1 year extension, one day late

Yes it's this weekend. And it's for my friend and his retirement extension

Your "friend" could have renewed the extension up to 30 days prior to the current extension expiring.

Why leave it to the last minute?

The extension can be applied for on Monday. Let us hope all the required paperwork is in order.

Reminds of of being at school..."sir I did my homework but the dog ate it"

Why get into such a spot. If something not in order and your turned away then problems. Some offices even allow up to 45 days prior. CW for one.

Easy to complain about him here without knowing any facts......he had to go home because of a funeral and a estate inventory. and it took a week longer than planned

You might well have obtained rather more sympathetically-worded responses had you chosen to make these facts known in your original post!

• Like 2

Easy to complain about him here without knowing any facts......he had to go home because of a funeral and a estate inventory. and it took a week longer than planned

• He can apply on Monday because the office was closed on the day the current extension ends.
  • If he has a problem getting the extension he can easily get a new non 'O' from an Embassy/Consulate local to Thailand and start the extension process again.

• He can apply on Monday because the office was closed on the day the current extension ends.
  • If he has a problem getting the extension he can easily get a new non 'O' from an Embassy/Consulate local to Thailand and start the extension process again.

He won't fined for an overstay on Monday. If he does not get finished on Monday he would a have few days and then have to pay a 500 baht fine for every day.

• Like 1

Yes but why leave it to the last day. You can apply 30 days before your current stay finishes.

I have heart that some immigration offices accept Visa application procedure 45 days before the end of the current Visa date.

Therefore it is normal to apply for the Visa application well before the end date, and not apply for it at the end of the existing Visa.