Rebar Steel Grades In Thailand

I'm building our kitchen and am modifying some plans. I'm resizing the rebars in the beams so I want to find out about the grades of steel. I can weigh a rebar to determine its nominal diameter very accurately....but determining the grade of steel is more difficult. I can manually bend a rebar and get a feel for its strenght but there are markings on the bars (and on the manufacturor's tags) which should tell specifically what grades of steel they contain. I bought a sample of rebar with this stamped on it: DB16 SD40. I'm pretty sure that the 16 means 16mm because the weight of this bar is exactly what you would expect for a 16mm bar....I think that the SD40 is the grade of the steel. Does anyone know for sure...and does anyone have a link that talks about this?

Chownah

I'm building our kitchen and am modifying some plans. I'm resizing the rebars in the beams so I want to find out about the grades of steel. I can weigh a rebar to determine its nominal diameter very accurately....but determining the grade of steel is more difficult. I can manually bend a rebar and get a feel for its strenght but there are markings on the bars (and on the manufacturor's tags) which should tell specifically what grades of steel they contain. I bought a sample of rebar with this stamped on it: DB16 SD40. I'm pretty sure that the 16 means 16mm because the weight of this bar is exactly what you would expect for a 16mm bar....I think that the SD40 is the grade of the steel. Does anyone know for sure...and does anyone have a link that talks about this?

Chownah

http://www.ratchasimasteel.co.th/steel_bar.asp