March 11, 201610 yr Once my visa is finished, I'd like to spend a month or so in Vietnam and apply for a visa in HCMC. I obtained a visa from there about a year ago, and since then have gotten 2 DETV from Vientiane. I don't read a lot about people doing 2nd visas in HCMC, just their 1st. That's why I am wondering if I will be denied. HCMC is a nice place to visit, and very hassle free to get a visa at the consulate. But they can be picky and strict with me, so need advice. Thanks
March 11, 201610 yr In all honesty, I do not know. However, my own instinct is the same as yours. They might be sticky about it. Perhaps, you could apply in Hanoi. It is just as comfortable and quick and the conditions for applying are the same. It would look better making the application at a different consulate.
March 11, 201610 yr I've had 3 setv from HCMC. (not back to back). I was over 50 at the time. The IO said.."you should get a non imm o" mind she said retirement visa. Later I did. Point is they can be picky. OP I think you will be fine. Hcmc IMO is much more fun than Hanoi.
March 12, 201610 yr Author ok... it is worth a shot... if i am denied, i'm denied... just do exempt or try somewhere else.... i would visit hcmc regardless.... pretty girls, cheap beer, and an exciting place full of madness.
March 12, 201610 yr It's a consulate so should be light. If they say you have too many tourist visas tell them: "I know tell me about it. I actually want to get a multiple entry, cos I have xyz amount here on this bank statement. Can I?" "No sorry, we can only do single". Worst that can happen is asking for proof of funds. If you're backed up on that you would have covered every angle IMO.
May 9, 201610 yr Author i am in HCMC now, went to the consulate today but they were already closed. I will stay in VN a while, so the visa is not needed immediately. I just hope I can get it. I have the previous one from here, but that was in March 2015.... and i have the funds. I wish Thailand were like Vietnam with visas In Vietnam, it's easy to stay here a long time...and soon Americans will be able to get 1 year visas on arrival.
May 23, 201610 yr Author has no one done 2 TR visas in HCMC before? Not back to back but 2 more than a year apart,.
Create an account or sign in to comment