is, just check his statement on LINE. Invents the rules as he goes by. The most rude person I have ever met in Thailand. Wife was controlling herself as much as she could, but now thinking of talking to NST mafia before we go back for renewal this year...

I gave him an album of about 20 pics of us all around the house to chose from, but he refused that saying " You wear the same clothes on all photos, don't you have other clothes?" I had to go back and take new photos with different clothes on every one...

Although he speaks very good English, he refused to speak to me and was only speaking Thai with my wife, very rude and not polite at all. I do understand enough Thai to understand his rude behavior, and if I really didn't need that stamp, I would have just pissed on him right there in public and walked out....

Prachuap Khiri Khan immigration, since they moved to Hua Hin, must be absolutely the worst for marriage extensions in the country, just because one officer.

Just did my 90 days report in SingKhon (Prachuap Khiri Khan) last week, in and out in 3 minutes, all smiles and polite....